DC Universe Streaming Service

I wonder why Harley is debuting last. It was one of the first things announced by DCU.

And - this needs to be reiterated - drop entire seasons at once. Doing otherwise is honestly just stupid IMO.

Naw, it's a good business decision for streaming services that are new without a lot of content, they're basically following Hulu's model. Especially since a lot of people would use the trial for a day, binge Titans in that timeframe and cancel right after.

I wonder why Harley is debuting last. It was one of the first things announced by DCU.

Probably were waiting on Margot to give them an answer

That’s a fair point, but for people like me, who are already on the fence about subscribing to yet another service, having to wait weeks or months to get through an entire season when the competition (specifically Netflix) drops all their content at once...it’s not a good look. It’s yet another thing that makes this just not worth the time.

DonzoQ6U0AEiWgi.jpg

I've been watching Lois and Clark on DCU and i'm absolutely blown away by Cain's performance. Brilliant Superman. This show is great! Makes me wish I hadn't overlooked it in the past.

I've been watching Lois and Clark on DCU and i'm absolutely blown away by Cain's performance. Brilliant Superman. This show is great! Makes me wish I hadn't overlooked it in the past.
I'm surprised this is your first time seeing it! While I felt Cain didn't have the right voice for Supes so I often found it hard to buy him in that side of the role (which of course wasn't helped by the early 90's tv-level effects), his Clark remains my absolute fave, and his chemistry and dynamic with Teri Hatcher was amazing. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :up:

I've only had an opportunity to watch a little bit, but Doom Patrol is high quality stuff. Mature, well acted and written. I'm very impressed. Better than Titans within the first twenty minutes, and that's coming from a huge Titans fan. This bodes well for the rest of the DCU streaming service shows.

I subscribed to DC Universe for about a couple of weeks just to watch Young Justice Season 3.

How much content is on there on the app now? (we don’t get it here yet)

I'm one of the people who the DCU service was made for. I pretty much use this every day, either reading a comic on my break, watching a cartoon on my lunch hour. I understand people want brand new material but there seriously is a lot to choose from and a lot to chew on. If you're even remotely a DC fan for a comic book fan you'll find a lot to like.

I subscribed for Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing but I’m eager to watch Green Lantern The Animated Series, and to revisit some episodes of Batman The Animated Series.

I subscribed for Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing but I’m eager to watch Green Lantern The Animated Series, and to revisit some episodes of Batman The Animated Series.
Aw man, for a minute there I interpreted your post to mean they were reviving Green Lantern TAS and got super pumped. :(

I'm one of the people who the DCU service was made for. I pretty much use this every day, either reading a comic on my break, watching a cartoon on my lunch hour. I understand people want brand new material but there seriously is a lot to choose from and a lot to chew on. If you're even remotely a DC fan for a comic book fan you'll find a lot to like.
How many comics have they got on there?

Aw man, for a minute there I interpreted your post to mean they were reviving Green Lantern TAS and got super pumped. :(
Haha, sorry about that. But you never know. If more subscribers come their way, maybe DC will do it. I’ve never seen it but I’m excited

Haha, sorry about that. But you never know. If more subscribers come their way, maybe DC will do it. I’ve never seen it but I’m excited
I did read somewhere that it was the most-requested show on the service when it first launched, so I have hope!

And happy watching! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :up:

How many comics have they got on there?
Iceman, a lot! And it seems like they add on every week or so. Pretty much every major hero is covered. I'm reading old JLA right now, gonna go through Batman and the Outsiders when I'm done. Endless amounts.

Iceman, a lot! And it seems like they add on every week or so. Pretty much every major hero is covered. I'm reading old JLA right now, gonna go through Batman and the Outsiders when I'm done. Endless amounts.
Oh great! Can’t wait for this app to be available here.

UGH, Ive been waiting 4 this app to be available in my country since day 1

Is there any word yet on when it might release outside of the US?

Is there any word yet on when it might release outside of the US?

I don’t think it will be for a while, they’re still working out the bugs and it sound like it’s going to become a part of the WB streaming service. So I think we’re looking at 1-2 years until it comes out outside the US. I think too with them making deals with Netflix for Titans and probably Doom Patrol that they’re probably not in a rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"