Jack Black as GL? Why god...WHY?!

Hello

Well whatever way this film gets taken just as long as it doesn't wind up a "Zany Comedy" & along the lines of a "Space Epic" or close enough then I think it'll work, to help assure that am personally CALLING ALL LANTERN CORP MEMBERS & those with or without the costume. that are BIG fans of the [ Green Lantern" as many of you as possible that are already/thinking of going to DO YOUR BEST to get to & attend Comic Con International later this month July 20-24 (To Be Precise) http://www.comic-con.org and Team up (if possible) at some point?? or at least help spread the word "Six Ways From Sunday" on the (Mile plus) showroom floor along with as many of us as possible doing our best!!. TO WIND UP ON CAMERA stating for the RECORD THAT JACK JUST ISN'T LANTERN MATERIAL!!!. far from it my friend in fact so much so that a guy I know from Canada gave me a response which I have to COMPLETELY, THEN SOME AGREE WITH (Pardon French) Quite Literally Jack Black as the "Green Lantern" is (Phonetical English) "SHALL~'DEH~MAYEL" (Silent Y). French "Sha** De M***" meaning (of course) B.S. which I MUST AGREE WITH WHOLE HEARTEDLY!!. because then he'd be FOREVER known (No Pun Intended) as Jack 'O Lantern:down . which I amongst others would have to say in the IMMORTAL words of Jackie (Bufford T.) Gleason (JUSTICE) :mad: "NOW THAT'S JUST PLAIN GOOD OLD FASHIONED COMMUNISM". or as HOMEY would say "I Don't Think So HOMEY Don't Play That!". in fact who knows if I cross paths with someone like "Bobcat Goldthwait" in/around the event(s) I'll even let him know or at the very least Stan Winston http://www.stanwinston.com. who knows? who else will be there 'cause last year I could've sworn I walked right past Charlie Sheen but I digress the thought of Jack ('O Latern) Black winding up with the role well let me put it this way. think somebody should consider modifying a non Licensed "Nuclear Accelarator" (re: Ghostbusters) to focus the beam (around midsection) in the stick through some various (color) types of "KRYPTONITE" you know the usual Red Silver .Black & of course needless to say GREEN.. then use a lower power setting not to kill him or cause bodily harm but just enough to maybe just MAYBE MAKE HIM GLOW IN THE DARK. well maybe not that far but enough to get him to realize that there is no way in sector 2841?? (Isn't it??) sorry way WAY behind reading comics here but I digress. THERE IS NO WAY IN THE MILKY WAY GALAXY that Mr Black is (No Pun Intended) The Right Fit!! in regards to the suit or ??? re: Hal Jordan or otherwise!!.

If any of this is true all it really means to me is that WB couldn't give a **** about making up the mistakes for Batman and Robin and CINO.

GridMasterOne.......If you honestly think a green lantern fan protest is going to do a damn thing......you are REALY sad!

I guess the question is, for which Green Lantern is he up for?

He could be a good secondary Green Lantern to a real hero. Make him one of the fat, roundball type of GL with 1 or 2 lines.

Other than that, he shouldn't be near any potential GL project.

You can just put me in as "Hell no" for Black as GL. When WB is finally smart enough to realize that they're screwing over a great character, call me.

Till then, bring on Hal Jordan.

thechubbysaint said:
I guess the question is, for which Green Lantern is he up for?

He could be a good secondary Green Lantern to a real hero. Make him one of the fat, roundball type of GL with 1 or 2 lines.

Other than that, he shouldn't be near any potential GL project.

So, like Gnort?

I can't see Warner doing something so stupid. They seem to have a clue as far as their properties go.

This suspense is killing me. I wish we'd see some official movement on this so I could start sleeping soundly again....

Manic said:
You know what? Queen Latifah once said on MTV that she wants to play Wonder Woman. Doesn't mean it's ever gonna happen.

LMAO, yea Jack Black will never come ten feet near the Green Lantern set... depending when and if ther will be a green lantern set.

There's a treatment being written by Robert Smigel...and if you know who that is then the Jack Black casting rumors really aren't as far off the mark as some people may think, so I wouldn't blindly dismiss this...though WB is making a huge mistake because they have the next great trilogy, in the vain of Star Wars, on their hands and it seems they're going in the wrong direction.

The Watchman said:
There's a treatment being written by Robert Smigel...and if you know who that is then the Jack Black casting rumors really aren't as far off the mark as some people may think, so I wouldn't blindly dismiss this...though WB is making a huge mistake because they have the next great trilogy, in the vain of Star Wars, on their hands and it seems they're going in the wrong direction.

Where are you getting this from? Are you sure it wasn't for the short "Ambiguos Gay Duo"?

Olcanucklehead said:
GridMasterOne.......If you honestly think a green lantern fan protest is going to do a damn thing......you are REALY sad!

Why not? We stopped Cage from becoming :supes: didn't we? ;)

ok, 1st things 1st - chill out

i think it would be a good idea

there are too many superhero films that try to be serious and end up being a pile of crap (most marvel movies, including X3 - what a piece of S**T).

Look, it worked for the mask with jim carrey. That comic was dark and extremely violent but they turned it into a family film that kicked ass (in my humble opinion).

Think about it!

The Watchman said:
Don't say something like that. I was trying to live in disbelief of this horrible idea.

The Watchman said:

They've already pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into restoring the Superman and Batman franchises. They probably want a superhero movie that costs less but is at least an instant pay off. :down :(

clownboy said:
ok, 1st things 1st - chill out

i think it would be a good idea

there are too many superhero films that try to be serious and end up being a pile of crap (most marvel movies, including X3 - what a piece of S**T).

Look, it worked for the mask with jim carrey. That comic was dark and extremely violent but they turned it into a family film that kicked ass (in my humble opinion).

Think about it!

Are you out of your F'ing mind?

If they make some crap fest with Jack Black then Green Lantern will be seen as some goofy bull***** and a real Green Lantern movie will never be made.

A trilogy or even more making it like Star Wars would bring in huge amounts of money and make Green Lantern more popular than ever. The potential here is massive.

If they make this movie it will be about some jackass that gets the ring somehow and goes around doing stupid things with it. There wont be any other Lantern's making appearances, no Guardians, no Oa. It won't be Green Lantern, just some *****e bag with a magic ring.

dnno1 said:
Where are you getting this from? Are you sure it wasn't for the short "Ambiguos Gay Duo"?
I can find nothing to validate what he said, so I wouldn't lend much creedence to it.

DarkSuperman said:
I really hope that Jack Black is just clinging to some saaaaaaaaad hope that DC will let him slip on the emerald ring, cause otherwise this is as sad as Paris Hilton coming out with an Album.

I'm finding it hard to believe that DC Comics as after taking such a serious and commendable approach at their Superhero properties would throw all that out of the window when it came time to give Green Lantern his shine. Hopefully he's just dellusional. I want Hal Jordan to have the same emotional fantastic silver screen treatment that Batman Begins and Superman Returns got. I'm a little more passionate about GL simply because he's never really gotten his opportunity to show his stuff and what he's all about like the big three have. He's been basically relegated to that "Green Laser beam guy from the super friends".

A spectacular silver screen adaption could propel GL to the upper echelon of Superhero greatness, making him a house hold name right along side, Spider-man, Superman, and the rest. Jack Black just isn't right and I'd really like to avoid another Catwoman and Son of the mask. Here's to hoping they dont Sully the Green Lantern name. :supes:

I don't think DC will be coming out with more DC movies. Just Batman and Superman, thats what DC needs to focus on. Jack Black? Green Lantern? I don't see it happening.

ShadowBoxing said:
I can find nothing to validate what he said, so I wouldn't lend much creedence to it.

There was some mention of Smigel's name back in 2004 on the SHH forums when Adam Sandler was tied to the film, but I think that that was just rumor or speculation. I still want to know where The Watchman is getting his current information.

If Jack Black IS cast, we must prepare for GLINO.

LOUD_SILENT_MAN said:
If Jack Black IS cast, we must prepare for GLINO.

Jesus, not another stupid acronym...I hope this doesn't happen just so I never have to see "GLINO" on my computer screen ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"