DC Universe Streaming Service

Will you be able to download the DC Universe app on PS4? It's pretty cool so far.

Got it on my phone, just waiting for it to come to PS4. Looks decent, plenty of toons to watch. Would've been super cool if they would include the little 67' Aquaman & Teen Titans animated series.
Yeah, I was looking for the older Captain Marvel and Plastic Man stuff to no avail. May initially be a rights issue. idk. I did enjoy going down the Challenge of the Superfriends rabbit hole though.
Will you be able to download the DC Universe app on PS4? It's pretty cool so far.
They've mentioned working on increasing available platforms like gaming consoles, but them not being available at launch.

I’m enjoying this service but come on. If all you have to offer is DC stuff, then you put it all out there. There’s a LOT of stuff missing from this service, and it’s a bit disappointing. As it stands, it can’t compete at all with any of the bigger streaming services and I doubt DCU’s staying power unless it can step the F*** up with its content

Oh and that's Kaley Cuoco as Harley

Last edited:
I'm surprised by lack of interest in DC Universe here. You have got Live action Original series like Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Stargirl and animated Young Justice Invasion, Harley Quinn. Plus many older shows. Map -

DorMqYBVAAAuTa6.jpg

Doom Patrol has great cast, Matt Bomer as larry Trainor (Negative Man), Branden Fraser as Cliff ( Robot Man), April Bowlby as Rita farr (Elasti Girl) and Timothy Dalton as Prof. Niles Clauder. Plus it as Alan Tudyk playing villain (Mr. Nobody) and Diane Guerrero as Crazy Jane.

I'm super interested. I just have no interest in really using it on my phone or computer aside from the comics. I want it on my TV

Well, viewers outside US can see it on Netflix (like I'm.). For viewers in US, I think you have to use DC Universe app and signup for the service. I think the first two months are free and after that it is

The service costs $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year, comparable to Hulu's limited commercials plan and Netflix's basic plan, but cheaper than the likes of HBO Now or Showtime Anytime. Whether you think the price is worth the cost is probably dependent on what you'll be using the service for and how many other digital subscription services you're shelling out for already;
DC Universe Review: Subscription Service Has Potential But Doesn't Soar - IGN

Also, they will air two new episodes per week for their shows (Titans)

Doom Patrol does sound really cool. Titans though... ugh...

Doom Patrol has great cast, Matt Bomer as larry Trainor (Negative Man), Branden Fraser as Cliff ( Robot Man), April Bowlby as Rita farr (Elasti Girl) and Timothy Dalton as Prof. Niles Clauder. Plus it as Alan Tudyk playing villain (Mr. Nobody) and Diane Guerrero as Crazy Jane.
I think the problem is that they launched it, with an extremely selection of stuff to use with it. I did the pre-order and got the 3 free months, but the 1st month of the service has been underwhelming. Maybe once some of these original shows start launching I'll be more impressed, but so far I am underwhelmed.

I think the problem is that they launched it, with an extremely selection of stuff to use with it. I did the pre-order and got the 3 free months, but the 1st month of the service has been underwhelming. Maybe once some of these original shows start launching I'll be more impressed, but so far I am underwhelmed.
Hope they improve it, I saw someone on reddit say that more comics will be added to the comics library soon. And as you said, once the new shows start more people will get interested.

Also, some shows like Krypton (which right now is shown on SyFy network) are going to be available soon. Next episodes of Krypton will feature Doomsday and Lobo !

I want to sign up for this but this needs to be on PS4, thats what I use for all my streaming.

Yeah I’m waiting for a PS4 version before I do a trial. The main draw for me is honestly just reading comics on my big screen tv lol.

GOOD Lineup(so far) Not a fan of the wait and even longer wait for Harley Quinn
unless they start dropping entire seasons at once with their original shows and not do one or two new episodes a week
They will always be a #2 to other streaming services
I mean even Amazon Prime doesn't do that and the only good shows they have are Jack Ryan and Man in the high castle

I mean even Amazon Prime doesn't do that and the only good shows they have are Jack Ryan and Man in the high castle
How dare you, The Tick is perfect and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel just pretty much swept the Emmy comedy categories this year! :argh:

But yeah, part of the appeal of Netflix and Amazon is The Binge - dropping whole seasons at once. Or at least half seasons. I fully support the argument that this service should do that.

I'm surprised by lack of interest in DC Universe here. You have got Live action Original series like Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, Stargirl and animated Young Justice Invasion, Harley Quinn. Plus many older shows. Map -

DorMqYBVAAAuTa6.jpg
So it appears that they will break up YJ into 2 airings? Probably 13/13?

DorMqYBVAAAuTa6.jpg
To be honest, I think interest in the service would be higher if their debut original show didn't look like such a dud. Like, we only have one image from that new Star Wars show, and yet it already looks (and sounds, based on the talent involved) like it will be of much higher quality, so my interest in that Disney service has gone up. Obviously, Disney's got the deep pockets, but WB aren't slouches either - they just pinch pennies when it comes to DC TV/animation, and it shows.

Last edited:
Obviously, Disney LucasFilm's got the deep pockets, but WB aren't slouches either - they just pinch pennies when it comes to DC TV/animation, and it shows.
ftfy {that new Star Wars cartoon notwithstanding}
Disney's got deep pockets and yet they still pinch pennies in the same respect.

ftfy {that new Star Wars cartoon notwithstanding}
Disney's got deep pockets and yet they still pinch pennies in the same respect.
You say that as if Lucasfilm's budgets don't go through their parent company. Disney's network shows pinch pennies for sure, but those are networks, so that makes sense - broadcast network profit margins through the old advertising/ratings business model are capped and dropping. But so far they're obviously going all out on this streaming service, and it shows: Marvel shows starring their movie stars, Pixar shows doing the same, big budget Star Wars stuff...if you think that's not Disney's doing, well, I don't know what to tell you.

You say that as if Lucasfilm's budgets don't go through their parent company. Disney's network shows pinch pennies for sure, but those are networks, so that makes sense - broadcast network profit margins through the old advertising/ratings business model are capped and dropping. But so far they're obviously going all out on this streaming service, and it shows: Marvel shows starring their movie stars, Pixar shows doing the same, big budget Star Wars stuff...if you think that's not Disney's doing, well, I don't know what to tell you.
I do include their shows on existing streaming platforms, though. Just like with the upcoming DCU shows, I have to obviously see to judge.
Not gonna fall into that again.

I do include their shows on existing streaming platforms, though. Just like with the upcoming DCU shows, I have to obviously see to judge.
Not gonna fall into that again with Disney.
Fair enough. But for the record, there's a difference between Marvel Television - the company responsible for the Netflix and network shows and headed up by Jeph Loeb and Ike Perlmutter with Marvel Entertainment - and the shows going on the streaming service. Disney has left Marvel Entertainment/Television to their own devices for the most part (and taken Marvel Studios from them in order to "free" Feige from Perlmutter in 2015), but Marvel Television will only be handling one of the shows on the streaming service, and it won't be the ones starring their movie characters.

But this is all beside my original point, which was that Disney is enticing subscribers with a big-budget Star Wars series from an A-list creative team to kick off their service, while WB/DC is using bargain basement tripe-looking content for their debut. Therefore the former seems to be much more serious about the streaming game and being a major player in it. If WB wants to drum up more interest, they need to throw actual money into this service.

Last edited:
And - this needs to be reiterated - drop entire seasons at once. Doing otherwise is honestly just stupid IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"