The Dark Knight Rises Janice Porter -- TDKR's new D.A.?

Cotillard could actually be playing her, i was thinking of a new D.A just the other day..i mean it would make sense since both rachel and dent are dead

Cotillard could actually be playing her, i was thinking of a new D.A just the other day..i mean it would make sense since both rachel and dent are dead

Yep. And it follows the pattern.

In Long Halloween/Dark Victory, she was ushered in quickly to replace Dent.

And we all know Nolan loves Long Halloween.

Makes total sense.

Yep. And it follows the pattern.

In Long Halloween/Dark Victory, she was ushered in quickly to replace Dent.

And we all know Nolan loves Long Halloween.

Makes total sense.

it does make pefect sense.......Gotham has no D.A at the moment...so i'm guessing this probably dismisses the Talia and LOS rumors if you actually take the time to think about it

it does make pefect sense.......Gotham has no D.A at the moment...so i'm guessing this probably dismisses the Talia and LOS rumors if you actually take the time to think about it

I dismissed those the second after I heard them good sir.

Pardon me if I sound like a jerk... but this has been discussed several times in the casting thread and others, there's just no one that's created a special thread for it because it's pointless and is just going to get locked.

how is it any more pointless than any other character?

Well if u notice... all the other characters that had their own threads that have not been confirmed for the movie have been closed. Or at least been mentioned in somewhat concrete rumors. Idk... I just don't see the point in every single character that ppl want in the film to have their own thread when there's a casting and discussion thread.

It also fits in with the whole cops out to get Batman thing. Because if memory serves she was very adamant about catching him. I may have to read Dark Victory again.... ugg. I hate the way they portray Joker in Dark Victory, when hes not getting bossed around by Two-Face hes getting his butt kicked by...WTF Robin??? No thank you.

It also fits in with the whole cops out to get Batman thing. Because if memory serves she was very adamant about catching him. I may have to read Dark Victory again.... ugg. I hate the way they portray Joker in Dark Victory, when hes not getting bossed around by Two-Face hes getting his butt kicked by...WTF Robin??? No thank you.

She didn't hesitate in making it clear that she pretty much hated Batman.

Hated what he does, what he's done, and who he is.

She really needs to be the one who leads the hunt for Batman in TDKR. Since we all know Gordon probably won't be trying THAT hard to catch him.

This makes a lot more sense to me than a return by the LOS. An anti-Batman D.A., with the police playing a larger role as the villain is what I envisioned in this film after the way TDK ended...but I guess I won't be surprised if Nolan brings back the LOS, but it seems a bit crowded with them, Bane, Talia, Catwoman, and being hunted by the police?!

I was at first indifferent to the idea of Porter, but the way things were left in TDK it would make much sense to include her.

hope so.talia is the worst possible character to include when bane is already cast.it would ruin him for the second consecutive adaption of the franchise

How would Janice Porter being in the movie discount the Talia and LOS rumors?

Marion can't be Sarah Essen or Janice. Nolan actively gunned for her, even as she was pregnant, this tells me her role is something very specific.

She really needs to be the one who leads the hunt for Batman in TDKR. Since we all know Gordon probably won't be trying THAT hard to catch him.

May seem like a random question, but the animated series episode where some DA has to defend Batman in Arkham.... was that her also or did they just create a new character. I have never thought about it before ill have to look into that.

May seem like a random question, but the animated series episode where some DA has to defend Batman in Arkham.... was that her also or did they just create a new character. I have never thought about it before ill have to look into that.

No that wasn't her.

The episode your referring to was ''Trial'' (Aired May 16, 1994) and the character was named Janet Van Dorn (voiced by Stephanie Zimbalist).

How would Janice Porter being in the movie discount the Talia and LOS rumors?

because her being in this movie would lead the man hunt for batmans capture which seems to be what will happend in TDKR, her hate for batman could possibly play a big role since she would be the new D.A....and whether we like it or not, the vacant spot of the D.A is a loose end and one that would make sense considering the way how the 2nd film ended so if janice proter is in this film it makes a Talia and LOS appearance not needed at all. This wouldnt be a clan of ninjas led by some female to hunt batman..this would be an enitre city that is looking to collect the bounty placed on batmans head.

No that wasn't her.

The episode your referring to was ''Trial'' (Aired May 16, 1994) and the character was named Janet Van Dorn (voiced by Stephanie Zimbalist).

any relation to efrem? if so,thats nepotism :woot:

talia is the worst possible character to include when bane is already cast.it would ruin him for the second consecutive adaption of the franchise

Awesome. So you've read the script?

because her being in this movie would lead the man hunt for batmans capture which seems to be what will happend in TDKR, her hate for batman could possibly play a big role since she would be the new D.A....and whether we like it or not, the vacant spot of the D.A is a loose end and one that would make sense considering the way how the 2nd film ended so if janice proter is in this film it makes a Talia and LOS appearance not needed at all. This wouldnt be a clan of ninjas led by some female to hunt batman..this would be an enitre city that is looking to collect the bounty placed on batmans head.

Or her role could be as big as that of Finch from BB, which wouldn't preclude Talia and the LOS at all. It's conceivable that the Gotham PD and the LOS could both be looking for Batman, which would make for a hell of a challenge for Batman.

Or her role could be as big as that of Finch from BB, which wouldn't preclude Talia and the LOS at all. It's conceivable that the Gotham PD and the LOS could both be looking for Batman, which would make for a hell of a challenge for Batman.
if shes leading a manhunt for batman then i doubt her role is that of finch from BB

This would be a great idea.

Porter should be written like Nancy Grace:oldrazz:

Even if Marion Cotillard is Talia for some idiotic reason, having Janice Porter in this film is a good idea.

She hates Batman
There's no DA right now
The cops are after Batman

it just fits

Even if Marion Cotillard is Talia for some idiotic reason, having Janice Porter in this film is a good idea.

She hates Batman
There's no DA right now
The cops are after Batman

it just fits

I agree completley. This film needs an antagonist from the law enforcment side of things and I think Janice Porter would be a great fit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"