The Dark Knight Rises Janice Porter -- TDKR's new D.A.?

Anchor_Content

Civilian
Reaction score
With Harvey Dent's death and Batman's fall in the eyes of the public, TDKR's math seems relatively simple: Gotham will elect a new anti-Batman D.A. Dark Victory pits Janice Porter against Batman to some extent... and I think Nolan could take this to a new level by making her the anti-vigilante crusader.

What's more, Porter even falls in love with Dark Victory's Two-Face, and cooperates with him until he kills her. So while TDKR may lack Two-Face... what if, instead, Porter falls for/actively cooperates with Bane? It could fit in with the following theme: where Ra's tried to eliminate injustice, and Joker exploited it, what if Bane and the new D.A. seek to control it and "live with" corruption?

Those are my thoughts. What are yours? Do you think Janice Porter could fit into TDKR? If so, who would you like to see play her?

My pick: HILLARY DUFF.

KIDDING.

What about... Marion Cotillard? :awesome:

:trans:

If Janice Porter is in the film she would be played by some unknown or atleast not some big actress.

Personally, I don't want them to revisit the D.A.'s office like that. A better choice for a strong female role is Sarah Essen. I hope we see her busting both Gordon and Batman's chops, and going all Yindel on them.

Porter's good, but I just can't see her without Harvey? Maybe it could work out. But if her role is only to 'reopen' cases from the past, Sarah's teh much better choice in my opinion.

Scarlett Johansson and for a change dont have her die

Personally, I don't want them to revisit the D.A.'s office like that. A better choice for a strong female role is Sarah Essen. I hope we see her busting both Gordon and Batman's chops, and going all Yindel on them.

Porter's good, but I just can't see her without Harvey? Maybe it could work out. But if her role is only to 'reopen' cases from the past, Sarah's teh much better choice in my opinion.

I thought about Essen, too, but adding her without adding the affair with Gordon would seem even worse than Porter without Dent -- in my opinion. Porter just seems better placed as a potentially strong anti-Batman D.A.

My reasoning:
1. Porter would add a new female lead -- something that was lacking even with Rachel, and detract from Selina's one-woman show.
2. She would rather nicely fill the D.A. vacancy and serve as a lightning rod for anti-Batman fervor.
3. If she worked with Bane like she did Dent, she would fill the need for a new ideological response to Batman -- so that whereas Ra's believed in the eradication of crime and injustice, and the Joker believed that human beings are self-interested, maybe Bane and Porter believe that Batman threatens the only way to assure justice and order -- by recognizing self-interest and treating criminality as a legitimate way of life.

Sorry, that's a long post, but even if my reasoning falls flat, I see Porter serving a useful role in TDKR. :word:

:trans:

Last time I checked Scarlett Johansson wasn't even in the running.

What's wrong her? She's would be great as DA Porter.

Shes worked with Nolan before and would be great

I thought about Essen, too, but adding her without adding the affair with Gordon would seem even worse than Porter without Dent -- in my opinion. Porter just seems better placed as a potentially strong anti-Batman D.A.

My reasoning:
1. Porter would add a new female lead -- something that was lacking even with Rachel, and detract from Selina's one-woman show.
2. She would rather nicely fill the D.A. vacancy and serve as a lightning rod for anti-Batman fervor.
3. If she worked with Bane like she did Dent, she would fill the need for a new ideological response to Batman -- so that whereas Ra's believed in the eradication of crime and injustice, and the Joker believed that human beings are self-interested, maybe Bane and Porter believe that Batman threatens the only way to assure justice and order -- by recognizing self-interest and treating criminality as a legitimate way of life.

Interesting points! I can still see Sarah doing that if she's a by-the-book cop. One of the things I never liked about Porter was the way they corrupted her with Dent. It would've made for a much stronger story if she remained intractable about her ideals. She became too sympathetic, and it in turn made her just another corrupted official, like an antithesis to Dent. It could work well I suppose in the story, but I think Essen would make for a better character dynamic. And that Gordon-affair thing... it could be subtle. She could be his second wife instead of his mistress. But I guess there's already too much 'second love' going around on the script. :(

Last time I checked Scarlett Johansson wasn't even in the running.

What's wrong her? She's would be great as DA Porter.

Not really, I expect someone much older than her for Porter. Maybe Carrie-Anne Moss, if we absolutely must choose an actress who has worked with Nolan in the past.

Eh, I would honestly do my best to leave the courts out of this one. Like I said with the changing Batsuits, it would start to seem like a comedy routine.

"OOPS, we're gonna need another D.A!" wakka, wakka!

Ahahaa... Pete... you're right. It's actually worse than replacing the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher every year! And... did you just use Shakira's World Cup 2010 cheer-leading song as a punctuation point? :awesome:

Ahahaa... Pete... you're right. It's actually worse than replacing the Defense Against Dark Arts teacher every year! And... did you just use Shakira's World Cup 2010 cheer-leading song as a punctuation point? :awesome:

LOL what?

I was thinking...Fozzie Bear.

I'm not sure I agree. At least in Nolanverse, the office of the D.A./A.D.A. seems to be a major player in the battle against public officials on the take and in league with the mob. If Nolan wants to continue taking a "realistic" approach with his Batman trilogy, he would likely see a need to fill the void that appears once Dent dies.

That said, I see two things happening in TDKR:

1. Gordon will be seen as an ally of Batman, and temporarily suspended from his role as commissioner.
2. Someone -- I'm hoping Porter -- receives election as D.A. on the premise that she'll go after vigilantes and costumed criminals.

Again, maybe the D.A., again, hopefully Porter, will be in league with Bane with the flawed understanding that the two of them provide a "public service" by controlling crime and meting their own justice?

janet_street_porter.jpg

We have seent he whole DA thing already over two movies, like someone else said id rather see Essen than Porter.

What's the point of Janice if she isn't being boned by Two-Face?

LOL what?

I was thinking...Fozzie Bear.

Oh, okay haha. Works too :up:

I'm not sure I agree. At least in Nolanverse, the office of the D.A./A.D.A. seems to be a major player in the battle against public officials on the take and in league with the mob. If Nolan wants to continue taking a "realistic" approach with his Batman trilogy, he would likely see a need to fill the void that appears once Dent dies.

That said, I see two things happening in TDKR:

1. Gordon will be seen as an ally of Batman, and temporarily suspended from his role as commissioner.
2. Someone -- I'm hoping Porter -- receives election as D.A. on the premise that she'll go after vigilantes and costumed criminals.

Again, maybe the D.A., again, hopefully Porter, will be in league with Bane with the flawed understanding that the two of them provide a "public service" by controlling crime and meting their own justice?

You might be right there, I have to give this a little more thought though, before I fully support Porter over Essen.

"Look at that face, that's the face of Gotham's bright future!"

I got the Fozzie Bear reference, but here is a youtube clip that links the two.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YSrIFKsyfU&feature=related
Weird

Hehe, thanks for this B.

What's the point of Janice if she isn't being boned by Two-Face?

Y'know, I've been supporting Essen over this, so I might be on your side of the argument. But, the same can be said about Essen - what's the point if she isn't being boned by a married Jim Gordon?

I think Bane and Janice Porter would make excellent allies against Batman. Anyone?

But wouldn't Bane's affiliation with Janice Porter be contradictory to her stance? That is unless Bane's working for the GCPD.
I still wouldn't be surprised if Levitt was the new D.A.

How come nobody brings this up? Doesn't it make sense to have a D.A. hellbent on hunting down the Batman, making his and Gordon's lives alot harder and actually becoming somewhat a villain in the process? The ultimate b*tch she could be portrayed as but as sharp as a tack as well. We already know that Nolan(s) and Goyer drew from "The Long Halloween" and i'm pretty sure they have read "Dark Victory".

Well?

Janice Porter?

Yay or Nay?

Pardon me if I sound like a jerk... but this has been discussed several times in the casting thread and others, there's just no one that's created a special thread for it because it's pointless and is just going to get locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"