John Hopkins student kills intruder with samurai sword, police say

*staring at body*

This student gets an A+ in my class.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Looks like that criminal wasn't so smooth after all.

:dry:

He just wanted a little slice of the pie.

jesus christ people! a f**king man lost his life here!

IN THE COOLEST F**KING WAY POSSIBLE!!!!!

That is freakin awesome, i have to get one now just in case it comes in handy :)

I think if there were any more pun's on here my head might explode

See, this is why the Irish can't have samurai swords...

on the one hand..... the guy shouldn't have been in that house stealing the guys stuff... on the other.....

Oh wait....

Hmph. I thought they had their own swords and the ninjas used katana. And then they'd fight each other to see who had the superior weaponry.
Um... wow. No. Just... no.

Samurais used katanas, but ninjas typically carried blades much smaller than katanas, and those smaller swords weren't exactly of the highest quality. The only reason people believe ninjas carried katanas was because they always put their smaller swords in oversized katana sheaths to trick people.

But then how did ninjas fair in fights with samurais?

Poorly. Despite what some goofy anime and 80s movies would have you believe, ninjas rarely engaged in direct combat-- at least they typically tried to avoid direct combat. There's a reason they dealt in stealth. If a ninja was ever stupid enough to fight a samurai head-on in broad daylight (and to my understanding, running away was always a viable option for a good ninja), the samurai would be the only one walking away.

themoreyouknow2n.jpg

Thanks!

man thats awsome
i wanna kill some1 with a samuri sword.
or better yet a battleth

I assume a battleth is like a th, only designed solely for battle and is commonly used by shirtless barbarians and dwarven fighters.

Um... wow. No. Just... no.

Samurais used katanas, but ninjas typically carried blades much smaller than katanas, and those smaller swords weren't exactly of the highest quality. The only reason people believe ninjas carried katanas was because they always put their smaller swords in oversized katana sheaths to trick people.

But then how did ninjas fair in fights with samurais?

Poorly. Despite what some goofy anime and 80s movies would have you believe, ninjas rarely engaged in direct combat-- at least they typically tried to avoid direct combat. There's a reason they dealt in stealth. If a ninja was ever stupid enough to fight a samurai head-on in broad daylight (and to my understanding, running away was always a viable option for a good ninja), the samurai would be the only one walking away.
I seem to remember learning somewhere that most samurai were so skilled, that they could dispatch their opponent with the same stroke that removed the sword from it's scabbard.

I seem to remember learning somewhere that most samurai were so skilled, that they could dispatch their opponent with the same stroke that removed the sword from it's scabbard.
Yeah, samurai are taught to strike with as few strokes as possible (as opposed to European fencing, which is nothing but constant swinging), and not to pull their swords out unless they fully intend to use them. As far as I know, if two samurai were ever to fight one another, you'd basically see them just standing there, staring each other down until someone sees an opening.

I may have gone through a phase in high school where I was obsessed with Japanese culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"