Daredevil Jon Bernthal IS Frank Castle / The Punisher! - Part 1

I'd say he's a bit of a mix between the Marvel Knights version and the 616 version. I would agree he's not at a MAX level of detachment. I would say some of the wounds are still fresh.

Definitely excited to see my favorite character finally in a solid production, I have to reread the MK series again, its been too long.

You can pretty clearly see the skull underneath the sniper rifle in trailer two IMHO.

SXbl6cm.png

Combine that with the top bit in the promo image above... he's definitely getting the skull, along with the Ennis/Dillon-style leather jacket look, during the series.

Cheers.

I just hope that we don't have to wait until the final episode for the skull shirt.

I wonder how Frank and Elektra will interact.

If he doesn't get the skull I will rage. But, I trust the show runners. Let's hope they don't let us down.

Guys, it's light reflecting on the plain black shirt, you can see pics of him in the same scene in other shots, no skull. I really hope I am wrong, but I wasn't about other Marvel tv adoptions screwing up the characters looks. Hell, we didn't even see Matt actually wearing a real costume till the last quarter of the final episode of the first season.

I don't get with Disney owning them, why budgets are this much of an issue. If you can't properly dress your characters, it's time to ask the bankrollers for more money to do it right. Otherwise, you get a Fantastic Four instead of a Deadpool.

Let's save this post for when season two comes out and we finally get to see it, to remind him. People that assume something in a show is gonna be a certain way without it being out yet annoy me.

The only thing missing is the skull. Will it come by the end of the season? Maybe. At least you have an actor who not only loves and understands the character, they actually bring that character to life in the show. Patience is a good quality to have.

In general it really seemed like we had finally reached a time in pop culture where these characters and their iconography didn't have to be hedged and hinted at. These Netflix shows have a really Singeresque 2002ish approach to character names and costumes that u find to be a real bore.

Let's save this post for when season two comes out and we finally get to see it, to remind him. People that assume something in a show is gonna be a certain way without it being out yet annoy me.

It isn't unreasonable to expect the second season of a show to take the same approach to things as the first season of a show. Particularly when the marketing and reviews point to most things being the same.

Empire mentions that he's an ex-cop. Also has some cool art of what, I assume, is what the skull will end up looking like

^

Really? I thought Bernthal confirmed in quite a few interviews that he had a military background. I remember him stressing the military angle. Could he have joined the police force after being discharged from the army... or something to that effect? Or could that have just been a mistake?

^

Really? I thought Bernthal confirmed in quite a few interviews that he had a military background. I remember him stressing the military angle. Could he have joined the police force after being discharged from the army... or something to that effect? Or could that have just been a mistake?

I'd assume it was a mistake, these magazines often have them. Still, who knows. I suppose it's possible he joined the police force after leaving the military, yeah

I hope they don't go the ex-cop route again.

I prefer Frank's families murder being a misfortune case of wrong place, wrong time rather than as revenge by the mob for Frank investigating them. The classic origin of the central park massacre of his family and subsequent corrupt cops covering for the Costa crime family works better in my opinion. The comic story has a level of tragedy and injustice that works better than a simply revenge mob hit.

I don't think the two would be mutually exclusive; I'm sure you could have Frank be an ex-cop and maintain the wrong place wrong time aspect of his family's murder than have it be a revenge story

Empire mentions that he's an ex-cop. Also has some cool art of what, I assume, is what the skull will end up looking like

Really hoping Marvel doesn't fall into the same pit that the other Punisher adaptations have. Why does everyone want to make him a cop? Haha

he could be an ex-cop and still have been a decorated solider. I know plenty of ex Marines and Army who go into the police force after. The 04 Punisher had him as FBI or something.

Last edited:
I think the cop angle in the previous adaptions was sort of an attempt to make The Punisher seem more heroic.

I think the cop angle in the previous adaptions was sort of an attempt to make The Punisher seem more heroic.

Possible, also I imagine the timeline thing was a factor. The Punisher as a soldier story works so much better when it is twinned with a suitable war rather than just a vague black ops background IMHO. The 2004 movie was way too late for a Vietnam timeline but too soon for an Iraq one, and something like the 1991 Gulf War just wouldn't fit the Punisher narrative as well as one of those extended, brutal and extremely controversial conflicts.

Did this quickly...

34sj62x.png

Just thinkin' 'bout skulls...

To Be Or Not To Be. Punisher Version.

"To Kill or Not To Kill, Whether Tis Nobler To Go Around Blowin Peoples Heads Off or Let Them Off With A Warning And A Broken Arm or Somethin."

And white boots and gloves ;) .

Loving Jon Bernthal's Punisher so far. He freaking nailed it!

That part I cannot agree with, I feel that part of the outfit is a little dated. I'm betting the only white on his outfit will the skull[BLACKOUT] and chips of bone[/BLACKOUT], everything else will black tactical gear and armor, plus the coat.

Basically I'm predicting the outfit from Punisher Warzone, with a trench coat.

ray%20punisher.jpeg

That would be the ideal Punisher outfit to me.

Last edited:
I loved the PWZ outfit but consider the 04 skull design to be pretty much perfection.

That neck part of the Warzone outfit looks bad.

They went comic accurate and it didnt translate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"