Justice League ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE - RATE & REVIEW THREAD (SPOILERS!!!)

For people who have watched it multiple times, are you liking it more or less? I'm going to try and watch it again this week. I gave it an 8. My minor gripes is the odd musical choices throughout. Especially everytime Wonder Woman shows up. Once or twice would have been fine... not every time lol. Her theme song is already perfect. Not sure why they added that yell/battle cry before it.

For people who have watched it multiple times, are you liking it more or less? I'm going to try and watch it again this week. I gave it an 8. My minor gripes is the odd musical choices throughout. Especially everytime Wonder Woman shows up. Once or twice would have been fine... not every time lol. Her theme song is already perfect. Not sure why they added that yell/battle cry before it.

Seen it about 4 times (w/ different interested parties). I would say that it's been hovering around 7.8/10 for me, so it hasn't changed much since I originally watched. Still significantly better than the tc, which upon subsequent watches, moved from 7 to 6/10. Yea some of the music choices were a bit odd, though lyrically was cool. I remember not thinking too much of Song to the Siren on the first viewing, but the second it definitely hit a more emotional beat with me. I still have some issues with the story, and I think Superman's return could have used a bit more time imo. I loved a lot of the expanded fight sequences, but I think their epicness didn't quite hit me as well. It left me wondering if the TC sort of ruined those things for me. I also think Junkie was a little hit or miss. I think he overused certain motifs and it got a little grating after a while.

Last edited:
So I just watched Snyders Cut and here are my thoughts.

Its easily the best Snyder film, because It has the most Cohesive plot and most Cohesive character arcs.I also liked the Mythic feel he brought to the Movie despite it being a bit more intimate.

Wonderwoman and Cyborg really shone in this.Cyborg especially and this shocked me as I have never cared for the Character.This movie actually made me want to watch a Cyborg solo movie.Would like him to be redesigned.

I thought Aquaman was potrayed decently thouh he somehow fely superflous to the plot. I kept forgetting about him in the 1st and 2nd acts.

I thought Batman was bland and I really dont like Ezra Millers Flash. Have zero interest in a Flash solo thanks to this movie.I may be interested in a Batman vs Deathstroke movie under a Different director.

This Movie did not need to be 4 hours long. There was a Lot that could have been cut and I can easily see a 2:45 minutes - 3 hour cut being possible. Also watching the movie, It was clear the run time was lengtherned by the fact that Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash were not introduced in Solo movies. Not a big deal just an observation

Joker brief scene was shockingly good.His acting and his lines were top par and felt way above the quality of the movie.

Which brings me to the Bad.

I found the Dialogue and acting to be very stilted at times. Dialogue especially.
Theres a big plot hole with Darkseid and his goons FORGETTING that Earth was the planet they were defeated on that had the Anti Life equation. Its such a Huge mindblowing plothole that shocks me.Earth has Amazons, Atlanteans, Lost Motherboxes and they FORGET?

Superman is my Favourite Character and the fact that he has Minimum screen time in a Justice League movie is unforgivable to me.And the Limited screentime showed what my problem with Zack Snyders Superman is. He is Either a Blank character with muted dialogue or a Danger to the world.He is just potrayed as Hulk who is Emotionally dependent on Lois.Where is the Leader?

The Movie would actually be a 7.5. But Its too long so It loses 1 point. It disappoints with Superman. It looses 1 point as well.And its unnecessarily Fanservicey at times so it loses .5 points.

FINAL SCORE IS 5/10

This Movie did not need to be 4 hours long. There was a Lot that could have been cut and I can easily see a 2:45 minutes - 3 hour cut being possible.

Maybe they'll give us a Snyder Cut Snyder Cut.

Maybe we'll get the Snider cut of the Snyder cut, where hair metal icon Dee Snider re-edits the film to his own twisted vision.

Steppenwolf will get his own rendition of We're Not Gonna Take It.

I saw Dee Snider live in Vegas (free show downtown) and I would definitely hate watch the hell out of that!

Okay, so this is speaking as a person who’s ambivalent about Man Of Steel and actively dislikes Batman V Superman for both its poor portrayal of Batman, and its ham fisted adaptation of some of DC’s greatest stories:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League is the best movie of the DCEU, and probably Snyder’s best film.

It is still the same movie. Don’t kid yourself that the plot has changed at all. But it is done better in every conceivable way. They were absolute b*st**ds for not putting this film out.

Of course it’s still flawed. It contains a fair measure of Snyder’s inherent silliness and excess, but it works very well for the most part. He still can’t do natural dialogue at all though.

All of the league are so much better served in this cut, with the exception of Batman. Affleck remains stilted, awkward, cumbersome and out of place alongside the others. Snyder remains someone who really doesn’t understand who and what Batman is (beyond the superficial elements). Superman is STILL massively underused, but Snyder absolutely nails what Superman there is in the film. Everyone else gets really great attention. So much better. Flash and Cyborg are particularly improved, with a couple of very good character moments for both.

Darkseid is marvellous, and Steppenwolf is now a genuinely good villain. The story now makes sense, and flows much better.

All in all, a massive improvement. I wouldn’t say I think it calls for a continuation of this particular universe, but it is the swan song Zack Snyder deserved. The Snyder Cut fans can feel absolutely vindicated by this release.

7.5/10.

...all the Luthor / Knightmare stuff is pointless though. Leto remains poor as the Joker. The exchange between him and Affleck struggles to land, and Affleck looks poor in the mask. The movie would have been better served without the additional empty fan service.

Ummmm....what he said ! Totally nailed it with this review. I particularly liked what he did with Superman - he really felt like Superman,at last.

I was very skeptical about this film, and very pleased to be mostly wrong.

For me.... being a week or so out, now.... I have to say that Justice League could be one of my favorite comic book movies. I'm sort of surprised myself, but... it's better than Avengers, Avengers 2...it matches the size of infinity war somehow, and it shows some great stuff with some of my very favorite characters. I don't think I'd put it in my top ten, but still. When you're talking epic, comic book movies, ZS's Justice League now is a top contender in that department.

There are a series of strange decisions that hold this movie back though.

To me this film illustrates why obvious superficial flaws don’t necessarily make or break a movie.

Yes the film has a lot of obvious flaws which I won’t bother listing here, but the film also provides an experience that few can.

To me it’s why the prequel Star Wars films are arguably “better” than the sequels, because the territory it’s exploring, what it’s going for, is so epic and up my alley, warts and all.

(Also the same reason why I think Dark Knight Rises is an awesome movie, providing a rousing enrapturing experience not seen elsewhere, despite some obvious moments that strain believability, but I won’t get into that here).

Marvel fans can convince me all they want that Avengers Infinity War is better than ZSJL, but for me personally, I don’t care. ZSJL has Darkseid materialising out of rock and molten metal, and the Earth reassembling under Flash’s feet, and the coolest Aquaman ever impaling and lifting Steppenwolf into the air, and it’s all awesome AF, and something I’d much rather watch over Thanos talking to green Zoe Saldana and Nebula, who we’re supposed to care about for some reason.

Last edited:
So I went in with low expectations and thought this was pretty good. I think it being a straight forward narrative with all these superhero characters coming together to stop an alien invasion and focusing mainly on character interactions helped it. BvS was bad, the Knightmare stuff will likely be terrible, but this is sandwiched in between and taken on its own merits there is a lot to enjoy. I definitely wouldn't consider it a waste of four hours, and definitely better than BvS (both cuts) and the theatrical cut of JL. I'd probably put it firmly in the middle of the DCEU rankings along with MOS.

Some negatives mixed with positives
- Cyborg's design is ugly as sin (ditto MM's) but his story was very good. I can see why Ray Fisher was upset his role and the roles of his parents was greatly reduced because it works better here.
- Ezra Miller is still incredibly annoying as the Flash, but the actual displays of his power were incredibly well done.
- The Amazons were scene stealers again. They lost, but put in a valiant effort. Zeus fighting alongside them in the flashback was icky though considering he's a misogynistic rapist who stands against everything they represent. Would have vastly preferred Athena. Ares was cooler here than WW though.
- Criminal waste of Amy Adams
- Still hate Wonder Woman killing the terrorists when it's not something she'd need to do, and it also being the only time she displays superhuman speed. It is "conveniently" absent in her fights with Superman and Steppenwolf. All she did all movie was repeatedly fight Steppenwolf to a draw and decapitate him when he was already defeated, but Superman made it look effortless. I think Superman should be higher in stats than WW, but not by this much, and a JL plot really needs more than one measly evil New God to work. Let a lone a D-list one like Steppenwolf. WW vs. Kalibak would have been much more worthy of her. And Snyder said she flies in his universe, but no display of that here.
- Superman is a plot device here and little else. They talk up how big and important he is, which undermines the importance of the rest of the JL when it's meant to be a team movie, but Superman isn't a fleshed out character even three films in so it's just empty lip service. And we are still being set up for brainwashed evil Superman, so he's still a liability and not an actual help. A five film arc being required to get a fully formed Superman (including his death, resurrection and turn as a villain) is nonsense even before we factor in the fact that the JL encroach on his narrative, which negatively impacts both him AND them.
- I thought Eisenberg was more solid as Lex here than he was before. Maybe it's the bald head lol. I still don't think I can tolerate him for another movie, but I also wouldn't (yet) be dreading it if we get more.
- The Knightmare stuff is still inherently awful and I'm too grossed out by Jared Leto to really give his performance another chance, unlike Eisenberg.
-The scene with Martha and Lois in the latter's apartment was very nice, though needlessly undermined by the reveal of it being MM. What was the point of that? The scene between them and Clark on the farm was also great on its own, but undermined by the trajectory Clark's arc is on.
- Liked Affleck as Batman more here. He was never a bad casting, and he has less to be annoyingly angsty about in this.

Despite my list of complains, it's still a list of stuff out of FOUR HOURS of content, and overall I'd consider it a win for Snyder. I'd give it a solid 7/10

I've watched the film twice now. My perspective of the film hasn't really changed all that much. I though it was a good film and step up from Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and TC of Justice League. There are few plot holes in the film and certain scenes that I felt where unnecessary or just where to long and could been shorten.

I think ZSJL is glowing example of why they should have given Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg their own films before doing Justice League. So much of that film could been cut down if they had done so.

I give the film 7/10 that's about the most I can give it.

Marvel fans can convince me all they want that Avengers Infinity War is better than ZSJL, but for me personally, I don’t care. ZSJL has Darkseid materialising out of rock and molten metal, and the Earth reassembling under Flash’s feet, and the coolest Aquaman ever impaling and lifting Steppenwolf into the air, and it’s all awesome AF, and something I’d much rather watch over Thanos talking to green Zoe Saldana and Nebula, who we’re supposed to care about for some reason.

To each their own...I just watched Infinity War and Endgame (for the first time, lol..I had given up on comic book films after BvS and JL's reception).

So I watched Zack's vision before IW and Endgame xD Anyways, I thought they were all great in their own respects.

Marvel had the opportunity to build up lot of their characters and story lines, and so the payoff was much more impactful (and I say that as a DC guy). DC could have done that same, had WB been a bit more patient (didn't even need solo movies for every character either).

As for Darkseid vs Thanos....MCU Thanos was definitely the more compelling villain. Darkseid was never all that compelling or easy to empathize with, Darkseid just is :cwink:

I am of the opinion that best villains are ones who truly believe they are right - MoS Zod, MCU Thanos belong to that category, but simply terrifying/evil villains like Darkseid also have their place.

I think my overall disconnect with Snyder's filmmaking is that he tries to make every single moment The. Most. Awesome. And. Epic. Thing. Ever.

I can understand why some fans dig that, but for me I think it usually ends up having the opposite effect and kind of numbs me out. IE when everything is awesome, nothing is. Especially drawn out over a 4 hour runtime.

I also think the Nightmare epilogue takes a massive dump all over all the supposed optimism of the previous 3 1/2 hours, especially with regards to Superman's return. I really think Snyder had poor ideas for Superman, particularly for a guy who wanted to make FIVE movies with him. Those things leave kind of a sour aftertaste for me.

Despite these major fundamental issues I have with it, I still give it something like a 7-7.5/10. On the merits of it being a singular vision for better or worse and just the sheer amazement that it exists against all odds. It's certainly better than the theatrical cut and I'm glad we got to see it. And I did really enjoy the Flash sequences. Finally a use of slow-mo for Snyder that actually worked for me.

As someone who thought the idea of a Snyder cut was quite stupid and pointless, I'm happy to be proven wrong. It wasn't the heights of Endgame or Spider-man Into The Spider-Verse, but it's EASILY the best film from the DCEU/Snyderverse. This movie managed to be fun without being silly, serious without being dreary, and action-packed without being mindless.

I do feel like a little could have been cut out of it to make a tighter film, but for the format in which is debuted, this was perfect. So, from a cynic Marvel guy who hated the Snyderverse, I give it a solid 8.

It actually left me wanting to see more, whereas Joss's cut left me thankful it was over.

7.5. Easily head and shoulders above the theatrical release.
I hated flash in the TC but I actually liked him in this. Same with cyborg.
I still hate this Lex tho, and always will.
I just can't take him serious.

The Avengers Final Battle is still a little better for some reason.

Maybe because the whole public was seeing the Avengers in action while no one saw that the JL actually saved the world.

Maybe it’s because daytime battle is better than nighttime battle.

You just cant compare the Avengers--any of the Avengers movies to ZSJL. They are literally two completely different things. They both have similar mission statements: movies about assembling a team of superheroes to save the world against aliens. But the way each go about it is so wildly different and target and stimulate different parts of your brain that its almost impossible to compare.

I have finally, finally watched the Snyder cut and I'm glad I finally got the chance to see it.

I have no idea where to begin. So much to take in, and I'm so overwhelmed. Well in another sense, I'm actually underwhelmed. So much to get into obviously with its very long runtime. I don't want to forget anything. But where to I start? Did I love it? Well...how can I elaborate? I would say I feel very close to loving it. It is close. Is it better than the Joss Whedon version? Well...yes. I cannot argue with that. Having said that though, I thought this film had so much more potential to be the best.

Did I think it was the greatest? Not really. Did I expect more? After seeing the trailers, and knowing we wouldn't see Superman come back in his classic suit, my expectations for this film lowered. So in a way, I was already prepared not to be overly-excited.

I have been very critical of Man of Steel but especially Batman v Superman in the past. (No, the Martha thing didn't bother me, no, it was everything else in between, not counting its few cool moments such as Wonder Woman) Regardless of how I viewed Zack Snyder as a filmmaker, I was always advocating to see his true vision of Justice League, and after 4 years, we finally got to see it. Did it live up to the anticipation? For me, I'd say just almost. I have been a hardcore DC fan all my life, but even bigger Superman fan.

I always thought Snyder had potential to make a great DC film, but did I think Justice League reached his full potential? No, but I'd say perhaps that Snyder only achieved the bare minimum. I may have more receptive of this film being potentially the best DC film--or even superhero film--if not for Superman's lack of presence. His presence and even his lack of presence had an even smaller impact than it did in the Whedon version. As I afraid as I am to admit it, Superman's presence and lack of presence was more significant in the Whedon version.

I can't say much about Superman's role in this movie, because he is barely in it. His screen time was probably even shorter than it was in Josstice League. Compared to the Whedon cut, Superman only says one line in the entire final battle sequence. If there was anything I liked about the theatrical version, it was that Superman did have character interactions with Cyborg, Flash and Batman. Superman spoke.

In this film, Superman is essentially the Justice League's version of the Hulk. No real character development. He was just there to smash things up and kick Steppenwolf's ass.

If this film had given Superman a larger role in this story, I think this could potentially have been the greatest DC film of all time, fully embracing the DCEU. Of the few scenes Superman was in however, I did enjoy it.

Still to this day, after having watched Snyder's Justice League, I am not entirely sure Snyder cares enough about Superman in comparison to the other characters which he did work on building their arcs. But in both versions, we don't see the world reacting to Superman's return from the dead, or getting any real impact. Unlike the Whedon version, we don't see that much of the world mourning over Superman's death, whereas in the Whedon cut, we did. That was a big problem for me. By contrast however, it almost felt as though Superman didn't need to be in Snyder's Justice League at all. He is seldom ever mentioned in the movie. But all we really got to see was Superman beating the crap out of Steppenwolf. Although it wasn't emphasized so much, it was as if Superman was key to stopping Steppenwolf, but why couldn't Superman have been in the movie longer? The film didn't really touch on why "the world needs Superman". As I kept arguing about Snyder, the way he criticizes Superman--or we could call it, "constructive criticism" that Superman is a character who "notoriously does not grow"--killing Jimmy Olsen off--not sure how much Snyder truly respects Superman. We see Superman fight and use his heat vision, but not to mention--Superman cut Steppenwolf's right horn off his head with his heat vision.but there's so much more to the character than just his physical strength. We saw Wonder Woman being a symbol of hope and comforting all the school girls at in the terrorist attack scene. Snyder just won't show us a scene like that with Superman in Justice League?

But let me go over the good things again. Out of all three of Snyder's films in the DCEU, I think Justice League was by far his best. Things that improved for me was the soundtrack. Well I didn't think it was the greatest, albeit, better than Danny Elfman's lame score. Having said that though, I thought Wonder Woman's new theme with the ancient Persian operatic singing was overused. I didn't dislike it, but it just felt like sometimes, if not always--every time Wonder Woman would appear in another shot, you would hear that exact theme again. Exact same theme, same tone, but no variant. It just felt redundant.

Other things that were an improvement over the Whedon cut--Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman's had more back stories. Steppenwolf having a bigger backstory made a huge difference in this film. His costume design made him look more threatening and intimidating. The fight in the tunnel was so much better, I actually enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy the same sequence in the original theatrical cut. I didn't expect I would like it more in the Snyder cut. That wowed me. Steppenwolf was not a cardboard villain like he was in the original theatrical cut, and actually had real motivation this time. He didn't say generic things like "primitive beings".

Things that didn't work...well honestly, the reshoots. As much as I did actually enjoy the Knightmare part II scenes, it didn't seem to have a place in this film. Both of Martian Manhunter's scenes didn't seem to have an important part in this film either. There was almost no need for it.

If I would have changed anything, Superman should have returned during the middle of the movie. The league should have put his black suit on his body before resurrecting him with the mother box, thinking it might help Clark remember, in order to avoid confusion. Then that could have later led to Superman going back to the ancient scout-ship like he does in the movie, only this time, putting on his classic suit. However, definite additional scenes would have needed for the final battle that actually features more Superman. I mean even Superman lifting that building with civilians from the theatrical cut wasn't bad. Superman needed to have dialogue. He needed to shine. He was in the final battle for possibly just 2 minutes and said almost nothing except for "Not impressed"--compare that to the number of lines he had in the Whedon version. But so much for bringing Superman back from the dead only to have a few more lines.

Wrapping up. I enjoyed this film, but it lacked Superman. After giving Snyder three chances though, I conclude that I don't think Zack Snyder was the best filmmaker to helm the DCEU or Superman. This film is somewhat mediocre and could have been better. It was the best of his three films, but ultimately I don't think Snyder reached its full potential, but Snyder's Justice League is still better than the original theatrical version, despite the lack of Superman. I wouldn't mind seeing Snyder's films possibly get a continuation, although I'm iffy about what Snyder planned for its sequels. I hope the DCEU can at least continue where Snyder left off. Keep the same actors at least. But just Superman aside, Snyder seems to want to make these characters very dark. I mean Wonder Woman actually kills one of the terrorists, or all of them. She punches one one of them with the head hitting the wall splattered in blood. I mean she does kill, but like that...or cutting heads off (like in his original intended version with in the Crimson war photo?)

7.5 out of 10. Cyborg was the heart and soul of the movie, but I think Superman should have been instead, then that way, I think this film might have actually worked better. While it's slightly mentioned that the world is mourning over Superman--we don't see enough of that. Bruce remarks that he made Clark a promise, and that the world needs Superman...but it didn't seem that central to the plot. Cyborg got most of the spotlight, but all Superman really did was show up and finish Steppenwolf single-handedly.

Last edited:
Finally watched this today. I'm glad I did because it's definitely an improvement on the truly awful TC.

I wish there had been more Superman but appreciate Henry Cavill probably wasn't available to film additional scenes so they had to make do with what they had.

I really liked how we got a lot more backstory to Victor and Barry completely leveled up in this cut. That scene of him running and turning back time was emotional. Just perfect. I'm hyped for his solo movie.

Anyway, worth watching if only to wash the taste of the TC out of my mouth. This is canon now.

You just cant compare the Avengers--any of the Avengers movies to ZSJL. They are literally two completely different things. They both have similar mission statements: movies about assembling a team of superheroes to save the world against aliens. But the way each go about it is so wildly different and target and stimulate different parts of your brain that its almost impossible to compare.
I don’t know about “impossible”. In basic terms they’re all the same plot. The details and tone etc is what separates them but it’s very easy to compare. Especially with this one being Zack’s funniest. At the end of the day they’re easy to compare a superhero team up movie with gags and sci fi madness, aliens taking over and then getting destroyed by the hero. They defeat the baddie, they celebrate or pose, an inspirational closer. They all exist in the same stew.

Yeah theyre not that dissimilar

finally made it through this and, imo, was it an improvement? Definitely. Was it good? Eh, not entirely.

I thought the plot was as basic as you get, the dialogue was terrible, and a lot of the vfx left something to be desired. A lot of the casting is still off, especially affleck and miller, the bad guy was nothing special and darkseid looked off. And while a very small thing, i still cant get over how much I loathe jesse eisenberg as lex, like one of the worst pieces of casting in the history of adaptations.

I will say Snyder can make a pretty picture, and the characters definitely got a lot more room to grow. And everything with Superman was pretty great. But it still feels like a much less successful team origin film than avengers. Its like wb just wanted to skip over all that origin stuff and get right on to movie 2.. which CAN work, but requires a very deft storyteller to pull it off, and Snyder is not that.

6.5/10 for me, an improvement on the theatrical release, and better than most dceu movies, but nowhere near the dark knight or most marvel films

Last edited:
I only vaguely remember the TC, so I mostly watched this as its own thing rather than as a comparison exercise. I enjoyed most of it and would agree that some of the stuff they added was pretty cool, a handful scenes actually excellent. I like the huge scope and the strong focus on the different cultures of the DC Universe, like the Atlanteans and Amazons, which would’ve been a big waste if left unexplored. The fact that long parts of the movie are about those civilizations entirely, not a Justice Leaguer in sight. The world-building, the Amazon rituals, etc. Felt like the right way to go about it.

They came through in making Cyborg the “heart” of the film and thought the way they visually explained his powers, the bank hacking in particular, was fantastic, and it made him a more interesting character than I expected. And just when I wondered, “Is that it with Cyborg?” they added the great “My broken boy” scene, which worked nicely as an arc closure. Ray Fisher got a little samey with the brooding, but he has very strong moments here and there. I’d read some people thought Flash was grating… but I really liked him, and Ezra in the role. I’d probably say he’s my favorite of the whole team and I came out of the film actually excited for his solo film. He’s endearing, and the fact that it’s him who saves the day is just gravy. His costume, which I meh’d hard back in the day, has grown on me big time. His rescue of Iris, the shoes coming apart, that was really fun. All of the musical moments, for that matter. You can say it’s Zack Snyder being self-indulgent, but they feel like a fun way to play with superheroes, juxtaposing them with music. I loved that in Watchmen, really liked it here.

I’d also read that Superman was barely in it… but I don’t know, he was in it as much as I expected. It’s the same Superman from MOS and BVS, the same acting choices, but I liked the Smallville stuff, the throwbacks (the swing!), the awesome little scene with the butterfly and the finger acting. When Martha gets out of the car, sees him alive and runs to him, that gave me legit goosebumps.

There are good scenes at regular intervals, but the film also feels a little dead for quite a while, I think because so much of it is based on the Mother Boxes plot. You’re always gonna have that expository stuff, but at 4 hours, I think they could have diversified their focus a little at the script stage. Lois Lane, for instance, how fun would it have been for her to be much more involved, practically a Justice Leaguer herself in everything but the fights (Snyder’s idea to have Bruce fall for her might have actually worked well, as long as it was unreciprocated and he never made a move). With the decision to resurrect Superman, maybe having them focus on the implications of bringing him back to life, like the Deathly Hallows tale from Harry Potter. Do we have the right awaken from their rest? How does Martha Kent feel about it, let’s ask her! That would have been fun. But I did appreciate the creepily poignant, poignantly creepy moment when he’s removed from the casket and you never see his face. I agree that some of the visual choices are a bit bland. To the non-comic crowd, Darkseid must have looked like an extra-forgettable God Of War extra. Steppenwolf looks better here for sure, but if you have Ciaran Hinds playing him, why not use his great villain face? Or maybe his actual voice, without the digital gravel. That they’re alien doesn’t mean they all have to sound like the Hulk.

As a trilogy capper, I don’t know if this achieves a revelatory conclusion for Superman’s arc, especially if you don’t discuss further the issue of him going evil, or him finding out about that possible future and being scared ****less about it, or proving that he’s determined to prevent it, or whatever. Like I read on someone’s review here, he ends the film feeling like a liability. The Martha Manhunter scene, that was ****ing terrible. The reveal, not the talk with Lois. Retconning Swanwick into being MM is just ill-conceived fanservice, but I’d assume that if they’d been able to reshoot everything they wanted, they would have picked a better moment.

Overall, I did enjoy the Snyder Cut and appreciate the beauty of him being able to finish it, given that it was such a personal thing, and a happy ending, I hope, to what must have been a very painful process. Don’t know if it’s the most rewatchable of his three, but I think it's his best, characters-wise. 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"