Joe Quesada thinks DC's comics are corporately Driven...

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Whereas Marvel's comics are Creatively driven.

Do you agree with this?

Well, I see what he THINKS he's talking about. At Marvel, the monkeys run the zoo. Complete creative license to do whatever the bad place they want. At DC, they USE their editors.

I prefer the latter.

Doc you're thinking about bendis aren't you.

No, Joey Q has stated numerous times that his writers have total creative license. Hence, no friggin continuity over there.

Not true with all their titles. Some of them have very good continuity. It's just some writers abuse their total creative license.

joe q. thinks he knows how to run a company...he doesnt....he needs to go back to the drawing board in more ways than one.

Quesada is so full of crap, its not even funny. He's basically insulting DC for actually having a sense of continuity in their goddamn books. I may tire of seeing OMACs in every goddamn title, but DC's trying to tell a story. The Writers are trying to tell a story...

Doc Destruction said:
Well, I see what he THINKS he's talking about. At Marvel, the monkeys run the zoo. Complete creative license to do whatever the bad place they want. At DC, they USE their editors.

I prefer the latter.
Monkeys running the zoo is a very accurate comparison IMO. :up:

even if DC comics were corporately driven....they're still handing marvel their ash every week.

Wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Who here remembers when Marvel made Annual crossovers during the summer and linked different comics into "families". Who was the biggest offender of the multiple variant covers thing? Who has about 3 or 4 different imprints for their comics? Who is licensing and merchandising the heck out of their movies, animated properties and the comics themselves? PLEASE!! C'mon, Quesada!:rolleyes:

Anyone who tells me it doesn't take creativity to intertwine all the ongoing events is touched in the head. DC has a section on their page called Crisis Counseling where you can keep track of the important facts WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY THE ALL THE FRIGGIN' COMICS. OMG!! Those corparate baztrdz, LOLZZZZ!!!!111 I don't see DC suing City of Heroes, have you?:rolleyes:

And noticed how his books are all designed to tie into their movie versions, or are pitches for movies(Black Panther comes to mind)

The man does know how to run a company. Everyone may say DC is totally quality, but somehow Marvel always manages to beat DC in the sales every month by at least 4%. So if DC is soooo much better than Marvel, I wonder how they do that.

Oh boy did you just pick at a scab for me....when Marvel sued COH I almost went into a hulk style rage.

jaydawg said:
The man does know how to run a company. Everyone may say DC is totally quality, but somehow Marvel always manages to beat DC in the sales every month by at least 4%. So if DC is soooo much better than Marvel, I wonder how they do that.

Have you been paying attention? DC just beat Marvel not too long ago.

May of THIS year:

DC led the Dollar Share category with 35.29% to Marvel’s 34.79% and the Unit Share category with 41.03% to Marvel’s 39.80%.

jaydawg said:

no he doesnt know how to run jack!!!! ( and its not him running the company, he only control the creative side, the suits run the company)

secondly, were all marvel junkies for the sake of it, if it wasnt for marvel's spiderman,hulk,daredevil,fantasic four, and avengers) you really think marvel would be ahead of the game by now? nope, didnt think so!!

The Batman said:
And noticed how his books are all designed to tie into their movie versions, or are pitches for movies(Black Panther comes to mind)

^I concur.Quesada is always surfing on the fashion.People think black, marvel thinks Black, People think white, then marvel thinks white.Marvel can't do that forever.
Actually I think it's the contrary : Marvel does drive the company corporately and DC creatively (and corporately as well of course).
Besides I think we're living a more Marvel era.Because of the Ultimate universe (only "good" idea of quesada, IMO) and because of the movies.
I want to add that in Wizard magazine and a lot others, the numbers are the numbers according to Diamond only!
That changes few things.

One month doesnt mean anything. And DC beat Marvel by 1%. LAST month was 42% and DC had 38%.

i dont think quesada has really done anything that much with the ultimate line toimpress me WOW four ultimate titles, big freakin whoop. out of all of them the ultimates is the only real comic i like UFF is getting better. but bendis really needs to chnage the teeny booper dialogue in USM. UXM just sucks IMO.

jaydawg said:
I heard of this thing called ''comic book puberty.'' I myself have gone through it.Basically,newer readers kinda flock to the Marvel side of comics,probably because of their movies.Then,as the years go on,they slowly go to DC.And,considering all the movies coming out,now there's tons of new readers.They probably start with Marvel because of their ultimate stuff,which is probably why USM is the second top selling book by Marvel right now.

So,just wait.Once people get enough of Marvel,it'll all turn in DC's favor :)

I just believe in giving credit where its due. Quesada maybe a complete jackass, no one is disputing that, but the man did turn Marvel around. Everyone hating Ultimates and Bendis now (because its "cool") was kissing his ash four years ago. Everyone was saying "Ultimates rock!" and this is such a breath of fresh air, a return to good stories. Cause before him, we had all kinds of crap, like Heroes Reborn. Then he came along and started the MK series. He brought over big name writers. And before everyone starts saying DC is sooo quality, I recall it was DC signing exclusives to every writer they could think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"