Joe Quesada thinks DC's comics are corporately Driven...

fifthfiend said:
Which, except for the reimagining of said characters wedded to an entirely different premise, would be totally true. Except well it has those things, so that's not true at all.

I mean no you might have a point, I mean honestly haven't there been enough comics reimagining the avengers as a government-founded and operated super team put to explicitly nationalistic and frequently questionably moral goals and yet written with an eye towards affirming a fundamentally patriotic point of view, staffed by a Thor who preaches a gospel of peace and may secretly a lunatic, a Captain America who's an unabashed knee-jerk reactionary, a Hank Pym who bashes Wanda's face in and then attacks her with a swarm of ants, putting her in the hospital, and a Bruce Banner who deliberately creates the Hulk in violation of federal law, ostensibly in pursuit of further project funding but in truth largely in service to his own wounded ego?

Oh wait no that's right, there's only been one comic like that. Oh well.

Banging your mom.

That was her typing by the way, she wanted you to know how good I was givin' it to her.
My computer seems to have eaten the post I had written, so I'll just say this. A book can be ripping off another story without being exactly the same thing. Doesn't matter who the specific characters are, or even what their specific, down-to-minutiae actions are. A book can still be a ripoff. And you are a ****ing idiot.

droogiedroogie2 said:
How can you be so childish? Is it deliberate?

Um.... yeah. But you know -

droogiedroogie2 said:
And you are a ****ing idiot.

- somehow I managed to make my point without out and calling anybody a "****ing idiot," so I don't know where you think you have any kind of business calling anybody else childish.

fifthfiend said:
You're right, JLA is totally lackluster right now.

Must be cause of what an unoriginal writer Brad Metzler is.
If you can't even say his name, I hesitate to believe you're actually reading him, or that you ever have. Which sort of revokes your license to criticize his writing.

Eros said:
Hell a pre-crisis superman could beat the christian,Jewish, and Islamic Gods and other gods of various religions.
Where...did that come from?

fifthfiend said:
Which, except for the reimagining of said characters wedded to an entirely different premise, would be totally true. Except well it has those things, so that's not true at all.

I mean no you might have a point, I mean honestly haven't there been enough comics reimagining the avengers as a government-founded and operated super team put to explicitly nationalistic and frequently questionably moral goals and yet written with an eye towards affirming a fundamentally patriotic point of view, staffed by a Thor who preaches a gospel of peace and may secretly a lunatic, a Captain America who's an unabashed knee-jerk reactionary, a Hank Pym who bashes Wanda's face in and then attacks her with a swarm of ants, putting her in the hospital, and a Bruce Banner who deliberately creates the Hulk in violation of federal law, ostensibly in pursuit of further project funding but in truth largely in service to his own wounded ego?

Oh wait no that's right, there's only been one comic like that. Oh well.
Right, so since it's not exactly the same book, it's totally different. It must be nice to live in a world of absolutes. The rest of us, however, can point to examples like the Captain Marvel (the real one, not the absurd Marvel one), Supreme, and that other guy that Wizard had a feature on a few issues back, who lasted like one issue before National sued him into the Stone Age. These are Superman analogs, characters that are in many ways copied from Superman, but aren't the exact same thing. Does that make them completely different? No. You're a ****ing idiot.

Hey, there's the post that got lost! Just jumped right back up there! Well, there you go, fifthfiend, that's what I was really going to say.

fifthfiend said:
Um.... yeah. But you know -

- somehow I managed to make my point without out and calling anybody a "****ing idiot," so I don't know where you think you have any kind of business calling anybody else childish.
What the hell kind of children do you know, that go around spewing the F-bomb?

droogiedroogie2 said:
Where...did that come from?

If superman can reverse time and move planets, then he can surely beat the crap out of the christian,Islamic,and Jewish gods with no sweat.

I don't know, I think the guy who created the universe in each of those religions could probably do the same and more. :confused:

TheCorpulent1 said:
I don't know, I think the guy who created the universe in each of those religions could probably do the same and more. :confused:

no pre-crisis superman would and could beat them all.

You know, technically the Jewish, Christian and Islamic God are the same being.

i think i posted on this, last year

Thanks for letting us know. I'll get right on tracking your inevitably piercing and insightful thoughts on the matter down now. :up:

Eros said:
If superman can reverse time and move planets, then he can surely beat the crap out of the christian,Islamic,and Jewish gods with no sweat.

The being who created planets and time, and the rules that dictate them, beat by someone who simply moves variables slightly in them? >.> I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"