Days of Future Past Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique: Oscar Winner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked how she had a crush on beast and was so impressed with his technological skills. I feel as if he had a role in her computer / tech interest which turned to more as seen in the first two movies.

( knows cerebro, flies helicopters, William strykers computer hacking, strykers base computers, etc)

I never really thought of this, and it makes perfect sense.

I liked how she had a crush on beast and was so impressed with his technological skills. I feel as if he had a role in her computer / tech interest which turned to more as seen in the first two movies.

( knows cerebro, flies helicopters, William strykers computer hacking, strykers base computers, etc)

That makes some sense, yes.

Clearly, a lot happened to her (and the others) over the following three or four decades.

In her case, she became super-agile, more cold-blooded, had a child who was abandoned, and became a technology expert...

It gives plenty of scope for the next film(s) in this series.

That makes some sense, yes.

Clearly, a lot happened to her (and the others) over the following three or four decades.

In her case, she became super-agile, more cold-blooded, had a child who was abandoned, and became a technology expert...

It gives plenty of scope for the next film(s) in this series.
Exactly. It's strange to me that some people want all the answers now.

It seemed pretty apparent through the film that the friendship between Xavier and Raven is a tiny bit strained because they are different. She has to hide, he doesn't. He cares, but he doesn't really understand.

As she grows up, and becomes a teenager obsessed with appearance and sexuality and feeling attractive and feeling wanted and fitting in, the gap between them grows wider.

Magneto encourages her to be true to herself, with the scene where she is giving blood, with the scene with the weight-lifting bar and with the bedroom scene she has with Erik. She decided to be 'free' and, seeing how humans turn on them, she makes her choice to side with Erik and not stay with Charles.

It was done in a heartbreaking manner, not a callous one. It was a touching moment. At the time she and Magneto and the others left, they didn't know Charles was paralysed, just that he was injured. And he encouraged her to go with Magneto, he told her it was what she should do.

I'm not sure why you are seeing things that aren't there and not seeing the things that are there!

Exactly, not to mention the scene just after the one in the bed-room with Erik were Charles displays disgust and anger at her 'coming out' so to speak, telling to put clothes on and generally talking to her like she was a child.

^Still I think Mystique is gonna become suspicious of Magneto's "tigers don't wear clothes" argument when she sees her brotherhood friend Azazel still wearing tuxedos everywhere he goes.

Bravo to Magneto for talking her into going nude for the rest of time

Exactly, not to mention the scene just after the one in the bed-room with Erik were Charles displays disgust and anger at her 'coming out' so to speak, telling to put clothes on and generally talking to her like she was a child.
I guess you would be okay if your sister suddenly appeared in front of you with no clothes on, then.
He was not disgusted by her appearence, just shocked. And Raven used to be around him in her natural form, as seen in one of the first scenes. Never naked, though.

Charles treating her like a kid is quite common among big brothers. Is it annoying? Yes, but it was just that he cared about her; he knew he was the only family Raven had ever had and felt responsible for her.

^I agree, he saw his naked sister, he wasn't telling her "you are an ugly mutant and I don't accept you", he was just reacting to seeing his sister NAKED and IN THE KITCHEN. He wasn't even being overprotective in this instance (as he was with the soda thing) he can read minds and there was a recently released from jail teenager around, it's just common sense.

Speaking of that, Azazel is still alive :cwink:
I wonder what that would mean for the Erik-Raven relationship, though.

^Still I think Mystique is gonna become suspicious of Magneto's "tigers don't wear clothes" argument when she sees her brotherhood friend Azazel still wearing tuxedos everywhere he goes.

Haha. Wouldn't that be a pretty sight. All the nasty bits waving in front of you before 'porting away!

To be fair, Azazel was 'moulded' by Shaw's influence where Mystique is Erik's 'first student', so to speak.

I was surprised at how they portrayed Mystique. Going by the original trilogy, I would never have guessed that Xavier and Mystique were so close. But then I was thinking:

what if Xavier mind wipes Mystique down the line like he mind wiped Moira? I mean what if something so horrific happens that Xavier has no choice but to wipe her mind for her own sake? It would also explain what was the non event when mother and son met each other in X2.

I could maybe see something like that working, if it’s about...
...Baby Nightcrawler... (if like in the comics, she for whatever reason has to abandon him, for his own safety) then maybe she even goes to Xavier herself to ask him to wipe it from her memory, both because she can't live with what she’s done, and for his own safety (so, not even she knows what happen to him, or where he is) hence her not recognizing him in X2

Speaking of that, Azazel is still alive :cwink:
I wonder what that would mean for the Erik-Raven relationship, though.

Platonic. Erik will have relationship with Emma. She falls for Azazel. Azazel left. Raven and Erik have a fling. He kills Azazel. She abandons her baby. Emma left and join X-men !

[/B]
I could maybe see something like that working, if it’s about...
...Baby Nightcrawler... (if like in the comics, she for whatever reason has to abandon him, for his own safety) then maybe she even goes to Xavier herself to ask him to wipe it from her memory, both because she can't live with what she’s done, and for his own safety (so, not even she knows what happen to him, or where he is) hence her not recognizing him in X2

Why would she need
Xavier when she has Emma to wipe her mind?

Yeah I don't get it

Just because you look different, it doesn't mean you have to be naked like all the time.

Yeah I don't get it

Just because you look different, it doesn't mean you have to be naked like all the time.

I think it was more about freedom of choice, self-acceptance and not being ashamed than about being stark naked. Clearly, she later chooses to be totally naked in the original trilogy.

the whole being naked thing is more unique to her... mainly because she has scales that already cover her, like natural clothing
(so, it's not a matter of him thinking all mutants should be walking around nude) other wise for that matter why wouldn't he himself go nude

in the original movies, the way they displayed how her powers worked, it made since for her to be naked, so, she could do full body morphs with out restrictions, whenever she wanted (or at least that how I always saw it)

but, in this movie, she seemed to be able to morph over cloth, so, I don't know how that works exactly...?

Why would she need
Xavier when she has Emma to wipe her mind?

maybe its too personal to go to her with, and that she only
trust her old friend to do it...

maybe her reasons for abandoning him in the first place had something to do with the brotherhood, and she does want them (especially, Magneto) to know about it, and she doesn't trust that Emma wont say something
or maybe, its just later on, after Emma already left the brotherhood (obviously, she’s not around in the original movies, so, she must leave the group at some point)
BTW: [BLACKOUT]why are we still talking in spoilers lol[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
The ridiculous power is with Emma being able to change to same Diamond form even with different clothes and hairstyle.

Why would you expect that?

A choice to be herself doesn't have to lead to 'blind hatred' and a desire to kill him.

That's a bizarre and totally illogical train of thought.

She never interacts with Charles at all in the original trilogy. The only action against him is to disable Cerebro which leads to him being incapacitated.

Sorry, I think I quoted the wrong post, I thought I was quoting a post which suggests that Mystique and Azazel become lovers, and somewhere down the line Charles kills him. :o

Nope, I didnt miss that. She was not limping after that. Ive seen the movie 5 times, she is definitely limping right before the choose Eric/Charles scene.
Well, I've seen the movie six times and after the plane crashes you never see her walking at any time until that point in the movie.

You see her step here and there while inside the jet, but that's it. Not enough to tell that she was limping.

The ridiculous power is with Emma being able to change to same Diamond form even with different clothes and hairstyle.

When I saw the trailer the first time I wasn't happy with the effect, but damn it if the Diamond form isn't one of the greatest effects in this movie (both when she transform into and out of), I know this is the Mystique Thread, but the diamond effect looked great each and every time.

When I saw the trailer the first time I wasn't happy with the effect, but damn it if the Diamond form isn't one of the greatest effects in this movie (both when she transform into and out of), I know this is the Mystique Thread, but the diamond effect looked great each and every time.

I guess most of her scenes were entirely CG, so it is more difficult to have a Diamond effect with clothes on.

I guess most of her scenes were entirely CG, so it is more difficult to have a Diamond effect with clothes on.

Even if it was difficult and that's the real reason they couldn't do it on time, you gotta appreciate the fact that they did a layer of diamond that goes under her clothes and then the other one that goes above it, so you kinda get an explanation of her power, but if you look at Darwin his power is all over the place, and transforms not only himself but his clothes, that is the one power that should be given a long hard look.

I just wanna say that sometimes you love people, but you have different views as them. Siding with someone else doesn't mean you hate them or despise them. You simply choose a different path to follow. The end of this movie did not imply Mystique would punch Xavier the next time she saw him. Heck, it doesn't even imply Magneto and Xavier become adversaries. They simply go different ways. They could still be friends, just working in different teams. Who knows.

Mystique didn't know Xavier was paralyzed. In fact, she sided with him. But he knew her views on the mutant aspect matched Magneto's more, and not his. So he urged her to choose the path she agreed with, instead of staying just for the sake of friendship. It doesn't mean she liked Charles less than Erik. It just means she believes in Magneto's point of view more than Charles'. Which is completely made clear throughout the movie.

How many times did Mystique say "mutant and proud" in this film? Maybe it wasn't that many times, but it was getting on my nerves a bit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"