Far From Home Jake Gyllenhaal is...Mysterio?

He looks styled similar to Doctor Strange. A Sorcerer Supreme wannabe?

I wonder if this version of Mysterio has any connection to Kamar-Taj.

Wonder what Mysterio would think of (the pretender) Strange.

This sounds stupid but I wonder if it will be a full bowl or more of a half-dome.

This sounds stupid but I wonder if it will be a full bowl or more of a half-dome.

I reckon they wouldn’t give him a bowl and then only do half. They’ll make it as comic accurate as possible

That...looks to be a big fish-bowl....a real big fish bowl...!!! :woo:

That’s the look! I bet it’ll be the look to beat for Halloween 2019

I love the way the suit is looking in that photo. I need to get off the boards before I spoil everything for myself lol. I did really well with Homecoming and Infinity War... hope I can hold out for this one, too.

Outside of the classic Mysterio design, this was my other favorite...briefly used in a storyline called "Media Blizzard" in Sensational Spiderman #1
1300-2559970

I'm glad I'm not the only person who loves the outfit from Media Blizzard. I prefer the classic fishbowl (of course) but JRJR did a great redesign here. There's also an issue from a few months later where Mysterio teams up with Armada (lame 90s villain) and they gave the Media Blizzard look the classic fishbowl head. Wasn't a bad look either, IMO.

I do hope we get that cheesy green and purple classic fishbowl look for the majority of the flick, though.

Gosh he’s a babe. I wonder if they’re going to give him make up and prosthetics to...y’know, make him looked like a slapped ash

Based on the reactions to the trailer at CCXP, it sounds like Mysterio looks great with the OG fishbowl helmet.

Do we know if Mysterio was wearing his classic costume or the costume we saw in the set pics? Really hanging to see the classic costume on screen.

It just makes the universe seem so small, that all of this tech originated from a single event and species. Plus, how much of it can there be and how many times can it be reused and repurposed? Also, it always felt silly to be that someone working for a glorified trash collector was able to reverse engineer advanced alien tech, and do it better than an entire army of Hydra agents.

But personally, my biggest gripe is just how cheap the purple and everything else looks most of the time. Reminds me of how basic cable-y the early MCU looked. I just hope Far From Home has better polished VFX than Homecoming, which was amazingly (heh) low budget looking. Marvel's got to cool it with the excessive use of green screen.

If alien tech suddenly appeared on Earth, people would use the alien tech and the knowledge gained from it, this seems like an impossibly specific to just and purely you-level nitpick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"