It's official: Jade Empire 2 is coming!!!!!!

El Santo

Civilian
Reaction score
Love explosion in my pants!

Oh, if you don't love Jade Empire, go to hell :cmad:

-----

A small but interesting scoop: Jade Empire 2 is coming

By Dean Takahashi
Saturday, December 29th, 2007 at 12:00 pm in Dean Takahashi, Dean and Nooch on Gaming, General.

Here’s an opportunity for BioWare to get it right and for all of you fans out there to rejoice. Rumors have been swirling about the possibility of a sequel to BioWare’s Xbox hit, “Jade Empire.” For years, people have predicted it would come and Ray Muzyka, co-CEO of BioWare, even spilled the beans of something coming back in 2005. But I talked with someone who saw code for Jade Empire 2. It’s coming for the Xbox 360, and it’s real. It’s not much as far as scoops go, but I’m on vacation. What do you expect? Happy New Year.Jade Empire was BioWare’s second big game for the Xbox, following the exclusive Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic title in 2003. It will be interesting to see if Jade Empire 2 will remain an exclusive for the Xbox 360, now that Electronic Arts has agreed to acquire BioWare/Pandemic.

Jade Empire launched in spring 2005 on the Xbox. That means the team that created it has probably had a couple of years to work on it. During that time, I would guess that Microsoft secured it as an exclusive and they developed the game for that platform. But there is no law that says such games can’t be ported to the PS 3. And we all know how EA loves to do cross-platform games to maximize profits from a single property.
The original game was an action role-playing game with core martial-arts fighting game play. You play an orphan who is trained in martial arts and on whose shoulders lies the fate of the mystical Asian land, the Jade Empire. The possibilities for the sequel are very interesting given where BioWare took the conversation and RPG system with Mass Effect. Would this be the Xbox 360’s answer to Heavenly Sword on the PlayStation 3? Probably not, given it is an RPG and not a fighting game first.
What’s your vote? Should it remain an Xbox 360 title or should it go cross platform? I don’t know the answer myself.

Interesting. If this is actually true, hopefully it will turn out to be a good game.

Jade Empire really... really... sucked. So no.

No you, and your hypocritical Sony hating ways. :dry:

Ok, so, i guess it´s official now, but i already knew it, Bioware said so in their forums (not that i´m a member, but i was exploring the site a couple of months ago).

If MS is smart, they will (if not already) keep the exclusive.

Jade Empire really... really... sucked. So no.
It´s the only Bioware game i haven´t played...yet (have the game on the PC, but still have to play it), but i find it difficult to believe you.
It might be Bioware´s weakest game to date, that i believe (being the first console game they made), but not on the suck side, more even when it has a 89% on gamerankings.

No you, and your hypocritical Sony hating ways. :dry:

You'll rue the day, woman....you just wait :cmad:

(Btw, I just started GoW2....finally. It kicks ass, I'm fighting the Colossus. Hard mode, too.)

Anyway, Jade Empire > You.

Isildur´s Heir;13660972 said:
It´s the only Bioware game i haven´t played...yet (have the game on the PC, but still have to play it), but i find it difficult to believe you.
It might be Bioware´s weakest game to date, that i believe (being the first console game they made), but not on the suck side, more even when it has a 89% on gamerankings.

Actually KotoR was their first console game. :o

What about...no
KOTOR was a PC game that came out on the xbox first.
Everything in KOTOR screams PC, starting by the combat system.

Jade Empire was the first game built to a console, then it was ported for the PC, that´s not quite the same as KOTOR is it? ;)

Isildur´s Heir;13662098 said:
What about...no
KOTOR was a PC game that came out on the xbox first.
Everything in KOTOR screams PC, starting by the combat system.

Jade Empire was the first game built to a console, then it was ported for the PC, that´s not quite the same as KOTOR is it? ;)

:bh:

Next time say what you actually mean instead of being purposefully vague so that you can own me. :cmad:

If it's on a console, especially if it's on a console first, it's a console game.

:bh:

Next time say what you actually mean instead of being purposefully vague so that you can own me. :cmad:
:p

I wasn´t vague, i said exactly what i meant, that Jade Empire was Bioware´s first console game not that Jade Empire was Bioware´s first console release ;)

If it's on a console, especially if it's on a console first, it's a console game.

What he said. It wasn't like they made Kotor as a PC game, if memory serves, they developed it for the Xbox and then ported it to the PC at a later date, regardless.

Ok, i did some digging and we both are wrong.
KOTOR was neither a PC game or a console game, but a multi-platform one.
It started being made for both, back in 2000, so, neither of us were right.

Damn, i was so close in owning you for the 3rd time in a row :mad: :)

I can't believe your bad taste sometimes, Zenien.

My taste in game is pretty much better than everyone else combined, I'm like the Voltron of gaming taste. I think we disagree about Splinter Cell, and somewhere in between the 2 years that you've been trying to get out of a 3 room cave in MGS3 you began to feel that it was dated. :dry:

I dislike a buggy poorly made boring RPG in Jade Empire and love Mass Effect, but I have bad taste.

Awesome. Another game Bioware will churn out that will be mediocre. I bet it will have the same engine as Jade 1. Can't wait to make "choices" for my character.

My taste in game is pretty much better than everyone else combined, I'm like the Voltron of gaming taste. I think we disagree about Splinter Cell, and somewhere in between the 2 years that you've been trying to get out of a 3 room cave in MGS3 you began to feel that it was dated. :dry:

I dislike a buggy poorly made boring RPG in Jade Empire and love Mass Effect, but I have bad taste.

Metal Gear Solid IS dated! :cmad:
Also, Mazinger Z >>>>>>> Voltron :down

In all fairness the control scheme was designed around making the 2D controls of MG world in a 3D Environment. If your problems really are the controls, well, I dunno, get better at playing the game. I'm playing Portable Ops online every few days and having no problems. But that's not to say the control scheme doesn't have weird quirks you have to acount for. MGS4 controls very differently from past MGS games (you can now walk while crouching for one) everything is more context sensitive like in RE, aimign is over the shoulder, etc.

But yeah, seriously Jade Empire wasn't good, though mass Effect certainly is.

In all fairness the control scheme was designed around making the 2D controls of MG world in a 3D Environment. If your problems really are the controls, well, I dunno, get better at playing the game. I'm playing Portable Ops online every few days and having no problems. But that's not to say the control scheme doesn't have weird quirks you have to acount for. MGS4 controls very differently from past MGS games (you can now walk while crouching for one) everything is more context sensitive like in RE, aimign is over the shoulder, etc.

But yeah, seriously Jade Empire wasn't good, though mass Effect certainly is.

Oh well :grin:

Yesterday, I had lots of sex with a cute Taiwanese girl

Between the two of us we probably get more action than the rest of the forum put together. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelzela
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"