John Hopkins student kills intruder with samurai sword, police say

The Sage

The World's Finest
Reaction score
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bal-sword0915,0,4027961.story?track=rss

A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed a man who broke into the garage of his off-campus residence early Tuesday, a Baltimore police spokesman said.

According to preliminary reports, a resident of the 300 block of E. University Parkway called police about a suspicious person, department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. An off-duty officer responded about 1:20 a.m. to the area with university security, according to Guglielmi. They heard shouts and screams from a neighboring house and found the suspected burglar suffering from a nearly severed hand and lacerations to his upper body, he said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

The student told police that he heard a commotion in the house and went downstairs armed with a samurai sword, Guglielmi said. He saw the side door to the garage had been pried open and found a man inside, who lunged at the student.

Detectives were still interviewing the student and his three roommates Tuesday morning, Guglielmi said. Burglars had already stolen two laptops and a Sony PlayStation from the student's home Monday, according to Guglielmi.

Dennis O'Shea, a spokesman for Johns Hopkins, said all four residents of the house are undergraduate students at the university.

The suspected burglar, whose name was not released pending notification of next of kin, had prior convictions for breaking and entering and had just been released Saturday from a Baltimore County facility, Guglielmi said.

The burglar had no honor. And thus he was quickly dispatched. Hoi!

i totally own a samurai sword, i just havent used it lol.

What a lousy ass ninja... Making a commotion like that. He was dealt with accordingly, by a samurai! :dpl:

Well, guess that's a first in that criminals bloodline.

I doubt they'll prosecute sword dude.

Self-Defense (MPJI-Cr 5:07)
1) The defendant actually believed that <he> <she> was in immediate and imminent danger of bodily harm.
2) The defendant's belief was reasonable.
3) The defendant used no more force than was reasonably necessary to defend <himself> <herself> in light of the threatenend or actual harm.

Defense of Habitation - Deadly Force (MPJI-Cr 5:02)
1) The defendant actually believed that (victim) was committing <was just about to commit> the crime of (crime) in <at> the defendant's home.
2) The defendant's belief was reasonable.
3) The defendant used no more force than was reasonably necessary to defend against the conduct of (victim).

Especially since the intruder lunged at sword dude.

But please take note that I think he did nothing wrong.

Looks like that thief brought his fists to a sword fight. :ninja:

Would it be messed up for me to say this is awesome?

If it was a gun I wouldnt care at all. But how often do you get to use a samurai sword on someone? Once in a lifetime opportunity there. Like playing real life Soul Calibur. Down -> quarter circle up + triangle = dead robber.

Baltimore, what a ***** hole. My best bud did his doctorate at Johns Hopkins. Crime rates were so high there was a constantly updated online map to show incidences.

If it was a gun I wouldnt care at all. But how often do you get to use a samurai sword on someone? Once in a lifetime opportunity there. Like playing real life Soul Calibur. Down -> quarter circle up + triangle = dead robber.

:hehe:

Looks like that thief brought his fists to a sword fight. :ninja:

davidcarusohoratiocain.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

:lmao:

Burglar deserves it. What idiot charges at a guy with a sword?

What's so damn hard about calling it a katana? "Samurai sword" grates on my nerves.

Probably that samurai's didnt use katanas.

Hmph. I thought they had their own swords and the ninjas used katana. And then they'd fight each other to see who had the superior weaponry.

And this stupid country has a law where we can't have Samurai swords...What if someone breaks into my home? How will I pull a Hopkins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"