It's the Pokemon thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

I really want this. but Charizard looks out of scale..... and $100 is alot of money

2. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

So Target is supposed to have a B2G1F sale on 3DS Pokemon games. I just got X from Best Buy the other day, so I was thinking of returning it and buying X, Y and Ruby, since I already own Sapphire.

My question is, is it even worth it to get Y and Ruby, if I already have X and Sapphire?

3. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Personally, I don't think so.

4. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

That's what I'm thinking. I haven't even gotten out of the first city in Sapphire, I played like 5 minutes of X, and I recently got White 2 used and haven't even started that. So I definitely wouldn't be playing either of the other two.

But still, the idea of getting Pokemon games for roughly $25 each really entices me, especially given how much they tend to cost used later on. I feel like it would almost be a smart move collector-wise. But I still can't help but feel like they're just going to be sitting there.

5. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

honestly.. i love pokemon to death... i just loathe being an adult.. i haven't completed a pokemon game (in story or pokedex) probably since Ruby and Saphire... i just don't have the time :(

ugh.. growing up sucks

6. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

If you're only getting them for resell value then sure. Pokemon games tend to keep their value well and usually go up.

7. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Yeah, I got a 3DS and a Ps4 in the same week and I haven't really been able to get into any game for either for too long. I'm really feeling Yellow again, but I just don't have the time for it.

I mean I'm not really planning on re-selling. I guess part of me just wants to own every single game, as a collector. Like I'm also considering getting Black and Black 2 along with another DS game from Gamestop for just $60. But I'm kinda worried that I've been spending too much money on games lately.

8. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

I have video games for systems ive probably had for years and never played...

Some great games too... all 3 arkham games after asylum (which im still only halfway through, amazing spidey, amazing spidey 2, banjo kazooie 3, fable anniversary

Ugh.. im a horrible person

9. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

Yeah I went crazy on Black Friday because I bought almost 25 games on sale and barely even touched the likes of Witcher, Metal Gear, and Arkham Knight. Not because I don't like them, but because I want to save them for when I have a good 5-6 hours to play and get immersed in the stories, which I rarely have these days.

For 3DS, I'm still halfway through OoT, A Link Between Worlds, and Fire Emblem: Awakening and Conquest/Birthright.

It really weird how I have so many new games, but the ones I've spent the most time with are remakes, remasters , and re-releases.

10. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

So I picked up Omega Ruby, X and Y from Target (had to return the sealed copy of X to Best Buy) and I also picked up Black and Black 2 from Gamestop with their B2G1F sale.

So I pretty much have almost every Pokemon RPG game for DS and 3DS. Now I prefer playing Gen 1 games because I am most familiar with them, but looking through X and Y, I really like how those worlds look and the semi-3D nature of the environments. Not to mention the customization options. So I'm thinking X is going to be the game I choose to focus on first.

11. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

X, Y and Omega Ruby are full 3D?

12. Matt Mortem Karloff is King

Paid off my Pokken pre-order. Was pretty on the fence about it, as I think the roster should be bigger, but every new video I see makes it look cooler and cooler.

13. SpideyVille Walking out the Desert

What I mean is how the camera sort of gets up close to the character. It's very reminiscent of how GTA III had a bit of the classic top-down view, but also got you close to the character.

There's a part in the beginning of X/Y where the camera gets really low and it just looks like what I would expect a console version of one of the games to look like.

14. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Pokémon Sun And Moon Updates Will Start Appearing In CoroCoro Next Month. March 14, 2016 . 8:00am

Despite the lack of Pokémon Sun and Moon news from this month’s issue of CoroCoro, a teaser in the recent issue says that special features for the two games will begin.

source: Siliconera

15. zenith16 Registered

16. zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

The Pokémon Series Surpasses 200 Million In Total Worldwide Sales. March 17, 2016 . 1:00am

To be more precise, as of February 29th, they’ve registered the main series’ total sales at 210 million, and if you include spinoff titles, the number sits at over 279 million across the entire franchise.
    source: Siliconera

17. zenith16 Registered

Step up and get your first look at Pokémon Go

March 22, 2016 23 Comments
    [​IMG]
    Gotta catch them all? If you ever felt like the handheld worlds in the Pokémon games were ultimately too small, then get ready for Pokémon Go, the augmented reality title that uses the entire world as its playscape.
    Pokémon Go uses iOS and Android apps to interact with surroundings, challenging players to visit real world locations to capture critters and battle with others. The Pokémon people said that they’ll be doing an initial playtest of the game in Japan with a global rollout in later 2016.
    Curious how this game might function? Visitors to SXSW this month were treated to a short preview of a player capturing Ivysaur with the game — and naturally, someone recorded that preview for your edification. Check it out after the break!
    Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

18. zenith16 Registered

More details with Pokemon go and more details on detective Pikachu

[​IMG]
    Smartphone
    Pokemon GO gameplay details announced

Published 12 hours ago. 22 comments.

Also with

[​IMG]

Detective Pikachu’s First Case Is A Walk In The Park, Literally. March 24, 2016 . 6:30pm

Detective Pikachu rides on decades old clichés set up in detective dramas here in Japan and yet, somehow, it never loses itself in these themes and fully remembers the world it originates from.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

More images in both articles

#993 zenith16, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  19. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

Poke murder????? This game is so vierd! *says in goldmember voice*

20. Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Detective Pikachu looks like a game that was completely separate from Pokemon at one point. But then somebody from Nintendo got stoned and asked "Dude what if Pikachu was a detective?" and they just ran with it.

It looks amazing.

21. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Uh, did you just post a summary of what happens in the game?

22. zenith16 Registered

From what was told to us on siliconera by British otaku who is mod and reporter there and who I do talk to at times from there he had some experience with it next to the repoter that wrote it as well . It seems detective pikachu is some what episodic from what he's sayingand there will be more . So what was posted above isn't the whole game. we'll see if that's the case.

as quoted

#997 zenith16, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  23. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, but still, it seems like you basically posted a step-by-step plot summary of the available episode. I mean, I don't know who was looking forward to that thing for its plot or anything, but you really should have spoiler tagged it, or at least gave some indication of the spoiler content.

24. zenith16 Registered

sorry for taking too ling to get back and answer this/ yeah I had in my head I should have done this but never got around to doing so.

And for that I'm sorry. I guess I was too eager to see see what was going down in the superman vs batman thread and post there . Again I'm sorry and I'll make it a point to put up spoilers as I should have done .

25. zenith16 Registered

oh and before I forget this was put up to day

[​IMG]

3DS
    First Pokemon Sun and Moon footage coming April 3

Published 10 hours ago. 81 comments.

source: Gematsu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.