Jack Black as Green Lantern???

I think after this summer, the world will have seen enough of Jack in spandex & the idea will go the way of Nicolas Coppola playing Superman.

Haha! I like Jack, but I'm not sure...........

They want to do a Bruce Almighty-styled GL story. It's the only GL movie we're gonna get this decade. Let Jack Black play Charlie Vickers, lets have some laughs in the late fall, cuz we're not gonna get a sci-fi-epic GL movie in the same summer as Singerman 2, Batman Continues and Whedon Woman. There's just not enough time.

Olcanucklehead said:
I don't know, the same things was said by many others right before they got the part. Didn't Tobey say he probobly wouldn't do it right before he got it???
yeah but tobey can act and have a simuler body as spidey has.

Nachoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

My point is, NO. :mad:

The only humor this movie would need would be a "grow that back" type comment, so I don't think Black would fit. But if he has to be in it to make it move, I say shave his head, paint him blue, put on little white sidehair and make him be from Oa.

Jack Black as Hal Jordan? No.

Jack Black as a Green Lantern? Anything's possible.

And come on. Green Lantern is a very silly concept in and of itself. A guy who can make anything he imagines out of green lights whose worst enemy is a guy named "Sinestro" who has pinkish purple skin and a head straight out of an old SNL sketch and whose greatest weakness is to the color yellow...?

I can understand why WB would want to take a comedy approach with this franchise. It would be really hard to get general audiences to take it seriously.

I would like to see a dramedy, almost like men in black but slightly more serious, and I would like to see Jack Black play Kyle Rayner :)

I can already see the stupid faces he will make everytime he makes something stupid/perverted with the ring. :(

He'll even look at the camera and raise an eyebrow when he makes a green *****. :(

DOG LIPS said:
I can already see the stupid faces he will make everytime he makes something stupid/perverted with the ring. :(

He'll even look at the camera and raise an eyebrow when he makes a green *****. :(

It will truly be the best comedy ever. :D :up:

besides jack black now has his own superhero character the luchadore NACHO he no longer needs gl

It'll be a disgrace if they go through with it, which is why I'm praying this is only a rumor. Comic Book Movies get a bad rap now, and if this happens, they would never be taken seriously again.

Please, if Green Lantern gets made as a movie as he exists in the comics, it'd be hard to take superhero films seriously ever again. Some superheroes just aren't up for mass public consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"