Homecoming John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein ARE Sony & Marvel's 'Spider-Man' Writers

MyDudeSpidey

Marvel's
Reaction score
john-francis-daley-jonathan-goldstein.jpg

Vacation screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein are being set right now to write the Spider-Man reboot movie for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. The pair had been among the names on a shortlist to direct, but that gig went to Cop Car helmer Jon Watts, and the studio already has found its new Peter Parker in Tom Holland.

Getting a script ready for production was the next step as the pic is slated for release on July 28, 2017. Amy Pascal and Marvel’s Kevin Feige are producing the latest iteration of $4 billion superhero saga, which finds the action set in high school — though it is not considered to be an origin story.

In addition to another reboot in New Line’s Vacation, which comes out July 29 as their directorial debut, Daley and Goldstein paired on writing comedies Horrible Bosses 2 and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. They also co-wrote the script for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2, which came from Sony’s Columbia Pictures.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/spider-man-writers-john-francis-daley-jonathan-goldstein-reboot-1201477982/

Cool info I hope they wrote a hood film for spidey.

Vacation screenwriters John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein are being set right now to write the Spider-Man reboot movie for Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios. The pair had been among the names on a shortlist to direct, but that gig went to Cop Car helmer Jon Watts, and the studio already has found its new Peter Parker in Tom Holland. Getting a script ready for production was the next step as the pic is slated for release on July 28, 2017. Amy Pascal and Marvel’s Kevin Feige are producing the latest iteration of $4 billion superhero saga, which finds the action set in high school — though it is not considered to be an origin story.

In addition to another reboot in New Line’s Vacation, which comes out July 29 as their directorial debut, Daley and Goldstein paired on writing comedies Horrible Bosses 2 and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. They also co-wrote the script for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2, which came from Sony’s Columbia Pictures.

http://deadline.com/2015/07/spider-...s-daley-jonathan-goldstein-reboot-1201477982/

Dang it...I just created a thread also. I'm happy about this though, since I wanted them to direct the film in the first place

, Daley and Goldstein paired on writing comedies Horrible Bosses 2 and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. They also co-wrote the script for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2...
tumblr_m4vigtMClG1qj3ir1.gif

i know they can write something good, but those movies were comedies and they weren´t that great...

tumblr_m4vigtMClG1qj3ir1.gif

i know they can write something good, but those movies were comedies and they weren´t that great...

Horrible Bosses 2 was pretty good, but obviously completely different humor than the Spider-Man film will have.

Seesh just cause they may have a few bad films doesn't mean they can't hit it well with spidey. Same with directors and actors can have a few bombs but then do a good film.

Seesh just cause they may have a few bad films doesn't mean they can't hit it well with spidey. Same with directors and actors can have a few bombs but then do a good film.

c´mon is like i didn´t said "I know they can write something good", all i´m saying i´m doubtful with the desition....

Well we will just have to see. Plus who knows of they be the final writers for the shooting script. They could do a few drafts. Leave the project. Watts do rewrites or someone else come in. But I do hope they will make a good film and hit the right marks with all the characters.

Never heard of them...or the movies they wrote.

Also they have more to there resume then just a few films listed in the deadline article. And are actors themselfs from comedy work.

Vacation is coming out soon, which they co-directed & co-wrote. That'll be a better barometer of their writing talent.

I also just noticed something about Vacation that should be noted, there's a third writing credit...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1524930/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

Relevant, no? ;)

Well yeah, he wrote the original. Vacation isn't a High School movie so it's kinda like ehhh.. and their vacation looks kinda terrible to be honest, but who knows. Being honest, this writer and director combo is a hard sell.

And I am sure kevin will steer them in the right direction. And again they could be the first of many writers on the fipm. And watts could make a pass other writers come in. Who knows if they will be only writers.

Okay, so barely know director and writers. Cool, cool I still believe this can turn out great.(Deep down I am panicking)

Again look at the types of folks marvel has gone with and turned out great. The dude who directed elf turned out great with ironman, joss was strictly just tv, the guys who wrote you me Dupree and community did winter solider, guardians direcyor, they tend to go with odd ball choices and look how things have turned out.

Yeah, if Marvel can turn Ant-Man and Gaurdians, two of the most obscure Marvel properties ever, into critical hits then they can do anything.

Yup I wouldn't worry right now unless we start hearing things not right in a leak or scoopers lol. And like I said above these guys could very well be first if many to make a pass on script, Jon watts could do a draft other writers could come on. It's still very early in start of things.

the more i hear about this movie the more i worry it will only turn out to be 'pretty good'

watts is not comparable to gunn or the russo's, he's more akin to webb

these writers are closer to kurtzman and orci than gunn, whedon, mckay, black.

Here's hoping the lack of avi and the presence of feige will somehow result in a movie better than spider-man 2 and not simply better than the tasm series.

Man it seems like folks just want to be all negative with things. Sure there is a chance watts and these writers won't deliver. But with Kevin here and the types of folks marvel has worked with before again I wouldn't worry so much right now. Since things can change or turn out great. And we are still a yr from film actually shooting. So any worry items could end up not a worry come then.

Last edited:
the more i hear about this movie the more i worry it will only turn out to be 'pretty good'

watts is not comparable to gunn or the russo's, he's more akin to webb

these writers are closer to kurtzman and orci than gunn, whedon, mckay, black.

Here's hoping the lack of avi and the presence of feige will somehow result in a movie better than spider-man 2 and not simply better than the tasm series.

Kinda feeling you there.

With the exception of Holland, everything else is kinda lessening my excitement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"