JLA: Batman, Superman imperiled?

wick

Civilian
Reaction score
With the recent announcement of a JLA movie, batman and superman movies could be impacted. Bale has a contract for two more movies with WB (TDK will certainly be 1) and Routh is contracted for another, as is, unfortunately, Bryan Singer.
Bale has made statements against joining JLA. Routh not so much. Singer already has a second Superman movie in heavy pre-production. But the moneymen seem to want JLA. It's seen as a way to breakout characters for their own movies.
Given this, and all the other news, how do we fans feel about JLA?

If it happens, great, I don't care...but I hope Bale has NOTHING to do with it.

do we really need another thread about this subject (especially in the TDK spoilers)?

Read:

INTERVIEW: Is Christian Bale In or Out of WB’s Justice League?
Written by IESB Staff
Tuesday, 21 August 2007

Earlier this week, the IESB broke the news that the WB Justice League film is coming Summer of 2009 with a first quarter 2008 production start date. Questions arose about Christian Bale’s potential involvement as the Dark Knight.

Today during the 3:10 to Yuma press junket the question on everyone’s lips? Is Bale willing to put on the rubber suit once again for the upcoming JLA film?

Here’s the excerpt from an interview IESB’s Rachel Howard participated in and what Bale had to say:

Will Bale’s version of the Caped Crusader be part of Justice League of America? Bale says that he has not signed on to be part of the ensemble superhero pic.

Q: Are you doing Justice League after TDK?

Bale: No

IESB: Have you been approached for Justice League?

Bale: No

IESB: How would you feel about the studio recasting Batman for Justice League?

Bale: It’d be better if it doesn’t tread on the toes of what we’re doing, though I feel that it would be better if it comes out after Batman 3.

Can fans handle two Batmans on the big screen almost simultaneously? I honestly don’t know. Bale has really personified this character to the utmost…I can’t think of anyone else doing it justice after his portrayal.

Well, we’ll keep our bat-ears open and let you know as soon as we do!

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3109&Itemid=99

I like how in that interview he just said "No."

Well, blah blah blah?
-No.
Blah blah?
-No.
Blah blah blah blah JLA is lame?
-No.
But blah blah bl—
-No.
But—
-I SAID NO DAMMIT!!

Christian Bale cannot exist in two universes. Each comic-book character should exist in his own remote universe. Making Batman join forces with other superheroes only takes away the believeability of the universe that Nolan created in Batman Begins.

I hate the idea of Bale appearing in the Justice League movie.

the JLA should ideally be its own universes separate from other movie franchise
preferable an original cast, too
then all the characters can be set up as needed for the storyline, instead of having to work around the pre-existing stories

just saying

With the recent announcement of a JLA movie, batman and superman movies could be impacted. Bale has a contract for two more movies with WB (TDK will certainly be 1) and Routh is contracted for another, as is, unfortunately, Bryan Singer.
Bale has made statements against joining JLA.

no he didnt. he wants to join JLA-- numerous interviews has attested to this. but his current involvement with the Nolan movies is keeping him from doing it. its scheduling conflict plain and simple. if WB wants Bale on JLA he will be part of it-- they'll use the clause in his contract to make his 3rd Batman role be the JLA one, but they're deciding against using that leverage and instead will be recasting Batman for JLA.

either way, Bale is screwed.

That set of quotes is BS to me.

Didn't Bale already say he would like to be in a JLA movie eventually?

IESB is consistently full of crap to me.

After what they did for X-men 3, I've lost all respect for them.

IESB has their fair share of misses, but for the most part they've nailed it with genre projects like this one.

thats why i'm worried :(

That above quote is just BS to me.

And so is this project.

I hope it dies like Batman/Superman. Colin Farrell as Batman? **** that ****. Thank God we got Bale at least twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"