Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher! - Part 1

I assume the mods will create a forum now.

They've been Dragging their feet since early summer, I gave up asking. I get this place has less Traffic than it used to back in the day, but this should have been a no brainer. This site used to have a Punisher forum, but they hesitate just making a sub-forum in tv now.

Apparently they're shooting under the title "Crime"

Let's get that Punisher sub forum going guys :up:

I don't understand the forum decisions that it takes forever to get a new forum put in and an old one that's obsolete closed own.

Changes in forums (opening new ones...closing obsolete ones) are only done by the owner Mirko.....we recommend things....he does them when he does them.

I've got a left field choice for who I wouldn't mind seeing as a villain in the show.

Thorn aka Salvatore "Sal" Carbone. The drug addicted second in command mobster from the Brooklyn based Carbone crime family. A near death run in with The Punisher leaves Sal unable to feel pain like Ajax from Deadpool and Renard from Bond movie The World Is Not Enough.

Thorn no longer needs to eat, drink or breathe. He is immune from extreme cold and no longer gave of a scent.
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/thornpun.htm
They could say he took some experimental drug to get his powers or struck a deal with the hand for immortality (Salvatore got whacked in the comics because he was seen consorting with rival Asian gangsters).

Thorn might be a interesting villain because he seemingly can't be killed. He was shot and hit by a truck by the Punisher and still lived. The Punisher would defeat him by cutting his limbs off, lock him in box and throwing him into the hudson river like a character from the show The Strain did.

Mirko must have a bias against the Punisher :o

Tombstone would be perfect for this series. I love that suggestion.

Plus there's other major DD stuff that I'd like to see in a potential S3. Let Frank have his own show. I still think that putting Punisher into a Captain America film as a compare/contrast to Steve Rogers could be really interesting potentially.

^THIS! I would absolutely love to see Frank and Steve exchange words.

Wow, can't believe that Jon Bernthal/Frank Castle is getting more popularity than Charlie Cox as Daredevil in Daredevil's own forum.

Well season 2 had a heavy focus on Frank Castle, and Punisher is getting his own show before Daredevil season 3 premieres. So it's sort of what's one everyone's mind right now.

^THIS! I would absolutely love to see Frank and Steve exchange words.

As cool as that would be I just think that it would be the same thing we got on season 2. Maybe not tho I guess. A good writer can make it different.

Really excited to the Punisher spinoff! He'll get to kick a lot of ass!

Well season 2 had a heavy focus on Frank Castle, and Punisher is getting his own show before Daredevil season 3 premieres. So it's sort of what's one everyone's mind right now.

But that's the thing. Charlie Cox's thread has been up since May of 2014, and hasn't even gotten to Part one yet. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=480227

Only 453 posts to date.

Jon Bernthal's is already on his part 1 page, and has a combined total of 1570 posts since it's been put up June of 2015. I won't be surprised if The Punisher series ends up being the most viewed on Netflix for Marvel. Heck, you should see the tribute videos for him already on youtube. They do a good job on the series, I wouldn't be surprised at all that he is the first MCU TV actor/character to be have a crossover meet with one of the MCU cinematic actors/characters.

But that's the thing. Charlie Cox's thread has been up since May of 2014, and hasn't even gotten to Part one yet. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=480227

Only 453 posts to date.

Jon Bernthal's is already on his part 1 page, and has a combined total of 1570 posts since it's been put up June of 2015. I won't be surprised if The Punisher series ends up being the most viewed on Netflix for Marvel. Heck, you should see the tribute videos for him already on youtube. They do a good job on the series, I wouldn't be surprised at all that he is the first MCU TV actor/character to be have a crossover meet with one of the MCU cinematic actors/characters.

I really dont think that means anything. Daredevil has an entire forum dedicated to him where discussion about Charlie and the character is split between dozens of threads. Pretty much most of the Jon/Punisher talk has been consolidated to this one following the spinoff announcement

Yeah, people have talked about DD and his character in the various episode threads rather than just the dedicated Charlie Cox thread. Punisher doesn't have any episodes yet.

Also, people were already subscribed to this thread before the Punisher forum was even created, so I'm sure this thread from the DD forum is the one that keeps popping up in their user panel instead of an equivalent Jon Bernthal/ Punisher one from the Punisher forum, and people just continue the discussion here.

Of course, if the mods moved some of the discussion from here into the thread in the Punisher forum, then people should be automatically subscribed to that, and they would probably continue there.

Last edited:
Yeah, people have talked about DD and his character in the various episode threads rather than just the dedicated Charlie Cox thread. Punisher doesn't have any episodes yet.

Also, people were already subscribed to this thread before the Punisher forum was even created, so I'm sure this thread from the DD forum is the one that keeps popping up in their user panel instead of an equivalent Jon Bernthal/ Punisher one from the Punisher forum, and people just continue the discussion here.

Of course, if the mods moved some of the discussion from here into the thread in the Punisher forum, then people should be automatically subscribed to that, and they would probably continue there.
Thats true. Jon's thread has 6 posts there vs Deborah's 25. Does that mean Karen Page is more popular than Punisher when it comes to his own show? I dont think you can really extrapolate anything from this stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"