Far From Home Jake Gyllenhaal is...Mysterio?

I'm definitely into Mysterio's look- like, really into it- but did the helmet look too much like actual animation to anyone else? I know that it probably has to be CGI for practical purposes, but they can definitely do realistic CGI glass nowadays. Something about the opacity or reflectiveness or something. Then again, I've never seen a glass helmet in real life, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about....

He does look perfect. I literally have no complaints about his costume.

I see on twitter that women and fruity men responded positively to this line:

tumblr_pldne2OzVX1shp9dyo3_540.gif

with a lot of versions of 'yes we want all parts of this' :D

Did anybody else catch the Illuminati triangle when he's using the energy shield while fighting Hydroman at the end? It does look really similar to what we have seen Doctor Strange use in his movie and in IW. Very interesting stuff.

I am very interested to see how that works. It seems that he at least wants to make it look like he's using magic. I don't think they'd actually make him a sorcerer, though. Regardless, he looks absolutely perfect. Boy does proving Avi so horribly wrong put a smile on my face!

I'll be curious how his illusions actually work. It looks like they actually cause physical damage. I can't imagine his tech is sophisticated that it can outsmart the sensors on Spider-man's suit that would tell him it's fake.

Jake looks great as Mysterio and I can't wait for him to steal the movie.

He looks fantastic! I wonder how they will differentiate him from someone like syndrome

I can't wait for the Mysterio/Spider-Man banter!!! Of all the characters Spider-Man quips with, his exchanges with Mysterio are some of his best. He provides him so much material!!!

I'm definitely into Mysterio's look- like, really into it- but did the helmet look too much like actual animation to anyone else? I know that it probably has to be CGI for practical purposes, but they can definitely do realistic CGI glass nowadays. Something about the opacity or reflectiveness or something. Then again, I've never seen a glass helmet in real life, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about....

It did but remember, they'll be touching it up for another 5 months or whatever. I'm sure it'll look better in the actual film. I'm looking forward to seeing official stills

Guys, we have fishbowl The movie will officially be a success now.

Fact.

Also yes, I'm that easy to please.

It did but remember, they'll be touching it up for another 5 months or whatever. I'm sure it'll look better in the actual film. I'm looking forward to seeing official stills

Oh yeah- I somehow completely forgot about that. I guess I just sometimes think that trailers are the finished product. I'm sure five months is definitely enough time to polish everything up, though. Can't wait to see it all on the big screen!

Guys,it's an illusion,Jake is really playing Kraven.

Not necessarily an illusion. After all, look at Spider-Man's supporting cast and how they've mixed everyone up. Ned Leeds looks like Ganke, Betty looks like Gwen etc. That sand monster Jake was fighting could've been Hydro Man and the water monster could've been Sand Man. So Jake could easily be Kraven even if he looks like Mysterio. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"