Jon Watts' Star Wars: Skeleton Crew

Would be cool if this series was about Luke’s students

But whatever it is, I am intrigued. Goonies + Star Wars is a win in my book. I can see this possibly being the Star Wars version of Stranger Things

I love, that they take the risk of working in different genres into the Star Wars series now (though BoBF was too similar to Mandalorian. .. even before he showed up)
Andor will be a space spy thriller

Jon Watts... hooray. Fingers crossed it's not mediocre.

Doing Stranger Things in Star Wars feels a bit like the snake eating its own tail because Star Wars was the very thing that helped inspire that 80's Amblin kids adventure genre.

yeah and Lord of the Rings inspired George Lucas making SW whereas SW inspired Peter Jackson making the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
There can always be great synergies

If this is the rumored High Republic padawan show, I am all in.

I didn't realize Star Wars Celebration was going to be SDCC or D23.

We’ll know this show will be quality with Filoni & Favreau now officially involved

Do you guys think this show is meant to replace Rangers of The New Republic since both are meant to take place after ROTJ.?

Do you guys think this show is meant to replace Rangers of The New Republic since both are meant to take place after ROTJ.?

The concept is too different for it to be a simple reworking. I suspect they were trying to rework it, but then just tossed it.

Though with Watt's second project announced, I do suspect the timeline of how things worked out. He was working on the kids cartoon, pitched this when another project was shelved, got this, thus him dropping out of FF The second project was definitely why we were hearing about him doing a High Republic show.

Is this going to be in the vein of Battle of Endor?

if they’re aiming this as Stranger Things in space, than it should be scary as hell. I watched the first episode of season 4 and almost **** myself.
What else could they mean, with it being like Stranger Things? The 80’s vibes? Star Wars already has those.

I think they were more thinking along the lines of the old Amblin, kids oriented horror.

I’d rather have Acolyte earlier, than this

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"