Jessica Jones General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Jessica Jones' started by Panther X, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amazingfantasy15

amazingfantasy15 Registered

Well considering Luke Cage is going to be on this show, it stands to reason Jessica will be in his show as well.

I'm really looking forward to the series, it has to be so different tonally than most comic stuff because she's completely stopped using powers. The episode where she explains why that is going to be incredible and it's gotta be in there since they've cast the Purple Man.

2. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

I'm pretty confident Jessica Jones, Cage, and Ironfist shows will all merge one day into a heroes for hire show

3. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Excited for this.

4. Norek

Norek Yvonne Strahotski <3

Instead of having Jessica, I prefer seeing Danny Rand in this, much like how Luke is a part of JJ. It will be a nice touch to setup the last show before The Defenders.

5. Superhero 101

Starting to get excited for this show!! Can't wait to see Cage!

6. Best

Best Side-Kicker

I see that happening for the second wave of shows to make room for other properties (Punisher, Moon Knight, etc.). Only problem is it might take away from the novelty of a potential second season of Defenders, at least assuming it'll be the same lineup (it'd basically be [just] Daredevil +HFH).

Then again I don't think anyone will care.

7. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I think it depends a lot on how well the shows do and how much creative juices each producer feels they still have. Don't forget, if they merge, that means two production crews are essentially getting laid off (plus, it does detract from the individual value of each show if they're combined).

That being said, I agree completely that space is needed: Daughters of the Dragon, Punisher, and Moon Knight all seem very likely and very viable. Elektra's a possibility too.

8. Blind_Lawyer

Blind_Lawyer Full Blown Murdock

Ohh...I would really enjoy seeing a Daughters of the Dragon show if it were done right.

9. Speed Force

Speed Force Hope, help and compassion

When do you think we'll get a trailer? I mean the show premiers in almost two months.

10. guy66657

guy66657 Registered

Well, we did get a trailer for Daredevil like, a month or so before the show aired. That's usually how Netflix releases their trailers anyway, like a month or so before it airs.

11. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I think DD was actually slightly earlier, but it was a surprise since that's not usually how Netflix does it. I'm thinking mid-October at the earliest, though.

12. Filmfreak

Filmfreak Registered

If they release two more trailers like they did with DD, I'm guessing early October for the first and early November for the second. Unless they count this first teaser as an actual trailer and we only get to see one more so mid October is indeed more likely.

13. SirStrangefolk

SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

Isn't it coming to NYCC in October?

14. Mister J

Mister J Whatever It Takes

Those pics from yesterday got me all giddy. Even more excited for this now.

15. Slick

Slick Yup

Yes it is.

16. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Does Marvel even have a panel at NYCC

17. Blind_Lawyer

Blind_Lawyer Full Blown Murdock

I would hope so considering they are based in NYC.

18. Fincher

Fincher Inner Circle

If all three shows are hits, it wouldn't make too much business sense to merge them in order to make room for shows that might or might not fare as well. Marvel might like the idea of getting use out of those other properties, but I would guess that they (and their Disney overlords) like making money hand over fist more.

If all three shows are "ratings" disasters, they probably won't be brought back at all, aside from the characters making appearances in Defenders/other characters' shows.

If, say, Jessica Jones was a hit and the other two underperformed, it would make total sense for Luke Cage to end up on Jessica Jones, and they could bring in Iron Fist and introduce the Heroes for Hire concept, but why change the show's name or the focus on her as lead if Jessica Jones is the moneymaker?

Now if the ratings for all of them are okay but nothing special, then I could see merging them in the hopes of drawing the audiences of all three to make one hit show.

19. liesse00

liesse00 The Winter Soldier

AOS, Agent Carter, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones all have panels at NYCC

20. SoNicRaDiATioN

SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

If all three shows are at, or close to DD quality, I'd bet they all do better "ratings" then the multiple season House of Cards. Especially Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Jessica Jones is the intriguing one for me.

21. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Merge Power Man and Iron Fist like in the comics. On their own they might be moderate hits or less successful. Together they have a better dynamic and concept.

22. Lamashtar

Lamashtar Registered

I support this because I used to collect Power Man and Iron Fist together. I miss them. One season would be nice. :drl:

23. Ant

Ant Maaaaan

I wish this was out already...at least I've got AoS to tie me over.

24. kedrell

kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

A lot of people, myself included, think that's what LC and IF's 2nd season is going to be rather than 2 continuing separate shows. I can see their 1st seasons being separate(and indeed we know for a fact this is how it'll be) but after that I think 2 individual shows is basically wasteful. The vast majority of their best stuff(from what I'm told since I never read their comics) is when they were H4H anyway so that would be the logical next step for them after their introductory 1st seasons.

25. pixen

pixen Registered

I'd like to see Jessica Jones get a second solo season as it'd be kind of sad to see Marvel's first female lead superhero series/second Marvel female led series get merged with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. I'm sure the tone will be different between the 3 of the shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.