Joker 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' (Phillips and Phoenix return for the sequel) General News & Discussion Thread

Yeah, given the state of the MCU at the moment in terms of quality, I don’t think Deadpool 3 will make more than Joker 2–especially since Gaga is a part of it.

Deadpool 3 will still make bank, but if Joker 1 is any indication, they'll both do great. There's a reason that Deadpool 2 is the highest grossing X-Men film.

bad place, if anything, WBD should lean into the controversy because as ridiculous as all that talk about potential real world violence as a result of Joker 1 was, I have to assume that the controversy factored into the box office. If just for people going to theaters to see what all the hoopla was.

Well I can already picture people in the media criticizing it for showing a toxic abusive relationship... which is the whole point of Joker and Harley's relationship and something Suicide Squad massively misunderstood, but hey, I don't expect to see logical arguments.

Well I can already picture people in the media critic
Dizing it for showing a toxic abusive relationship... which is the whole point of Joker and Harley's relationship and something Suicide Squad massively misunderstood, but hey, I don't expect to see logical arguments.
Definitely. And as usual, the loudest critics will be those with hardly any familiarity at all with the source material.

I am more excited for the Joker movies than for the Batman movies
i have always been a more fan of Joker than Batman. the Joker has always stolen the show in everything he has appeared Batman 66 Batman 89 the Dark Knight the 90s Animated series and unlike Batman Joker character has already won Oscars i would even dare to say that Joker is more loved than Batman so im glad that Joker has his own movies i would like them to make a Third movie if the Second part is successful

The musical sequel follows Harley Quinn the Arkham Asylum shrink who falls in love with her patient Arthur Fleck aka Joker.
Nice to see there's no ambiguity there that she's actually called Harley Quinn, and not 'a character very much like Harley, but not explicitly referred to as such', which was something doing the rounds a little while ago.

Wonder if her name will actually be Dr. Harleen Quinzel or if she’ll just go by Harley Quinn once she fully transforms.

I'm sure there's a chance Phoenix won't loose the same amount of weight for the sequel.

The main reason was his medication and the fact that he was poor and unhealthy but now that he's in Arkham on more medication, there's a chance he became more fat.

Would it bothers you to have Arthur Fleck not being skinny as the first film? I think it would help
differentiate itself from the first.

I'm sure there's a chance Phoenix won't loose the same amount of weight for the sequel.

The main reason was his medication and the fact that he was poor and unhealthy but now that he's in Arkham on more medication, there's a chance he became more fat.

Would it bothers you to have Arthur Fleck not being skinny as the first film? I think it would help
differentiate itself from the first.

I'd prefer him skinny, but could be interesting as a point of difference. Especially if they lean into it a little ie. having his clothes a bit too small, hint of tummy sticking out the bottom of his t-shirt and whatnot.

I’m okay him not being as skinny since he is institutionalized and is likely being forced feed and required to take his medication.

I wonder if they'll tweak the Joker design at all.

In fact, I'm still curious how they'll explain Arthur wearing makeup if he's incarcerated the entire movie. I suspect it'll be how Harley "sees" him in her own delusions.

Well it's possible that Harley could break him out in the third act, I'm not entirely sure the whole movie will take place inside Arkham but we'll see.

There is rumors that both Arthur Fleck Joker and Lady Gaga character both will die in Joker 2 if this happens does that means that the Bruce Wayne of the Joker Universe will have no Joker to fight with?

Would the Bruce Wayne of the Joker Universe ever become Batman or not? with the Joker Universe being very different from the others, i wouldnt be surprised if this version of Bruce Wayne never becomes Batman because in this World/Reality being a Super Hero would be too ‘’Unrealistic‘’

A Bruce Wayne exist in the Joker Universe even Arrowverse Titans and Gotham have their own versions of Batman why the Joker Universe cant have his own Batman? i imagine Jokerverse Batman like the Batman from Earth One of the first issues or like Batman 66, a Batman that looks more like a Cosplayer

Last edited:
Some Lady Gaga Fan Arts
cgum0eesyh591.jpg

qo1odoes3tg91.jpg

dfc1y87-cfaf3677-5586-41bb-9c6a-3c823701da60.png

dfc1y8d-f58dd8cb-c977-4ec6-9999-9fd52495c47e.png

aca492afa5ef4e7964976e694955bcf1.jpeg

Fan Art Posters
1d1c5dfc2e.jpg

fkyrbec63r691.jpg

This is not a Fan Art but i find Dark Prince Joker and Harley to be similar to Phoenix and Gaga
173e5635a842f0c65d862314d0314f0c.jpg

31717974_2124708624213580_1307311126333095936_n.jpg

RacEnSuM_2712200105171gpadd.jpeg

Last edited:
A part of me wants them to so bad because I genuinely miss that costume, but in most likelihood it'll be another variation of Harley's current look, if that silhouette in the announcement teaser is to be believed.

I wonder if they do a time jump in this film and if they do, just how old will Bruce Wayne be? Or if Bruce rises up to take up the mantle of being Batman to go up against both Arthur/Joker and Harley?

I don't think they'll bring in Batman in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"