It's time to plot the X-Men into a fresh scenario

RockStarDude

Major Tom
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate what Bryan Singer did to introduce our beloved X-Men into a world that we could immediately relate too. He was smart to make these films a cut above average simply by choosing a narrative that's appropriately similar to widely universal themes...

...we've established that, fine.

As X-Men: The Last Stand suggests, this is the final film of a trilogy. We've seen a story arch that encompasses all sides of this ongoing battle. Let's say that all things end with this main group of characters, along with these focused themes. Considering the pending X-Men 4, and the slow development of other characters (who could potentially step up to primary roles), I'd really like to see the X-Men in a different realm of story. There are, of course, many of these within the X-Verse. There are also a fair amount of them which either wouldn't work or be handled well on the big screen.

Realistically? The X-Men have many battles to fight and issues to resolve. An interesting change of view for a future film is all to welcome...

In the official review thread, I stated it was my opinion that the movie didn't reallt feel like any sort of a last stand. Matter of fact, it quite the opposite. The movie felt to me like it was ushering in a great NEW era of X-men adventures. The movie felt like The New X-men, if you ask me.

All the actors keep dragging that old phrase around since the earliest days of this movie's hype: "This is the LAST X-men."

Well, bullcrap.

I know what you were all told to say. Keep telling the audience that this is the last movie of the series. They'll think it's going to be big and they'll all come out in droves to see what all the fuss is about.

Well phooey on them. Seeing the movie now, I can so easily dismiss that this movie was the end of anything. It was the end of nothing.

Well worn marketing ploy aside, this movie was a new beginning for the rest of the survivng mutants. A new page and a new chapter in the X-men mythos.

i think this is just the beginning honestly on this storyline

i think it would be neat if like Dr. Rao turned out to be Apacolypse, trying to peg a mutant human war and rule over the stronger race or something (the death was just for show, so the effect wouldn't wear off)

cyclops is barely alive, when sinister finds his lifeless body at alkali lake and revives him, along with a jean grey clone

all these stories could tie in, as with cable and bishop involving apacolypse

and they could bring gambit in as like a hell boy figure where he has this power sinister and apacolypse want(in the comics sinister once thought the kenetic energy inside gambit was powerfull enough to control time) in which he has to choose which side he is on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"