Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two articles

Omastar Surfs Into Pokémon Shuffle This Week. March 8, 2016 . 9:30am

Pokémon Shuffle has been updated this week with the debut of the Omastar stage as well as the return of the Mega Charizard Y stage.

Also with

Pokémon Trainer Red: Champion Version Nendoroid Checks Into The Pokémon Center. March 8, 2016 . 10:33am

The $100 Champion version of the Pokemon Trainer Nendoroid is now for sale in the Pokemon Center.

source: Siliconera

I really want this. but Charizard looks out of scale..... and $100 is alot of money

So Target is supposed to have a B2G1F sale on 3DS Pokemon games. I just got X from Best Buy the other day, so I was thinking of returning it and buying X, Y and Ruby, since I already own Sapphire.

My question is, is it even worth it to get Y and Ruby, if I already have X and Sapphire?

That's what I'm thinking. I haven't even gotten out of the first city in Sapphire, I played like 5 minutes of X, and I recently got White 2 used and haven't even started that. So I definitely wouldn't be playing either of the other two.

But still, the idea of getting Pokemon games for roughly $25 each really entices me, especially given how much they tend to cost used later on. I feel like it would almost be a smart move collector-wise. But I still can't help but feel like they're just going to be sitting there.

honestly.. i love pokemon to death... i just loathe being an adult.. i haven't completed a pokemon game (in story or pokedex) probably since Ruby and Saphire... i just don't have the time :(

ugh.. growing up sucks

That's what I'm thinking. I haven't even gotten out of the first city in Sapphire, I played like 5 minutes of X, and I recently got White 2 used and haven't even started that. So I definitely wouldn't be playing either of the other two.

But still, the idea of getting Pokemon games for roughly $25 each really entices me, especially given how much they tend to cost used later on. I feel like it would almost be a smart move collector-wise. But I still can't help but feel like they're just going to be sitting there.

If you're only getting them for resell value then sure. Pokemon games tend to keep their value well and usually go up.

honestly.. i love pokemon to death... i just loathe being an adult.. i haven't completed a pokemon game (in story or pokedex) probably since Ruby and Saphire... i just don't have the time :(

ugh.. growing up sucks
Yeah, I got a 3DS and a Ps4 in the same week and I haven't really been able to get into any game for either for too long. I'm really feeling Yellow again, but I just don't have the time for it.

If you're only getting them for resell value then sure. Pokemon games tend to keep their value well and usually go up.
I mean I'm not really planning on re-selling. I guess part of me just wants to own every single game, as a collector. Like I'm also considering getting Black and Black 2 along with another DS game from Gamestop for just $60. But I'm kinda worried that I've been spending too much money on games lately.

Yeah, I got a 3DS and a Ps4 in the same week and I haven't really been able to get into any game for either for too long. I'm really feeling Yellow again, but I just don't have the time for it.

I mean I'm not really planning on re-selling. I guess part of me just wants to own every single game, as a collector. Like I'm also considering getting Black and Black 2 along with another DS game from Gamestop for just $60. But I'm kinda worried that I've been spending too much money on games lately.

I have video games for systems ive probably had for years and never played...

Some great games too... all 3 arkham games after asylum (which im still only halfway through, amazing spidey, amazing spidey 2, banjo kazooie 3, fable anniversary

Ugh.. im a horrible person

I have video games for systems ive probably had for years and never played...

Some great games too... all 3 arkham games after asylum (which im still only halfway through, amazing spidey, amazing spidey 2, banjo kazooie 3, fable anniversary

Ugh.. im a horrible person
Yeah I went crazy on Black Friday because I bought almost 25 games on sale and barely even touched the likes of Witcher, Metal Gear, and Arkham Knight. Not because I don't like them, but because I want to save them for when I have a good 5-6 hours to play and get immersed in the stories, which I rarely have these days.

For 3DS, I'm still halfway through OoT, A Link Between Worlds, and Fire Emblem: Awakening and Conquest/Birthright.

It really weird how I have so many new games, but the ones I've spent the most time with are remakes, remasters , and re-releases.

So I picked up Omega Ruby, X and Y from Target (had to return the sealed copy of X to Best Buy) and I also picked up Black and Black 2 from Gamestop with their B2G1F sale.

So I pretty much have almost every Pokemon RPG game for DS and 3DS. Now I prefer playing Gen 1 games because I am most familiar with them, but looking through X and Y, I really like how those worlds look and the semi-3D nature of the environments. Not to mention the customization options. So I'm thinking X is going to be the game I choose to focus on first.

Paid off my Pokken pre-order. Was pretty on the fence about it, as I think the roster should be bigger, but every new video I see makes it look cooler and cooler.

X, Y and Omega Ruby are full 3D?
What I mean is how the camera sort of gets up close to the character. It's very reminiscent of how GTA III had a bit of the classic top-down view, but also got you close to the character.

There's a part in the beginning of X/Y where the camera gets really low and it just looks like what I would expect a console version of one of the games to look like.

Pokémon Sun And Moon Updates Will Start Appearing In CoroCoro Next Month. March 14, 2016 . 8:00am

Despite the lack of Pokémon Sun and Moon news from this month’s issue of CoroCoro, a teaser in the recent issue says that special features for the two games will begin.

Despite the lack of Pokémon Sun and Moon news from this month’s issue of CoroCoro, a teaser in the recent issue says that special features for the two games will begin. [Thanks, Serebii.]

Though the magazine won’t be out until April 15th, there is a good chance that its information will be leaked beforehand.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are scheduled to release later this year during the holiday season.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

• Pokémon Creative Design Director Passes Away In Freak Accident

obituary
    hot-post.png

on Mar 16, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Eric Medalle was tragically killed during the Seattle windstorm last weekend.
    ... More
source: G.I.

The Pokémon Series Surpasses 200 Million In Total Worldwide Sales. March 17, 2016 . 1:00am

To be more precise, as of February 29th, they’ve registered the main series’ total sales at 210 million, and if you include spinoff titles, the number sits at over 279 million across the entire franchise.

The Pokémon Company announced today that since the release of Pokémon Red and Green in 1996, their main Pokémon series has surpassed a total of 200 million in worldwide sales, as of February 29.

To be more precise, as of February 29th, they’ve registered the main series’ total sales at 210 million, and if you include spinoff titles, the number sits at over 279 million across the entire franchise.

With Pokémon Sun and Moon releasing this winter, the company expects the sales to further increase with its nine languages, including its regional expansion with traditional and simplified Chinese, which will surely spread out the fan base across Asia.

Read more stories about Pokemon & Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon on Siliconera.

Step up and get your first look at Pokémon Go

March 22, 2016 23 Comments

Gotta catch them all? If you ever felt like the handheld worlds in the Pokémon games were ultimately too small, then get ready for Pokémon Go, the augmented reality title that uses the entire world as its playscape.
Pokémon Go uses iOS and Android apps to interact with surroundings, challenging players to visit real world locations to capture critters and battle with others. The Pokémon people said that they’ll be doing an initial playtest of the game in Japan with a global rollout in later 2016.
Curious how this game might function? Visitors to SXSW this month were treated to a short preview of a player capturing Ivysaur with the game — and naturally, someone recorded that preview for your edification. Check it out after the break!
Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

More details with Pokemon go and more details on detective Pikachu

Smartphone
Pokemon GO gameplay details announced

Published 12 hours ago. 22 comments.

Explore your surroundings and catch wild Pokemon.

Pokemon-GO_03-24-16.jpg

The Pokemon Company has revealed the first Pokemon GO gameplay information and screenshots. The anticipated smartphone app is due out on iOS and Android devices later this year.

Get the information below.
In Pokemon GO, players around the globe will explore their surroundings to find and catch wild Pokemon hiding in our midst. Some wild Pokemon appear only in their native environments; for example, Water-type Pokemon may only appear near lakes and oceans. As players explore the world around them, their phones will vibrate to let them know a Pokemon is nearby.

Once they have encountered a Pokemon, it can be caught by using the phone’s touch screen to throw a Poke Ball. Poke Balls and other special items can be found at PokeStops located at interesting places such as public art installations, historical markers and monuments.

As players progress through Pokemon GO, their Trainer level will increase, enabling them to capture more-powerful Pokemon and gain access to more items. Some Pokemon can be evolved if the same species is caught on multiple occasions. Pokemon Eggs, which can be found at PokeStops, will hatch after players walk a certain distance. Players will be able to impress their friends by unlocking achievement medals that are earned by completing a variety of challenges.

During gameplay, Pokemon GO players will be encouraged to join one of three teams and engage in Gym battles with other teams.

Once they have joined a team, players will have the ability to assign their Pokemon to empty Gyms. Like PokeStops, Gyms can be found at real locations in the world, and because only one Pokemon per player can be placed at a given Gym, team members will need to work together to build a strong defense. A Gym claimed by one team can be challenged by the other two teams.

With real-life surroundings providing a backdrop for encounters with wild Pokemon, this unique Pokemon game represents the next generation of Niantic’s “Real World” gaming platform, which combines mobile location technology and Augmented Reality to create a gaming experience that motivates players to go outside and explore the world around them.
View the screenshots at the gallery.
(Editor’s Note: This story was back-posted at 1:45 p.m. ET.)

visit gallery »

Read More

Smartphone, Niantic Labs, Nintendo, Pokemon Go, Screenshots

Also with

Detective Pikachu’s First Case Is A Walk In The Park, Literally. March 24, 2016 . 6:30pm

Detective Pikachu rides on decades old clichés set up in detective dramas here in Japan and yet, somehow, it never loses itself in these themes and fully remembers the world it originates from.

Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo is a crazy, Pokémon-filled fever dream. I don’t know how to open this piece with anything but that. It rides on decades old clichés set up in detective dramas here in Japan and heavily draws on more eccentric portrayals of Sherlock Holmes (a la The Great Ace Attorney) – yet, somehow, it never loses itself in these themes and fully remembers the world it originates from. It’s a charming adventure that takes full advantage of its natural world roots, and while the story is simple, the mysteries are fun and the characterizations of the Pokémon alone are imaginative enough to pull you through it.

Alright! That said, let’s take a walk through an abridged version of Detective Pikachu’s first case.

Our straight-out-of-the 90’s hero Tim Goodman emerges from a subway station in search of his recently-gone-missing father. His plans to meet with one of his father’s acquaintances at the Baker Office are abruptly stopped by a number of rambunctious Aipom – one of which steals a little girls Necklace. When Tim tries to seize it, the Aipom jumps on his face and he grabs at it – but his hands reach not Aipom, but our titular detective Pikachu. After a brief litany from Pikachu, and discovering you are the only one who can understand him, it’s off to pursue Aipom!

Knowing full well you are giving chase, the Aipom commandeer a hot dog stand and messily prepare an offensive of street meat, one dousing the other’s tail-hand in ketchup. A brief quick-time event ensues as you dodge the fresh franks (the animations change if you fail, otherwise the story doesn’t change) and the Aipom manage to get away, vandalizing the city with ketchup and paint covered tail-hands all the while. Indeed, the pranksters give you the slip – leaving only red and white hand prints in their wake.

You ask around to see which of the two Aipom was holding the necklace – the one with white paint, which ran towards the Bank, or the one with ketchup, who ran toward the park. Humans aren’t the only ones open to testimony – Pikachu can relay information from other Pokémon to you, and it is indeed with a witness account from a Diggersby that you piece together the clues and pursue the ketchup-covered Aipom into Tanti Park – WHEN BAM!

YOU DISCOVER THAT AIPOM’S BEEN MURDERED BY ANOTHER POKEMON!

…no, not really, he’s just been KO’d. You’ve caught the necklace thief red-handed (heh), but the necklace is nowhere to be seen! The only clues you have are a red berry clutched in its hand, and a black feather that somehow made it underneath him. You consult Pidov obsessed man who insists that the feather does not belong to his beloved bird friends, and learn from the groundskeeper that there are three types of birds in the park it could belong to. The man near the fountain is too busy looking for his lost pen to even give you the time of day, so I continued to Tanti Park’s Pond Area.

Noticing three Starly on the bench by the pond, I decided to have a word with them regarding the incident, and kindly request a feather for comparison to the one found at the crime scene. They oblige in giving you a feather, which is not a direct match, and ask them about Murkrow in the area. The Starly mention that they often scour the park for shiny things – just one instance of how the short story ties Pokémon biology in to the story – and you decide it merits investigation.

You try to speak with one of the Parks’ resident Aipom, however, they refuse to come down and speak while a Poochyena is roaming around. Speaking to the Mightyena, you learn that one of her pups wandered off while she napped – so you run over to Tanti Parks’ Café Area, find the Poochyena behind a bush, and return to speak with Aipom. It tells you that there have been boundary disputes in the park between Murkrow and Aipom, and that the Murkrow’s nest is in an adjacent tree.

Time to search the nest!

Pikachu climbs up to the nest only to be chased out by an incoming Murkrow – and an interrogation ensues. The Murkrow claims to know nothing about the knocked out Aipom, but later admits to fighting with it for the necklace after you present the feather it left at the scene. Pikachu demands the necklace, but the Murkrow desperately squawks back, saying “The necklace disappeared during the fight…!” and points you in the direction of a third party – Burmy – who make their homes in the tree directly next to where Aipom and Murkrow were quarreling.

The mystery is nearly unraveled!

Burmy are Pokémon based on Bagworms, which build cocoons from items found in their environments. Caddisflies, another aquatic insect, do the same thing – variations include stone, twigs, sand, dirt, pine needles – it all depends on where they are. Burmy, on the other hand, have three forms – plant cloak, sandy cloak, and trash cloak. The two Burmy in the main park area mention they were not there at the time of the incident, but that another Burmy may have been. Your investigation leads you to the Café.

A nearby Tailow mentions that while it hasn’t heard anything about a missing Burmy from the fountain area, it did see a pink (trash cloak) Burmy come running from that direction not long ago. What’s more, the garbage in the trashcans out front all seem to have disappeared. You return to the Burmy at the fountain to inquire when – in the middle of conversation – a soccer ball hits the two Burmy, ruining their cocoons and…revealing a lost pen?

Could it be? Is this the pen belonging to the busy grumpus meandering about the fountain earlier? You bet it is! The Burmy quickly rebuild their cocoons from leaves scattered below the tree – and then it clicks. After a brief scene putting clues together with Pikachu as to why Burmy changed its cloak, you know what happened. It’s time to confront the family of Wormadam In the café area, and return the necklace to its rightful owner.

Confronting the Wormadam and their newly trash cloak covered Burmy, you lay down the facts. Aipom came running into the park, necklace in hand, when it was suddenly assaulted by Murkrow. The fight caused a nearby Burmy to lose its cocoon, which it quickly rebuilt using litter scattered about the park – including the necklace. A quick search of its cocoon reveals the necklace, which you and Pikachu deliver to the little girl, bringing the first case to a close.

Detective Pikachu adds a new dimension to investigation games that I haven’t seen before – a biological one. The game has me yearning for more complicated cases – imagine the possibilities of Ghost Pokémon in “perfect crime” scenarios! I imagine that theme will be explored later.

The chapter ends with a cliffhanger though, as Pikachu reveals that he is actually your father’s partner. You head off to the Baker Office and decide to investigate his disappearance together. That’s a story for another time.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Detective Pikachu: Birth of a New Duo on Siliconera.

source: Gematsu& Siliconera

More images in both articles

Last edited:
Poke murder????? This game is so vierd! *says in goldmember voice*

Detective Pikachu looks like a game that was completely separate from Pokemon at one point. But then somebody from Nintendo got stoned and asked "Dude what if Pikachu was a detective?" and they just ran with it.

It looks amazing.

Uh, did you just post a summary of what happens in the game?

Uh, did you just post a summary of what happens in the game?

From what was told to us on siliconera by British otaku who is mod and reporter there and who I do talk to at times from there he had some experience with it next to the repoter that wrote it as well . It seems detective pikachu is some what episodic from what he's sayingand there will be more . So what was posted above isn't the whole game. we'll see if that's the case.

as quoted

Yep

From experience, I can tell you that it is a decent though not great title and a set up to a series of episodes of Detective Pikachu (It even had a "To Be Continued" aside from teasing a certain appearance). They haven't actually said anything about a sequel, so maybe the instalments will be bimonthly before a cartridge with all of the games.

Last edited:
Yeah, but still, it seems like you basically posted a step-by-step plot summary of the available episode. I mean, I don't know who was looking forward to that thing for its plot or anything, but you really should have spoiler tagged it, or at least gave some indication of the spoiler content.

Yeah, but still, it seems like you basically posted a step-by-step plot summary of the available episode. I mean, I don't know who was looking forward to that thing for its plot or anything, but you really should have spoiler tagged it, or at least gave some indication of the spoiler content.
sorry for taking too ling to get back and answer this/ yeah I had in my head I should have done this but never got around to doing so.

And for that I'm sorry. I guess I was too eager to see see what was going down in the superman vs batman thread and post there . Again I'm sorry and I'll make it a point to put up spoilers as I should have done .

oh and before I forget this was put up to day

3DS
First Pokemon Sun and Moon footage coming April 3

Published 10 hours ago. 81 comments.
Footage to be featured on Gathering at the Pokemon House.

PKMN-Sun-Moon-April-3-Ann.jpg

The first footage of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon will debut on April 3, the latest episode of Gathering at the Pokemon House revealed.

Pokemon game series director Junichi Masuda, battle director Shigeki Morimoto, and game director Shigeru Ohmori will be on the April 3 episode of Gathering at the Pokemon House, where they’ll talk about the game and share the first footage.

Pokemon Sun and Moon is due out this holiday.
Thanks, Serebii.

Read More

3DS, Game Freak, Nintendo, Pokemon Sun and Moon, RPG

source: Gematsu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members