Far From Home Jake Gyllenhaal is...Mysterio?

Aloha,
He can play Mysterio. I'm sure this is going to be part Spidey and part Dr. Strange in the presentation.
Mysterio can and has messed with Spidey's mind Big Time.
Can't wait for this one.

Spidey rules
Nice pun with Big Time. It’d be great if they leveraged Mysterio’s strengths—illusions—to mess with Peter emotionally. Could maybe hopefully jump into the whole spider-sense thing. That’s been key in the cartoons and comics.

This is what I think they’ll go for in terms of aesthetic. Of course, minus the leather jacket, t-shirt, colors and lights, etc. Just the overall feel and designs.

fwubk6.jpg

15n93th.jpg
(Fortnite lollll)
2644zcy.jpg

The Vulture and the MCU usually has real world-y influences. And Watts has said before that he likes there to be a reason for certai design choices. Why does Vulture have fur/a jacket? Why does he need wings? Will he need a helmet for certain altitudes, etc.
This. If Watts examine all the design choices to adapt from comic, regardless of 616 and Ultimate, he will try to find a way to ground it in Real World aesthetics. That includes cape, fishbowl helmet or the smoke head, and any other design elements. But like Vulture, Shocker, and Scorpion, it would be definitely change to fit a modern audience.

This. If Watts examine all the design choices to adapt from comic, regardless of 616 and Ultimate, he will try to find a way to ground it in Real World aesthetics. That includes cape, fishbowl helmet or the smoke head, and any other design elements. But like Vulture, Shocker, and Scorpion, it would be definitely change to fit a modern audience.
The thing is, Mysterio shouldn't be grounded in reality. His entire theme is that he is this mysterious, fantastical being. That is part of the illusion. It would be stupid to try and ground him into reality like the Vulture. The point of the character is that he is not based in real life- He's based in theatrics and special effects. Now unless they completely change Quentin Beck' s character then there is zero reason to apply real world logic to Mysterio's look. He is nothing like Vulture who In the comics was MEANT to be practical.

Jon Watts trying to make Mysterio look like something that could exist in real life would mean he has missed the point of the character entirely. Vulture having a grounded look made complete sense in Homecoming and was true to the character

Last edited:
They're probably not going for the full on fishbowl, so what would you guys think if he looked something like this?

qQO55sO.jpg

This is an amazing updated take on Mysterio's look imo.

They're probably not going for the full on fishbowl, so what would you guys think if he looked something like this?

qQO55sO.jpg

That could work :up: Just give him a green body suit and purple cape

Last edited:
They should make the helmet as crazy as possible, I love the designs where there's a weird ghost face or skull visible.

The helmet on this one's actually pretty awesome, what's that from?

fwubk6.jpg

Obviously the clothes part is all wrong, but the head on that is something like what I could see them doing. Sure there'll be some tempered/real-world version of the fishbowl, they didn't skimp on the furry-collar and general vulture aesthetic for Vulture.

The helmet on this one's actually pretty awesome, what's that from?

fwubk6.jpg

Obviously the clothes part is all wrong, but the head on that is something like what I could see them doing. Sure there'll be some tempered/real-world version of the fishbowl, they didn't skimp on the furry-collar and general vulture aesthetic for Vulture.

This is Daft Punk, isn’t it? It’d be a cool take on the helmet. Even put the Ultimate Mysterio head inside that sort of helmet and it’d look great too.
dl0xs94w129z.jpg

Awwww... I wanted Kraven the Hunter for the S2 sequel :(

That being said I like Mysterio & if he's done well, the way Vulture was he could be a very visually pleasing villain. I want proper old school traditional costume, big ass magicians/royalty type cloak with an obnoxiously tall collar :up:

Yay what a pleasant surprise! I love Mysterio. He’s definitely a bold choice! I hope he plays with Peter’s mind.

I always loved the stories where there was another Spider-Man out there causing trouble. Hopefully they can recreate this

I wanted to drop MCU after the end of phase 3, what a way to keep me attached for a while longer.
All the positive reception for this character is awesome.

Why were you going to drop it?

qQO55sO.jpg

I would love something like this :up:

But I agree with Mysterio and grounding him. Mysterio is not a character who needs grounded. He needs embraced. He's an illusionist and a fantastical character. If you ground him, then you're kind of missing the point of the character. He is theatrical and all about presentation!

fantastic news even though were long overdue for a new Norman Osbourne
it's time already but Jake being a villain BRING THAT ON

fantastic news even though were long overdue for a new Norman Osbourne
it's time already but Jake being a villain BRING THAT ON

Norman Osborn was in TASM2 :huh:

This is probably my favorite Spidey/Mysterio moment. Mysterio messes with him hard and straight up defeats him. Hopefully they put something like this in the movie

SpideyM2.jpg
SpideyM3.jpg
SpideyM4.jpg
SpideyM5.jpg
SpideyM6.jpg
SpideyM8.jpg
SpideyM9.jpg
Spidey_M10.jpg

I just hope the costume design would more exciting than what Shocker and Culture looked like in the film, especially Shocker.

But they were fitting. Working class guys turned low level criminals. They are hardly going to have proper costumes, were they?

I just hope the costume design would more exciting than what Shocker and Culture looked like in the film, especially Shocker.

The villains in Homecoming were making their tech based on scraps left over from other battles. They were more concerned with efficiency over style. Mysterio is the opposite. He is theatrical and all about appearances. He will look more impressive in that regard.

But that said, the villains in Homecoming had amazing costumes that fit their motifs :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"