The Giver

I think this art is more reflective of what people imagined while reading the book...

http://picturebookreport.com/category/the-giver/

This comment made me laugh...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/03/19/the-giver-trailer-more-ya-dystopia-now-with-added-meryl-streep/

This is like one of those fan trailers that uses clever editing to make one type of movie look like another-- Mrs. Doubtfire is a horror movie! The Shining is an uplifting dramedy! The Giver is a suspenseful sci-fi action epic!

The weird thing about the Weinsteins is that if it's a genre-mainstream film, or a animated feature, they tend to half ash it, unlike their Oscar driven films. It's a weird company.

Bridges himself is responsible for getting the film made. He tried for years. When he originally bought the rights, his intention was for his father to play The Giver.

As much as he loved the book, its a shame to see the film miss a lot of the point of it right out of the gate.

That does suck, the hope is always when the rights are bought by a fan, the material will be developed faithfully to a large degree.

I'm sure they probably didn't want the film to be in black and white because 'middle America won't get it'.

Looks like that remake of The Prisoner with Ian McKellen and Jim Caveisel got knocked up by The Host

Ummmmmm..... Pleasantville???

But that was nearly 15 years ago. Different times in an always changing Hollywood. Plus, it was a smaller film. Here it's clear what Weinsteins wanted this movie to be: their own YA hit, cashing in on The Hunger Games craze DESPITE the book being nearly 20 years old.

I've never read the book, but I dug the trailer. I stumbled onto this one online that was also really cool

[YT]xapg3sd6SfY&[/YT]

You forgot one little detail. The film WILL be shot in BLACK AND WHITE after all, for a small portion.

Makes me wonder why they didn't market that fact from the start.

Speculation: The backlash made the studio make the change.

Apparently folks have gone through and none of the footage that's in the new black and white footage was previously seen in color.

Are you sure?

3SvhR0j.jpg

Maybe it's black and white until that moment they touch each other.

And yes, I know how my statement sounds...

But in the original teaser, I swore there are a bunch of scenes that imply that they take place before this 'colorization' moment.

Um...I don't see much of what this movie has to do with The Giver.

They say he's a Giver, then that's what he is!!! :p

Definitely a better trailer. It reveals a lot though.

All these films after the hunger game just look like well the hunger game. You have that other one with that girl don't remember what its called and then you had enders game and now this. I have never read the book but it gives of Hunger games vibe.

All these films after the hunger game just look like well the hunger game. You have that other one with that girl don't remember what its called and then you had enders game and now this. I have never read the book but it gives of Hunger games vibe.

This book was out way before the Hunger Games. It is a shame that some will perceive it being a copycat or "like" the Hunger Games when it is really the other way around.

This book was out way before the Hunger Games. It is a shame that some will perceive it being a copycat or "like" the Hunger Games when it is really the other way around.

I wasn't aware I merely commented on what it looked like to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"