Justice League Junkie XL scoring Zack Snyder’s JL

Theme is good but people online are going overboard on how good. Best theme ever and all that lol

Fresh; knee-jerk excitment. It's why fans need a day to sleep on it. Hype lol. It's nice to hear and it sounds great. Neons better than the nothingness we got in 2017 that's for sure.

It is better but I think a certain section of fandom just overreact to anything that’s from the Snyderverse lol

They found a new religion and they have a Bible. Their messiah:
74UAoSy.jpg

:o

This is the first time I've seen the man. For some reason i thought he was a young dude lol. But the music is dope.

lol i always imagine he was a dood in his 20s cuz his name was junkie xl.
and we heard a bit of this theme in the fandome panel a few weeks ago

Just watch 'The Sonic Landscape of Man of Steel' on Fandome - you'll see Junkie Xl as a younger fellow more fitting his nickname. lol

It's good. Scores usually grows on me once I've seen the movie and can call back to the scenes when listening to the soundtrack.
With the exception of man of steel. As soon as those piano notes hit in that trailer I was hooked.
I'm more so wanting to hear his new renditions on the Trinity's already established themes. It was great to hear some of batman's theme sprinkled in there at the end!

To be fair to Tom Holkenberg here, I feel like a lot of people online are writing off this track too early even though he clearly stated it's currently unfinished. I think part of that is due to infinite expectations people have built over the years which were never going to be met.

I still do really like it (more and more on re-listens), but I can't wait to hear it in complete form and full high quality audio to judge it properly.

Feeling the hype again! :heavy breathing:

By the way, he didn’t mention Batman’s theme. Is it going to be different for JL?

Feeling the hype again! :heavy breathing:

By the way, he didn’t mention Batman’s theme. Is it going to be different for JL?

What I got from the article is that he is adding a slightly new twist to Superman and Wonder Woman, but keeping them mostly the same while every other hero's theme will be new. So new themes for Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and Batman :up:

I take it Batman's new theme won't be too different from his old one because of continuity, but it'll be more uplifting in comparison (and not to an exaggerated level either).

Yes, I think the clip he leaked last weekend is a good tonal indication of how this film will likely sound. Much more uplifting and superheroic than BvS’ dark, foreboding sound. I think Batman will indeed getting a lighter sounding theme also. It all fits what with Snyder is going for with this movie.

“Different characters have different musical statements to those same characters in the past. Much like their stories in the comics, they change and evolve over the years. So, what was a great theme for Superman in the 70s doesn’t mean that it is the right theme for Superman in 2013. When the director takes on a superhero character, and when a composer takes on the superhero character, they should do what feels right inside them.”

He added, “You should come up with a theme that inspires you for that character. I think that is important in the development of these movies. If Mad Max gets remade in 25 years, I’m not expecting people to do something similar to what I did for Fury Road, you know? Give it your take.”

junkie xl. this man gets it.

His statement is basically the opposite of what Danny Elfman said in 2017 where he said “my theme is the only them.” And listen I will ALWAYS adore Elfman’s Batman scores— those are some of my all time favorite movie soundtracks—but he couldnt have been more wrong when he said that.

His statement is basically the opposite of what Danny Elfman said in 2017 where he said “my theme is the only them.” And listen I will ALWAYS adore Elfman’s Batman scores— those are some of my all time favorite movie soundtracks—but he couldn't have been more wrong when he said that.

I watched his MasterClass and while I'll always love his earlier stuff, it's clear he has a huuuuuuuge ego. He even kinda admits that he gets very intense and doesn't do rejection well. In his fallouts with Tim Burton and Sam Raimi, you kinda can get the feeling that he is definitely the common denominator.

I watched Hans Zimmers MasterClass first though and he's kinda hilarious, not intentionally but the way he talks about building a score is like "(German accent) ooooh, see this note is good but then you tell the story and now this note is very naughty. And then sometimes it's all S**t and I start over."

So we'll get an expansion on both The Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice themes for Batman and Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"