Jon Favreau's Lion King CONFIRMED

This will make at least 1.5 billion worldwide.

So I'm gonna have to suffer through Favreau making God knows how many more movies with talking animals until he can actually make something like Chef again?

EDIT: Doesn't say he's directing just "joining forces." It could be he's just producing which helps him.

So is Favreau going to be their go-to guy when it comes to making these films?

So I'm gonna have to suffer through Favreau making God knows how many more movies with talking animals until he can actually make something like Chef again?

Chef was a personal film. You don't just "make" a movie like that. You kind of have to live it first.

Lol. All those who said this would happen were right on the money.

giphy.gif

We don't need live-action remakes of every Disney movie ever.

Live action? More like CG. Call it what it is, unless they're using real lions...
It's a really unnecesary remake. Even when I think it is an interesting idea, it's just a cash grab. The original is near perfect.

I'm still waiting for the announcement that Disney's secret plan has been to do all these live action remakes to build up to a Kingdom Hearts film. At this point, anything is within the realm of possibility for them.

I know this was an eventuality, so I'm not that surprised. I actually expected Jon Favreau to be involved in some way.

Still don't know what to make of this, though.

No one could outdo James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons as Mufasa and Scar.

I'm still waiting for the announcement that Disney's secret plan has been to do all these live action remakes to build up to a Kingdom Hearts film. At this point, anything is within the realm of possibility for them.

Kingdom Hearts Cinematic Universe?

It feels unnecessary. The original is already animated and what can Favreau add to make it distinct?

No one could outdo James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons as Mufasa and Scar.

He'll probably ask them to reprise their roles, and they'll likely say yes. I mean, Jones came back for the SW prequels and "Rogue One "

Chef was a personal film. You don't just "make" a movie like that. You kind of have to live it first.

Sure, but it was also original. I'm sure Favreau has those too.

We don't need live-action remakes of every Disney movie ever.

Too bad because that's what's coming.

Bob Iger recently said they cracked the code to making successful films which translates to being as risk averse as possible. Yeah, they'll probably be good. But that doesn't mean the same exact movie before wasn't good either. Get ready for Aladdin and Little Mermaid next.

Oh, look it's the 90's all over again. :o Hey! Remember how great the 90's were? We do too, so you're gonna get it again and not get anything new that's great.

From a business standpoint, there's no reason for Disney to change their ways in the future.

Don't see the problem as long as it's done the same way as Jungle Book. As in, with passion and artistic integrity.

If it's fantastic then we all win. If it's not so good? Well the original still exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"