The Flash The Flash ratings thead

Go, Legends. Though I say that with Legends being my favorite of the four shows. But like last year, a good bump for the shows and all but ensures that we'll probably get another crossover next year.

Basically both Arrow and Legends needed the boosts from Supergirl and Flash.

Supergirl's "boost" was irrelevant. The ratings were the same as the other two shows and the marginal viewership advantage Supergirl enjoys over Legends and Arrow is old ladies who are still following the show from when it was on the Old Lady Network, otherwise known as CBS.

Total viewership numbers do not matter. The ratings matter.

Supergirl's "boost" was irrelevant. The ratings were the same as the other two shows and the marginal viewership advantage Supergirl enjoys over Legends and Arrow is old ladies who are still following the show from when it was on the Old Lady Network, otherwise known as CBS.

Total viewership numbers do not matter. The ratings matter.

Ratings are about to be passe. Viewership gives us an idea on how many people were watching.

Ratings are about to be passe. Viewership gives us an idea on how many people were watching.

Ratings only matter to the networks in regards to setting ad rates. Ads are how the big four make their money. The CW is sort of a different beast. It's more of a showcase to find out how the public feels about them. In that regard viewers hold more weight than the do for the big four networks because a lot of the money WB and CBs get from the CW shows in from the Netflix and syndication deals. Plus there is the CW app. So just looking at how many 18-49 year olds watch the CW shows doesn't give an accurate picture of which shows are profitable for WB and CW. For example, Dynasty was profitable for CBS before a single episode aired because of the overseas Netflix deal, even though it is one of the lowest watched shows on the CW by the 18 to 49. So for the CW, total viewers may well be more important because for Netflix they don't run ads and so are more dependent on how many people in general watch their shows.

It's interesting that the industry which measures ratings is not taking a harder look at the impact AT&T's removal of the CW is having on viewership. They are in a contract dispute so anyone with their service can not watch the show unless they view it online at CW's site.

I don't think they *want* to "take a harder look" at most things. A hard look might reveal unfortunate, problematic truths about the situation. Like "ratings don't really correlate with the real world well", or "ratings exaggerate advertisement viewership by a lot".

Decent ratings plus good feedback on social media make a show great. I don't think Flash has either to speak of.

Go, Legends. Though I say that with Legends being my favorite of the four shows. But like last year, a good bump for the shows and all but ensures that we'll probably get another crossover next year.

I like that the four shows benefit one another. The template works, so no need to shut it down.

Legends and Supergirl are doing well, for now. Flash needs to catch up.

Legends and Supergirl are doing well, for now. Flash needs to catch up.

The Flash might have taken a bit of a hit on ratings but that hasn't changed it from easily being the highest rated show CW has. It will get renewed.

18-49 rating

Valor - 0.23
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - 0.2
Jane the Virgin - 0.25
Dynasty - 0.23
Arrow - 0.54
Supernatural - 0.6
Riverdale - 0.59
Supergirl - 0.55
Legends of Tomorrow - 0.55
The Flash - 0.93

If the ratings hold for last night, then Flash and Legends are starting to get the ratings they deserve. As for Flash, let's see how long they hold CW's top rated crown. At the rate they're going, Supernatural or another show could take it by season's end. Won't that be a kicker. :sly:

I doubt it will stay the way it is for long. Loads of people are giving up. As semi interesting as Devoe has been, it's still not enough to correct the mistakes made by having Andrew Kreisberg in charge. With Berlanti back, he might be the one to save the numbers from dropping.

Live + 7 day increase for the Supergirl for the November 27th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 1"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.6, a 78% increase
Viewers, from 2.713 million live to 4.430 million in L+7, an increase of 1.717 million viewers, for a 63% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for the Arrow for the November 27th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 2"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.7, an 89% increase
Viewers, from 2.521 million live to 4.412 million in L+7, an increase of 1.891 million viewers, for a 75% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for The Flash for the November 28th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 3"
Live 1.0, L+7 1.7, a 70% increase
Viewers, from 2.816 million live to 4.621 million in L+7, an increase of 1.825 million viewers, for a 65% increase.

Live + 7 day increase for Legends of Tomorrow for the November 28th episode "Crisis on Earth-X, part 4"
Live 0.9, L+7 1.7, an 89% increase
Viewers, from 2.797 million live to 4.618 million in L+7, an increase of 1.821 million viewers, for a 65% increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"