Jake Gyllenhaal as Two-face????

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Azrael13, Apr 25, 2006.

1. L0ngsh0t Registered

i could hardley call both the movies, or his performences in Jarhead, and The Day after tommorw fantastic

i don't think being nominated for an academy award is anything incredibley special, especially in a down year like this past one where a movie that was really released two years ago won alot of the awards...but..in saying that he was dec. in brokeback

and of course one of the greatest sci-fi mind benders ever which goes with out saying

he's an ok actor, but Harvey Dent? do you really want a guy who is known for taking it up the ass, as your hard nosed D.A.? Gay jokes aside, and my issue with Schrieber aside(which i will adress mommentarly) i would prefer schrieber, because at least schrieber looks like a man, i could stand in the middle of the halls at my college and see many guys that look older then Gyllenhaal looks

ok Schrieber....i don't have wrath with schrieber, i have wrath with everyone who thinks Schrieber is the highlander of harvey dent characters...and i have voiced my opinion viamently that he is not the "only one" who can play Dent...nor do i think he is the best person to play Dent...but you should take note that i think he is in my top 5, so i am not anti Schrieber

2. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

You're now nobody in my eyes.

3. StorminNorman Registered

I dont think either Day After, or Jarhead are great movies - but Gyllenhaal was very good and both and his performance in Jarhead was very impressive. I could really see Jake playing the role of Harvey Dent, think a young - aggressive Harvey Dent who is fighting to prove himself. I could see somethign like that workin very well.

4. L0ngsh0t Registered

ANTHONYNASTI- just ask yourself that question though, i mean seriously...he is known more for taking it from heath ledger then anything else, that is why he had oscar buzz (don't give me the good actor ****, if he would have been with a girl and not a guy in that movie, there would have been no oscar buzz) and the oscar buzz is the reason he is up for the role...

Storminnorman-the thing is...especially in the long halloween (Which most of you are looking at the basis of two face, a la the schrieber talk) Harvey Dent has never been young and struggling, Harvey Dent acepts nothing but victory, and has no problem cutting corners and finding any advantage that he can...that isn't Gyllenhaal, or at least nothing he has done...most of his performences he plays, shy quite boys...no...i don't see harvey dent in anything he has done...i'm sorry, i will hear Schrieber (again not my first choice, but if he gets the role more power to him) but not Gyllenhaal

5. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

I agree that Gyllenhaal is a bit young for it.

I don't think he's only known for taking it in the ass. Donnie Darko and Jarhead were huge.

6. L0ngsh0t Registered

Darko was, i'll give you that, i am as much of a fan of that movie as most movies not in my top 10...but i couldn't stand jarhead, maybe i stand alone, i think i don't, but that is where i stand

7. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

doesnt stop it from being huge. Thing is it was a big movie. Lots of publicity.

8. L0ngsh0t Registered

but be serious...the only reason he is being thrown around for Two face, is because of his Oscar buzz, he isn't being thrown around because of a cult hit, he isn't being thrown around because of a mildly accepted Desert Storm movie, it isn't because of the terrible day aftet tommorow (which even if his performence was good, he still was the guy "running" from the cold as if he the cold was a bad guy)

it is because he was in brokeback mountian and was up for an oscar, why was he up for an oscar? if it was a regular love story with a chick he wouldn't have been up for the oscar, but because he took it up the ass, it was considered different and darring, so they nominated him...that is why

all that aside, Gyllenhaal normally plays scared, shy, feables boys in movies, do you want that as Harvey dent? a shy boy?

9. Ronny Shade back for a limited time

no i dont.

but I hate when everything is reduced to sex.

10. L0ngsh0t Registered

well, that is why he got the buzz, and the buzz is why he is up for the part, i agree it's stupid, but that's how it roles, thats how halley berry got huge, burt reynolds, and now jake gyllenhaal

11. chosen1 Registered

agree 100%
    that guy should be no where near batman movies

12. Azrael13 Registered

Jake -> Donny Darko, Good
    Jake -> Two-face, BAD!

13. L0ngsh0t Registered

couldn't say it better myself, i'm not gunna knock the guy, cause Darko kicked ass but, Dent? no