iZombie iZombie ratings thread

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
Season two of iZombie starts this Tuesday night, so I thought I'd do like I already have for some other shows and make a thread for the ratings.

I will post news as I come across it and also offer my own commentary on what they mean.

iZombie averaged a 0.65 last season, which was 5th best on the network for the whole season behind Flash, Arrow, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries.

But iZombie premiered late in the year, after daylight savings time. Post-DST always means lower ratings for all shows, but in that timespan iZombie was actually THIRD on the network behind Flash and Arrow.

Here are last year's ratings:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/izombie-season-one-ratings-35942/

As you can see, the show was remarkably consistent. Whether airing after a huge Flash episode or after a repeat, it stayed in the same range.

Its season high was a 0.83 but it didn't drop below 0.60 until the very last episode of the season.

I'm thinking that airing in the fall will help the show quite a bit, and we could actually see the show's average climb this season. That's a very rare thing for a show's second season.

Anything above a 0.50 average rating is pretty much an automatic renewal for CW, while anything below is dangerous territory. If it pops a 1.0 at any time this year that's pretty much an automatic extension of this season from 13 episodes to 20-23, as well as a full renewal for next year.

The premiere scored a 0.7 in the initial nights, which is down one tenth from last year's premiere but up two tenths from the finale and right in line with its average.

Hopefully it adjusts up later today but as long as it doesn't adjust down it looks like business as usual for the show.

No adjustments for last night's rating.

A 0.7 is a good but not great result. Flash had a lower than expected rating last night as well, so it could have just been a slow night for the network. As long as it doesn't drop into the 0.5 range next week I think it's smooth sailing for a back order and renewal.

The Vampire Diaries and The Originals premiered down last night; the former scored a 0.6 and the latter a 0.4.

That's not great news for the CW in general or those shows in specific, but it's GREAT news for iZombie. Networks like to keep it safe and iZombie premiered better than two of the network's mainstays.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin premiered to a 0.3 and 0.4 respectively, which is again great news for iZombie.

As long as the ratings don't fall through the floor we're looking at a back nine order plus renewal in short order.

iZombie fell to a 0.5 this week, but it was preempted in large markets including Chicago for playoff baseball.

It's still probably safe but a bounce back to 0.6-0.7 next week would be reassuring.

All the other shows on CW are down, so we probably have nothing to worry about.

iZombie bounced back to a 0.6 last night despite the World Series being a monster with a 4.6 rating.

This was the first time in two weeks iZombie wasn't pre-empted, so it's encouraging that it bounced back.

iZombie did a 0.6 in the overnight ratings with a season-high 1.59 million viewers last night.

Here is its viewership trend this season
Episode 1: 0.7 / 1.530 million
Episode 2: 0.5 / 1.222 million (pre empted) (-20%)
Episode 3: 0.5 / 1.285 million (pre empted) (+5%)
Episode 4: 0.6 / 1.471 million (+14%)
Episode 5: 0.6 / 1.539 million (+8%)

Growth in three straight weeks is a very good sign.

I'm really hoping that 0.6 rating adjusts up to a 0.7, but as long as it doesn't drop back down to a 0.5 I'll be happy.

iZombie posted a 0.6 for the third straight week, but it has grown slightly in the unrounded numbers each week. So the show is essentially stable with where it was for most of last season.

Also, the show did a 0.7 in the 18-34 demographic, which is a series high.

At this point there's almost zero chance of a cancellation. The only question is whether it gets a full back nine, a 3-5 episode back order, or stays at 13 episodes for season 2.

iZombie has received a backorder for an additional six episodes, bringing the total to 19 for season 2.

Awesome news.

Why didn't it get a full back nine?

It still could, but CW has more shows than available timeslots right now. If Containment tanks at midseason there's a small chance of CW picking up 2-4 more episodes.

They have Containment, Legends of Tomorrow, and The 100 coming at midseason plus a few more episodes of Reign to deal with.

A 0.6 last night again for iZombie.

The Flash/Arrow crossover did normal Flash ratings, so no lead-in boost last night for iZombie. But it still performed well enough.

Filling in here to report a 0.5 for last episode.

Tonight could be a rough night for iZombie. It's being pre-empted for sports in Chicago and it's also head to head against the State of the Union.

Hoping for the best. I won't get to watch until I get home from work around 10:30.

iZombie held onto its 0.5 even with no Flash lead in, a Chicago sports pre-emption, and the State of the Union head to head.

You've got to think CW views that as a win for iZombie.

iZombie bounced up to a 0.6 rating last night.

For three straight weeks it had hit a 0.6 in the preliminary ratings, only to adjust down to 0.5 in the finals every time.

This time it held. Excellent news.

iZombie stayed in its normal range with a 0.5 last night, despite The Flash (1.1) hitting a series low. Agents of SHIELD (0.9) hit a series low as well, so it was a down night for the comic shows.

0.4 in early overnights.

Series low. Disappointing, but it's post DST and it had a repeat for a lead in.

Hopefully it bumps back up for the two hour finale.

0.4 for the season premiere.

It's pretty irrelevant at this point.

Once a show gets to 30 episodes, CW will absolutely not cancel in until they get it to 70. That's how it's been ever since they got the Netflix deal.

They drag low rated shows to 70 and then cancel them. It's what they did with Nikita, Hart of Dixie, Reign, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

After two more seasons of 13 episodes, iZombie will hit 71. THAT'S when its ratings will matter. If they're good compared to the network average, the show will keep going ala Arrow, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, etc. If they're not good, 5 seasons will be it.

I'm aware of the arguments, I just thought I might as well post the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"