The Flash The Flash ratings thead

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
Flash returns for season 2 on Tuesday night, so we'll be hearing about ratings again very soon.

Last season Flash was the highest rated show on the CW, and arguably the most successful show in the history of the network by certain metrics.

It would take a total collapse for the show not to be renewed, and I don't think we have to worry about that.

Last season the show averaged a 1.44 rating, with a season high of 1.90 and a season low of 1.27. You can check out its season one ratings here:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-flash-season-one-ratings-34271/

Anything above a 1.01 average this year would still likely make it the top rated show on the network. To get cancelled it would have to likely fall below a 0.60, which is extremely unlikely.

A 1.90 to match last season's premiere seems unlikely to me, as that was the best rating the network has had since The Vampire Diaries premiered way back in 2009. Anything above a 1.5 would be a big success for the premiere, while anything under a 1.3 could be worrying.

I'm predicting a 1.7 myself, but we'll find out on Wednesday.

If it does indeed get renewed for season 3, which is very likely, syndication economics all but guarantees a fourth season as well. So a decent first half for Flash ratings this season pretty much secures us another 45+ episodes.

Flash returned to a bit of a mediocre 1.4. I say mediocre just because of how high the bar was set last season; in all likelihood no other show on the network will even pop a 1.3 this whole season (except big DC show crossovers, and even then a 1.4 for the Arrow half of the Flash crossover was a series high for Arrow).

iZombie returned with a very stable rating as well, so it could just have been a slow night.

It didn't fall like a rock so I feel like both shows are very safe for renewals.

Keep in mind that people are using different ways to watch TV. Last season I bought the Flash a la cart on XBLIVE. This season I'll be watching it on TV (free cable FTW!). A lot of people use Amazon and the CW site to watch it as well.

All of those factors were there last season too. A 1.4 is a mediocre result, no matter how you look at it. Last year the average was 1.44 but it started with a 1.9.

Again, it will still be the highest rated show on the CW so we have nothing to worry about. But most people in the know were predicting a 1.5-1.7.

Flash has been ridiculously consistent this season

Episode 1: 1.4 rating, 3.58m viewers
Episode 2: 1.4 rating, 3.49m viewers
Episode 3: 1.4 rating, 3.49m viewers
Episode 4: 1.4 rating, 3.43m viewers

This is particularly impressive due to it going up against playoff baseball, which draws a heavily male audience just like Flash.

The only CW show besides Flash to even hit a 1.4 in the last four seasons has been Arrow, and that was only once (the crossover last season).

Flash hit a season high 1.5 rating last night, with 3.73 million viewers. It could adjust down, but even it if does it's still a great result.

Flash got second place in its timeslot, beating ABC (Muppets), Fox (Grandfathered), and NBC (Best Time Ever with NPH).

In total it beat or tied NINE shows on the big four networks (Muppets, Grandfathered, Best Time Ever, Grinder, Agents of SHIELD, Fresh off the Boat, Scream Queens, Limitless, and Wicked City).

Flash also tied The Voice for the #1 show of the night in adults 18-34 and it got second place (behind NCIS) with a 6 share in men 18-49.

Flash scored a 1.5 last night again.

That's even with last week and up a tenth from the 1.4 it got at the same time last year.

Really incredible result for Flash.

It beat every show on ABC last night (SHIELD, Muppets, Fresh off the Boat, Wicked City), every show on Fox (The Grinder, Scream Queens, Grandfathered), and tied one show on CBS (Limitless).

Looking at the unrounded 18-49 ratings numbers, Flash has been rising steadily four straight weeks
Week 1: 1.43
Week 2: 1.35 (-5.59%)
Week 3: 1.36 (+0.59%)
Week 4: 1.39 (+2.13%
Week 5: 1.49 (+7.20%)
Week 6: 1.51 (+1.34%)

Average: 1.42

The next three episodes are Grodd, the Arrow crossover, and then the midseason finale. Last year the Arrow crossover hit a 1.59, so we'll se if they can top it this year.

This week's Flash Invasion! cross-over, 11/29/16 had a 1.5 demo with 4.1 million viewers. A 38% and a 39% increase from last week.
The highest demo rating since 2/16/16 and the highest total viewers since 1/27/15

A major crossover will do that, but good for Flash. Hopefully Arrow and Legends can pull some slightly bigger than normal numbers, Arrow especially with this being the 100th.

The crossover last season didn't bump the ratings for The Flash at all, and the one from season 1 was just a tenth.

This time Flash jumped four tenths, which is incredible for a show at this point in its run. Supergirl only bumped 2 tenths and it was crossing over with a more popular show (Flash).

Historically, the other shows Flash crosses over with see massive bumps and Flash sees little or no bump.

It shows they probably missed an opportunity by not having a more fleshed out crossover episode of Supergirl. I understand it was their midseason finale, but I feel like a fully fledged four show crossover is what we were promised and it's not what we got.

But still, it's good for all the shows. Hopefully Arrow and Legends get good bumps too.

Ouch. The viewership is a little higher than Supergirl's.

People probably don't know it's back. I certainly didn't (watched it today).

Makes me wonder how well did CW promoted the returns of the superhero shows.

The long breaks these shows take are such momentum-killers for the season, so I'm not surprised at its return ratings, especially considering that this has been a pretty lackluster season thus far.

Live+Same Day to Live+7 Days increase for broadcast networks comic book based shows January 30th to February 5th.
18-49 demo/total viewers in millions.
Percent increases.

Arrow
0.6/1.915 to 1.1/2.990
83%/56%

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
0.7/1.776 to 1.2/2.963
71%/67%

Gotham
1.1/3.431 to 1.8/5.095
64%/47%

Lucifer
1.2/4.187 to 1.9/6.196
58%/48%

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
0.6/2.153 to 1.5/4.234
150%/97%

Riverdale
0.4/1.151 to 0.8/1.907
100%/66%

Supergirl
0.7/2.348 million to 1.2/3.745 million.
Increase 71%/59%

The Flash
1.1/3.063 to 1.8/4.705
64%/54%

I bet Fox is not thrilled that their comic properties are only barely doing better than Flash, if at all. More thrilled than ABC is about Agents of SHIELD, mind.

Gotham and Lucifer are actually two of the better-performing dramas on Fox right now.

24 and APB fell to Gotham and Lucifer's normal ranges after only two episodes, in the same timeslots.

Basically, Fox drama looks like this
Empire

Lethal Weapon
Star

Gotham and Lucifer

24: Legacy and APB

everything else is pretty much already dead. Exorcist, Rosewood, Scream Queens, Bones, Pitch, Sleepy Hollow... all of them are absolute dumpster fires from a ratings standpoint. None will be back next year.

Live+Same Day to Live+7 Days increase for broadcast networks comic book based shows February 6th to February 12th.
18-49 demo/total viewers in millions.
Percent increases.

Arrow
0.6/1.608 to 1.1/2.731
83%/70%

DC's Legends of Tomorrow
0.7/1.774 to ?/2.873
?/62%

Gotham
No episodes aired that week.

Lucifer
No episodes aired that week.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
0.7/2.085 to 1.5/4.129
114%/98%

Riverdale
0.5/1.197 to ?/1.903
?/59%

Supergirl
0.7/2.428 million to 1.2/3.809 million.
Increase 71%/57%

The Flash
1.1/2.906 to 1.8/4.586
64%/58%

The long breaks these shows take are such momentum-killers for the season, so I'm not surprised at its return ratings, especially considering that this has been a pretty lackluster season thus far.
I hate that stupid trend networks have of putting a show on temporary hiatus until new episodes are ready to air, it used to be back in the day that reruns would air for viewers to catch up on.

But oh nooooo now they want for us viewers to download some stupid app and catch up with our shows on our smartphone.

Umm hello? I like to watch TV on a regular TV and not on a rinky dink little screen.

Ratings for crossover and total viewers:

Supergirl -- 0.9__ 2.65 million
Arrow ---- 0.9__ 2.54 million
Flash ----- 0.9__ 2.74 million
Legends -- 0.9__ 2.76 million

Wow, check out Legends with the ratings win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"