Jurassic Park IV - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd, they need to continue. I need more dinosaurs! Just take a ques from Avatar; make the film about adventure and amazing visuals, not action. (That is, except the overly dramatic and qlichéd military in Avatar, that we can do without.)

I've said it before, but THIS is what Jurassic Park is about, THIS is where the franchise's value lies:
[YT]PJlmYh27MHg[/YT]

Awesome stuff. There are still so many scenes that hold up so well, amazing movie. I still remember being blown away watching this movie in the theater.

I've said it before, but THIS is what Jurassic Park is about, THIS is where the franchise's value lies:
[YT]PJlmYh27MHg[/YT]
And the even more epic version:

[YT]-w-58hQ9dLk[/YT]

And the even more epic version:

[YT]-w-58hQ9dLk[/YT]

i'm%20going%20to%20have%20kill%20you%20for%20this.preview.jpg

Why is Universal dragging their collective feet on the director hiring?

I really don't see what the big problem with The Lost World is. As mentioned the book is waaaaaaaay better than the movie, but I didn't think the movie was terrible. It does drag a little and have a silly end and it's obviously no where near as good as the first one, but I way prefer it over JP 3. JP 3 is too silly for me, by the time the army shows up at the end I could hardly take it anymore.

yeah, don't understand the complaints when jurassic park 3 exists lol

Gawd, they need to continue. I need more dinosaurs! Just take a ques from Avatar; make the film about adventure and amazing visuals, not action. (That is, except the overly dramatic and qlichéd military in Avatar, that we can do without.)

[YT]PJlmYh27MHg[/YT]

A lion in NYC would be sedated by cops or animal handlers in a matter of minutes, or shot if the situation called for it. And "a lion 10x more powerful" just confirms the delusion that prehistoric animals were some kind of video game-ish monsters. They were not.

I agree. However no disrespect meant, but "a lion 10x more powerful" would be an understatement. Again, no disrespect, but, how much do you know about the advanced killing machine that was the Tyrannosaurus Rex, do you? it was more than just a big dinosaur. It was the most evolved, carnivorous dinosaur ever, and arguably, aside from man, the greatest predator to walk the earth.

Yes, against today's technology, the police or a swat team could stop it. But to say that "a lion 10x more powerful" is delusion, is actually wrong, because those words are actually an understatement

I really hope they do the Trex justice in the new film, I'm really excited to see what route they're going to go for storywise.

Anyone else worried they will go with the new "more accurate" look for the dinos?

teeewrecksrevorution252.jpg

Last edited:
I have low expectations for the film. While the inner kid inside of me is excited at the prospect of another two-hour installment of dinosaur spectacle, the critic remains unthawed.

The film requires a really good screenwriter(s), since the preceding trilogy descended in quality with each film (and note: while The Lost World is my favorite of the films, I have to acknowledge that the narrative has a lot of holes, in addition to a grotesque lack of logic/continuity. Such as: if Sarah Harding was a wildlife expert, why was she still carrying her vest that was stained with blood? Or, if Roland was a big-game hunter, why was his gun held upwards, so that rain could descend into the barrels?)

Anyone else worried they will go with the new "more accurate" look for the dinos?

teeewrecksrevorution252.jpg

Call me crazy...but I don't hate that. I will say though, I like the idea of saying that the dinosaurs lost a lot of the feathered features because of the amphibian DNA used to plug the holes. After all, I figure in reality, any dinosaur cloned via those methods would qualify as a dinosaur, but it wouldn't be the same creature that lived 65 million years ago.

It still breaks my heart to think the Rex looked like that, and that velociraptors are chicken sized, not the actual Utahraptors as used in the movies. :csad:

I think they would stick with the look that they've already established. I think they know that's what the general public is going to expect from Jurassic Park and they wouldn't want to throw anyone like they did with JP3.

At least, that's my hope.

Wouldnt put it past them, like you said with the Raptors in JP3. A large departure from the first films with NO explanation what-so-ever

JURASSIC PARK 4 TO SHOOT IN BATON ROUGE?

Universal Studios appears poised to bring one monster of a film project to Baton Rouge this spring -- and that monster could very well be a dinosaur. "Jurassic Park 4," the long-gestating next chapter in the studio's iconic dinosaurs-run-amok sci-fi franchise, appears to be circling the city as a potential shooting site.

Officials at NBC/Universal didn't respond to a request for comment today (March 12), which is in keeping with the tight-lipped nature of the production. (The studio hasn't even announced a director for the project yet, despite a targeted June 2014 release). And last month, in response to an inquiry from a fan, "Jurassic Park 4" producer Frank Marshall Tweeted, "No decisions have been made regarding where we are shooting."

But an official at Baton Rouge's Raleigh Studios -- where Universal shot both last year's "Battleship" and the forthcoming Tom Cruise sci-fi actioner "Oblivion" -- confirmed that Universal has reserved space at Raleigh from April to November of this year.

That Raleigh official, director of studio operations Patrick Mulhearn, was not in a position to reveal the name of the project for which the stage space was reserved, although he did caution that it's never safe to consider a film project a done deal until cameras start rolling.

"We have a great relationship with NBC/Uni and really appreciate that they trusted us with both 'Battleship' and 'Oblivion' in the past," Mulhearn said this afternoon, "and we are glad they are considering bringing more production work to Baton Rouge in the near future, whatever that may be. But nothing is confirmed at this point, and I guess you never really know until the office opens and they start building sets."

Louisiana Entertainment honcho Chris Stelly said the state has yet to receive official notice from Universal regarding the project, adding that such a high-profile shoot would be more than welcome. "If this production does decide to come to our state, we welcome them as yet another great addition to our growing canon," Stelly said. "I know that the state and city of Baton Rouge, through the great efforts of Mayor (Kip) Holden, would be perfect hosts for a picture of prehistoric proportions."

Internet rumors that "Jurassic Park 4" was eyeballing Baton Rouge have taken off in the past few weeks, although none have come from sources that would be considered credible. News of Universal's reservation at Raleigh, however, suddenly gives credence to the possibility.

Further adding weight to the chances of "Jurassic Park 4" in Baton Rouge: Universal recently filed paperwork with the Louisiana Secretary of State's Corporations Section changing the name of Cirque Investments LLC -- under which it shot 2009's "Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant" in New Orleans -- to Ebb Tide Films. It's unclear if "Ebb Tide" is a subtitle for "Jurassic Park 4" or an all together unrelated project.

At any rate, Universal appears to be gearing up to shoot something big in Baton Rouge this year.

http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ss...ba.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SPIELBERG RE-CONFIRMS THAT HE WON'T BE DIRECTING JP4:

COLLIDER:...Since no questions about Jurassic Park 4 came up, I caught up with Spielberg after the conference, in case he had finally decided to reveal something.

THE BEARD: “I don’t want to talk about Jurassic Park 4 yet – it’s too early – but I can tell you that I’m not directing it. I’m producing it though.”

COLLIDER: One more attempt to coax more out of the director: Will Jurassic Park 4 be a reboot or a sequel and will it be released to mark the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park?

THE BEARD: “I can’t say. I will when the time is right, but for now I can’t talk about it.”

http://collider.com/steven-spielberg-lincoln-tintin-sequels-jurassic-park-4-interview/137598/

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if it's Matthew Vaughn or Gore Verbinski. Though one's flakey and the other one tends to go over-budget..

Last edited:
Colin Trevorrow To Helm ‘Jurassic Park 4′ For Universal And Steven Spielberg

Colin Trevorrow, who made his feature directorial debut on the no-budget Sundance pic Safety Not Guaranteed, is about to make a Tyrannosaurus Rex-sized leap in scale for his next film. He has been set by Universal Pictures to helm Jurassic Park 4, the third sequel to the dinosaur franchise hatched from Michael Crichton’s novel. Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes scribes Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver have written the script. Frank Marshall is producing with Patrick Crowley, and Steven Spielberg is executive producer. This is Spielberg’s baby, and he got this giant franchise going by directing the first two films. This is a big piece of business for Universal and Spielberg; their last Jurassic Park picture was released in 2001, directed by Joe Johnston.

Trevorrow made his jump to features on Safety Not Guaranteed, which FilmDistrict released and which grossed $4 million. He’s making a humungous step up in every way by joining a franchise which, in three films, has grossed nearly $2 billion worldwide, with Universal preparing a theatrical re-release of the first film in 3D on April 5.

Why Trevorrow? He met with the studio and filmmakers, and they felt he was a good match for the material, having grown up a huge fan of the trilogy and part of a new generation of directors steeped in all things dinosaur. They felt he would preserve and protect the characters in the story they created.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/col...ic-park-4-for-universal-and-steven-spielberg/

Last edited:
So this was the "beloved franchise" he would try not to eff up!

Ive never heard of Colin Trevorrow so I suppose I'll have to go watch his film, thought I'm going to admit I was hoping for a bigger name to be attached to this. I guess in reality no one with any reputation wants to direct a 4th film in a long dead franchise.

Wasn't Rupert Wyatt a nobody when he signed on for Rise of the Planet of the Apes? It could very well be the case for this film, if Trevorrow is as talented as he is reverent of the JP franchise.

He needs to jump in feet first since filming apparently starts next month.

Ill most definitely give the guy a chance, the choice could of been much much worse. If he's up and coming that means he'll be hungry to show people what he can do. I know some will disagree with me but I loved what Webb did with ASM and he was a director of the same level, so I may actually be excited about this.

Ah I see his film is ready to stream on Netflix, guess I'll watch it now and give it a shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"