• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pokémon It's the Pokemon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully, Amazon is getting my Moon to me tomorrow, instead of the original quoted Tues.

This is one chatty goddamn game. It takes quite awhile to get going. I do really like the art style though. It plays great and looks great. I just wish there was an option to let the game know that I've played every Pokemon game in history and don't need a tutorial on every little function.

is it true that pokemon sun/moon saves to sd card and not to cartridge so people cant use powersaves? I dont play competitively online in pokemon ever, I used powersaves just to make pokemon shiny and stuff for my own personal in game use, I really hope it still works with sun/moon

Everything I know is a lie. Alolan Rattata didn't evolve at 20 like regular Rattata. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!!!!!

I wanted to go to the midnight release but then I fell asleep at 9pm!!! I dont know how that happened im usually a night owl :( now I gotta wait until after work today lol

fading does this genesect have any moves or abilities that he previously could not have?

I was eager to pop in my new game, and just got him in AS quick, only checking for the right nature, had to soft reset a few times. So not sure, wasn't paying attention to his moves. I'll look at the card with his code on it.

It says, lvl 100, ability download, moves techno blast, magnet bomb , solar beam, and signal beam. Card also says only XY, and ORAS,, so guess I do have 2 copies to spare, lol.

This is one chatty goddamn game. It takes quite awhile to get going. I do really like the art style though. It plays great and looks great. I just wish there was an option to let the game know that I've played every Pokemon game in history and don't need a tutorial on every little function.

Believe it or not, I'm enjoying the chatter. I can understand those who don't, but I like the change in pace. Most Pokemon say here's your region, oh no you walked into tall grass, here's a Pokemon, off you go. This one deviates a bit in that it wants you to enjoy the scenery and town, and adds in story. Given it's a Pokemon game I was shocked I wasn't choosing my starter a min or two in. I also like that you "bond" with your starter after you choose it rather than it going straight into the ball. Though, admittedly it annoyed me after my 4th soft reset trying to get an adamant Rowlet.

Got two articles from different places

first up
Gamers rally behind Pokemon Go player mugged and left for dead in North Carolina

November 17, 2016 54 Comments

If there’s one thing I’ve learned from Pokemon Go, it’s that staying home and playing MMORPGs from the comfort of my pajama pants is way safer than leaving the house. For many years, the only thing gamers had to fear was the occasional report on someone dropping dead in an internet cafe after not drinking for days, or maybe that kid you stole a Lineage sword from shivving you at school.

But Pokemon Go drags us out into the real world, and bad **** happens. This week’s reminder to watch your back comes in the form of a 39-year-old North Carolina man who was jumped, severely beaten, robbed of his phone and PoGo Plus, and left for dead in the parking lot of a restaurant, according to the Winston-Salem Journal. While the Journal reports that police haven’t formally confirmed that the assault was Pokemon Go-related, his friends believe it was: The victim, Vincent Mannino, was apparently a hardcore member of the local Pokemon Go group who walked six miles a day playing the game, and the group has disclosed information about the extent of his injuries and hope for his move out of the ICU.

In fact, the group has begun raising money to donate to him and his family and have planned multiple community events in his honor. To date, they’ve raised nearly $5000.
Read more

Fallowing that

XNcvdf.jpg

[YT]CbwGVdgQa1M[/YT]

• 609 views5 hours ago

EP Daily Rundown for November 18, 2016

Today in the Rundown, Disney is catching Pokémon, Rogue One DLC is coming to Battlefront sooner than expected, Titanfall 2 may not have a sequel, Ubisoft is taking over the world, and finally, we have some good news and bad news for Canadian streaming services.

The latest Pokémon game is hitting stores today, and it looks like Disney wants to catch some of the action. Disney XD has inked a deal with The Pokémon Company to air the next season of the Pokémon anime series in the US. It will debut on December 5 with a special showing of the recent movie Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel, followed by the first new episode. The new season of the show is based on Pokémon Sun and Moon, the highly-anticipated new game that hits the 3DS today, incase you’re wondering what all those lineups outside your local game store are about. I’ll be bringing you my full review of the game soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that.

source:
Massivelyop.com/&EPN.tv

So here's my final team:

724.png
745-m.png
760.png

778.png
784.png
026-a.png

I know not very exciting, but they're all so cute! :atp:

I bought Sun and I choose the grass type simply because it's an owl.

Got Sun (for ninetails) going with Popplio. I hope luck is on my side cause I ain't stopping till I get a female.

Last edited:
I'm getting both, but I plan on playing Moon first.

I can't get King's Rock till the post game apparently which ticks me off. I want a Slowking now dammit!

BTW is anyone else having accuracy problems? I miss the overwhelming majority of my attacks in this game and it's pissing me the **** off. Also, wild Pokemon that can call in help while I'm grinding and missing all my attacks is also extremely annoying.

Last edited:
Finally got my female Popplio time to play.

Definitely don't preorder through Amazon. I pre-ordered it back in July. It was scheduled for delivery Tuesday. I just got an email they may miss the date. They gave me a $5 credit and I can't play it until Wednesday anyway but still pretty annoying that Amazon can't handle a AAA release anymore.

Weird. I pre-ordered on Wed, got it today.

I am loving the sheer variety of Pokemon you can get right off the bat.

I want Alola Raichu. My pikachu is at lvl 26. How long should I wait to evolve it? I want psychic moves so probably evolve it asap right?

I haven't had this happen yet, but apparently Pokemon low on hp can call for backup. Now here's where it gets crazy, on route 3 you can encounter Bagon. According to places like serebii Bagon can call Salamence in for support, and it can be caught.

So early game you can catch a lvl 9-12 Salamence Pusedo Legendary dragon. Toss in your Battle Bond Greninja, and your set for the single player part. Personally I feel a lvl 10 Salamence will feel cheap, and easy mode so I won't use him. However a lvl 10 Salamence does have trade appeal, and is very useful for trading from Sun to Moon. Put up your Solgaleo on GTS on Sun for a lvl 1-9 Salamence, hop on your Moon copy and complete the trade. I doubt many people will do this, and have spare low lvl 'Mences laying around.

On route 1 you can catch Snorlax's through SOS battles too.

I haven't had this happen yet, but apparently Pokemon low on hp can call for backup.

I have and it's absolute HELL. I ran across a Skarmory I really wanted to catch. I got it's HP low and it just kept calling in help. If there are two Pokemon you can't throw Pokeballs. I kept knocking out the helper Pokemon only to have the original Skarmory call in more help. I really don't like that mechanic at all.

I have and it's absolute HELL. I ran across a Skarmory I really wanted to catch. I got it's HP low and it just kept calling in help. If there are two Pokemon you can't throw Pokeballs. I kept knocking out the helper Pokemon only to have the original Skarmory call in more help. I really don't like that mechanic at all.
Wouldn't Sleep/Paralysis prevent it?

With such a new mechanic I'm surprised there's not like an opposite arena trap type move/ability that prevents ally pokemon being called.

Weird. I pre-ordered on Wed, got it today.

I am loving the sheer variety of Pokemon you can get right off the bat.

I later got an update that it would be delivered this morning, which it was apparently.

I want Alola Raichu. My pikachu is at lvl 26. How long should I wait to evolve it? I want psychic moves so probably evolve it asap right?

I would. Most of Pikachu/Raichu's best moves are available through TM and tutors so there's no real advantage to holding off on evolving it.

On route 1 you can catch Snorlax's through SOS battles too.

Nice, it makes me want to look up what else you can get. That said, I've already been raising the munchlax we got from mystery gift. I was a little busy past two days, so fell behind. I'm currently on route 2 with Rowlet, Munchlax, Pichu, Pikipeck, Alolan Meowth, and 6th is whatever (currently Alolan Ratata). I'm wanting to use new Pokemon as often as I can, hence not using all the other nice early game Pokemon. With Munchlax being the exception as I haven't raised a Snorlax in a long time.

Decorate Your 3DS With Pokémon From Sun & Moon With These New Themes. November 18, 2016 . 9:30am

Pokémon Sun & Moon are now available in many regions around the world, and now you can show your excitement for the new games with a couple of new Sun & Moon 3DS themes.

5 comments Read >

Pokémon Sun & Moon are now available in many regions around the world, and now you can show your excitement for the new games with a couple of new Sun & Moon 3DS themes.

The first theme called “Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon – Tropical” features plenty of cute Pokémon such as Rowlet, Litten, and many more, while the second theme showcases the two games’ legendary Pokémon, Solgaleo and Lunala.

You can get a look at both of the themes in the videos below.

Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon – Tropical:
[YT]rE_Q8Twe3pc[/YT]

Pokémon Solgaleo/Lunala:
[YT]KzAPtOH7hEQ[/YT]

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are available for the Nintendo 3DS. They will release in Europe on November 23rd.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

also with

Pokémon “Game Traveler Essentials Packs” Will Be Available Soon On Amazon. November 20, 2016 . 11:30am

The Essentials Packs feature a Nintendo 3DS case, stylus, screen protectors, cleaning cloth, as well as two game card cases.

6 comments Read >
pokemoncases_thumb.jpg
Over on Amazon, a handful of Pokémon “Game Traveler Essentials Packs” will be available to purchase in just a few days. [Thanks, NintendoEverything.]

The Essentials Packs feature a Nintendo 3DS case, stylus, screen protectors, cleaning cloth, as well as two game card cases. The cases come in a variety of designs including a Solgaleo one, a Lunala one, a “Pokémon Group” one, and a Solgaleo/Lunala version. The packs will go on sale on November 22nd for $19.99 each, giving you all that you need for an adventure in the recently-released Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Pokemon & Pokémon Moon & Pokémon Sun on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Nice, it makes me want to look up what else you can get. That said, I've already been raising the munchlax we got from mystery gift. I was a little busy past two days, so fell behind. I'm currently on route 2 with Rowlet, Munchlax, Pichu, Pikipeck, Alolan Meowth, and 6th is whatever (currently Alolan Ratata). I'm wanting to use new Pokemon as often as I can, hence not using all the other nice early game Pokemon. With Munchlax being the exception as I haven't raised a Snorlax in a long time.
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/index.shtml

Serebii's pokearth guide has expandable pages for all available SOS pokemon. Route 1 can also get you Hapinnys if you want a very early Chansey/Blissey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"