Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

At the begging of the year i thought i would like lion king way more then aladien but i think i liked aladien more. I never thought i would say that and i think spechless worked a lot better in aladien then sprit did for lion king. Spirt fellt way out of place.

I really liked this movie!! I felt like they did a good job of giving a bit of a back story to Scar and Mufassa.. It really was for the most part a live action beat for beat remake of the original, but imo they did a good job.

I really didn’t like Aladdin and Beauty and the beast was okay, but I definitely enjoyed this one a lot more than those two. The great James Earl Jones was awesome in this, and I really liked Mufasa. I also loved the ending. They did a great job of highlighting key parts from all central characters in the movie before concluding with the final battle between Simba and Scar.

Loved it so much. Yes, it's pretty much a beat-for-beat remake. A LOT of the dialogue is exactly the same as the cartoon. But it was still SO beautiful and made me so so happy. Of course the cartoon is "better" because it's connected to so many of our childhoods, but this one is way better than what the critics are saying.

The only thing that bothered me was Beyonce singing like a pop star for absolutely no reason. And her original song isn't bad, it's just misplaced here.

The Gift album is dope only that Kendrick Lamar song is too short.

I only saw Jungle book 2016 once and I didn't really care for it thought the 90s live action one was better,and I have a hard time remembering movies I have only seen once, but with all the talk about the animals and there emotions I may watch it again to see what people are talking about with that movie because yes the emotions and lack of it in lion king was a big mistake and sounds like it was a disize desition.

Anyone dislike the Hyenas in this too? Ed certainly wasn't as fun and crazy and the other two were just sorta...there.

Anyone dislike the Hyenas in this too? Ed certainly wasn't as fun and crazy and the other two were just sorta...there.
Didn't dislike them. They just wasnt used enough for the comedic scenes. I chuckled at their back forth.

I hoped the movie would make them more complex characters rather than being the same 'greedy and worthless to the Circle of Life' animals they were portrayed as in the original - that depite being antagonists (which I understand the movie needed), there'd be underlying reasoning; and that they could redeem themselves like Iago did in The Return of Jafar and like Zira's pride in The Lion King II.

That legitimately could've been a way for this movie to have differentiated itself from the animated movie, and Jon Favreau did a superb job with The Jungle Book... But I guess there's been a 'nostalgia of Disney's biggest movie + realistic CGI' mindset that transpired the lack of effort on this piece of elephant manure. Glad I paid my way in by instead further supporting Midsommar.

Last edited:
Doug Walker (well known as the Nostalgia Critic) hates these live action Disney remakes, and this is the one he hates the most, thinks it's complete stool.

It's pretty much what you would expect. The entire opening sequence is literally a live action remake of the original and I will give them props for actually recreating it so accurately.

I blame all the people here complaining about the lack of emotion for Cats. :o

Saw this earlier with the family and honestly I enjoyed it quite a bit. Yeah it's mostly a shot for shot remake and it isn't as emotionally effective as the animated film, but visually it looked gorgeous throughout and I loved pretty much every scene with Seth Rogen's Pumba and Billy Eichner's Timon. I thought Chiwetel Ejiofor was great as Scar as well which kind of surprised me considering I didn't know how I would feel about him based off of that second trailer. He's no Jeremy Irons, but I liked that he brought his own sinister vibe to the movie, and I would even say that his version of Scar felt a bit more visceral at times too compared to Irons. I do wish that they did more with John Kani as Rifiki though because he felt really underused and sadly while I didn't think their vocal performances were bad Donald Glover and Beyonce are easily the weakest parts of this movie along with the hyenas not being given much to do either. I enjoyed all the song numbers though even the one's I know people have been complaining about like Be Prepared and Spirit although I agree that it was somewhat misplaced.

7/10

WVRvfO8HuBoOppguAT8V85LiLk7QDxb7-erXTCBOwzI.jpg

Oh that's just not right.

You know how people often say we didn't "need" a movie, and I'm the first to say that we don't NEED any movie so it's a stupid criticism..... but we did NOT need this movie. It's totally unnecessary and removes a lot of things that made the original so good. Favreau spends the whole movie compromising because it has to be photorealistic. He completely removes all the elaborate fantasy sequences, Mufasa's face in the sky, and most importantly.. the emotions. The lions have a blank stare throughout the whole movie. Simba looks the same whether he is crying, running or singing. That makes the film literally soulless. It just doesn't work.

It's pretty much what you would expect. The entire opening sequence is literally a live action remake of the original and I will give them props for actually recreating it so accurately.

It's an impressive feat, but who is going to put this version over the original? The original is always going to be better. The impact just is not there in the new version. It's more like a novelty than a functioning scene in the movie.

Nobody can find a happy medium between Jungle Book from Favs and Mowgli from Serkis. It's like they went too far in both directions. The only character that really had facial expression was Rafiki due to him being an ape. Timon just looked consistently on edge regardless of what was happening, lol. But meerkats just have that default expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"