Justice League Junkie XL scoring Zack Snyder’s JL

I was listening to "We Do This Together" aka the Tunnel Battle music this morning and Sweet Christmas that music is just :hmr::hmr:.

I love the music in this movie so damn much.

it is the perfect soundtrack for when you getting pumped to beat on some parademon ass.

Good music but the constant Greek humming and singing were particularly stupid

You know what, it REALLY grew on me. It annoyed me on the first watch but in listening to the score more and upon second watch I've grown to really like the "Ancient lamentation" cues.

I honestly think this film was better off without Zimmer. I’m not knocking Zimmer but I feel his involvement in BvS was kind of mixed and he tends to repeat himself across scores. I wasn’t impressed with his WW84 score either. I think Junkie freshened JL up but also kept it familiar.

I honestly think this film was better off without Zimmer. I’m not knocking Zimmer but I feel his involvement in BvS was kind of mixed and he tends to repeat himself across scores. I wasn’t impressed with his WW84 score either. I think Junkie freshened JL up but also kept it familiar.

Completely agreed, I think Junkie XL and Snyder are in sync with each other creatively and it shows in the how well the music flows with the visuals.

knowing that holkenborg had to compose a 4 hour movie soundtrack with less time compared to usual -- i think he did an overall really good job.

he actually gave a damn.

It's a shame we were deprived of the opportunity to listen to his original score before a good chunk went to other film projects. While I can't speak to the difference in quality for obvious reasons, it stands to reason that the more time-consuming effort would have yielded better results.

It's a shame we were deprived of the opportunity to listen to his original score before a good chunk went to other film projects. While I can't speak to the difference in quality for obvious reasons, it stands to reason that the more time-consuming effort would have yielded better results.

I think I remember hearing Junkie saying that the TC score was a lot more vanilla.

I was listening to "We Do This Together" aka the Tunnel Battle music this morning and Sweet Christmas that music is just :hmr::hmr:.

I love the music in this movie so damn much.
Just wish it had included the variation of Is She With You in there. Ah well, just have to wait for the complete score to leak :p

^ people pointing out parts of this sounds like the JL animated series theme.

wonder if it was intentional on junkie xl's part or was it just a happy coincidence.

^ people pointing out parts of this sounds like the JL animated series theme.

wonder if it was intentional on junkie xl's part or was it just a happy coincidence.

He ripped it and forgot, hey it’s a seven hour soundtrack, mistakes happen :funny:

I wonder which one is more annoying, playing the ancient thing every time she appears on screen, or WW Tina Guo theme every time she appears.

the bit when she threw the bomb is different and I liked it a lot, wish Tom would have used it more changed it up throughout the film

I think the film would have benefited from Zimmer’s input, just a little heroic sound here and there would do, like the stuff he did for Inception, MOS, TDK etc, to improve the impression for the audience on the sound, in saying that the main theme Tom did was fine and it grew on me throughout the film

Funny thing is my daughter has been listening to WW84 a lot since we saw it in cinema, and to my surprise I feel his apprentice did a better job with the original WW film, more emotions and epicness at the right times, whereas WW84 had some good bits but mostly pretty generic loud Zimmer sound, and lacks emotion, and the emotional bits are either not in the soundtrack (a beautiful lie), or it’s recycled from Sunshine, X-Men and Kick Ass (Big Daddy ahh~)

My daughter’s annual obsession went from Sunflower (2018) to Phantom of Opera (2020) now WW84 :funny:

Re watching the farm scene and i cant help but feel like the score is so generic in it. Why no Lois and Clark theme? I love that theme.

The only part of the score that slightly disappointed me--and funny enough this isn't on the 4 hr soundtrack-- is the first flight 2.0 music where Junkie remixed "What are you going to do when you're not saving the world?" I dont know if it was the sound mixing or what but the score during that scene seemed so muted when it should have been powerful as Superman flew off. I was so looking forward to hearing that piece in this movie and then when it plays its underwhelming. Anyone else feel that way?

The only part of the score that slightly disappointed me--and funny enough this isn't on the 4 hr soundtrack-- is the first flight 2.0 music where Junkie remixed "What are you going to do when you're not saving the world?" I dont know if it was the sound mixing or what but the score during that scene seemed so muted when it should have been powerful as Superman flew off. I was so looking forward to hearing that piece in this movie and then when it plays its underwhelming. Anyone else feel that way?
Big time. So dissapointed overall with how flight 2.0 went.
I wasnt expecting a full montage like man of steel but just one shot of him flying up into a pose? With only one little sonic boom? Come onnn

Come on guys, Zack had a self imposed 4 hour mandate :funny:

Big time. So dissapointed overall with how flight 2.0 went.
I wasnt expecting a full montage like man of steel but just one shot of him flying up into a pose? With only one little sonic boom? Come onnn

Glad its not just me. First Flight 2.0 didnt feel as epic as the MoS version. Too quick and the music wasnt nearly as riveting and wonderous as in MoS.

Last edited:
Should have changed it up with some of Rupert’s score from WW2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"