Just... just wow.

If she really followed the Bible, she would know that God hates the sin and not the sinner - and that we are to love one another. This woman is sick.

How can one person be so clearly owned by both Hannity AND Colmes in such a short time span?

Oh, that's right, she's Fred Phelps's daughter, and she's an inbred loon.

NHawk19 said:
That lady is a nut. . . I might not agree with a war but I would never disrespect those who served with honor in life or death.

i agree.i'm not for the war but if i were to respect one thing about it it's the soldiers who deserve respect. whether you are for the war or not.

Mentok said:
Oh God... I agree with FOX NEWS :(

The world is going to end.

the one time i agree with fox news as well. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth :(

ShirleyPhelpsRoper.jpg

The face of inbreeding

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Thing is though, without excusing her childish display of cruelty, her beliefs are completely accurate Biblically. The God of the Bible is very clear about the torments he'll send to the wicked in the last days, and that includes Jesus and New Testament writings.

Thing is though, that The Bible was written by people. God didn't write it up and fax it on down, you know. Think about it... people today are nowhere near as religious as they were back then. Their world revolved around religion. Seriously, what else was there to do? Build a sand castle, take a bath in a lake, work, check out an execution, and talk about religion. It's no wonder the God of The Bible goes from destroying cities and cursing the people he created to forgiving everything and loving all people and sending a savior, and back and forth all over the board. I guarantee The Bible would be completely different, if in existence at all, had they had iPods and electric drumsets back then:spidey:.

Addendum said:
ShirleyPhelpsRoper.jpg

The face of inbreeding

i thought eliza dushku and desmond harrington killed her ass two years ago???

wow, just...wow
just, wow...wow
just,...wow. just...
wow. wow. just...
just, just...wow

K we got 'em all.

If we're not limited to 3 words I can make a whole lot more...

What a *****! The families of the dead soldiers ought to kick the **** out of those lunatics.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
wow, just...wow
just, wow...wow
just,...wow. just...
wow. wow. just...
just, just...wow

K we got 'em all.

You forgot

wow, just...just...

Carter said:
She has so many lawyers, she'd sue your pants off.
It's the only reason she's not dead.

That's why you wear masks and then run the hell away. That or say that you did do it, you're guilty and proud of it.

hippie_hunter said:
That's why you wear masks and then run the hell away. That or say that you did do it, you're guilty and proud of it.
And then recieve a round of applause.

hippie_hunter said:

Yeah, I'd be the second one. I'd actually rather just unleash a firehose on her. None of the things she hates really apply to me either. In fact, I'm her image of a perfect person. On the other hand, my best friend is gay, my favorite teacher is a jewish convert, my late grandfather fought in World War Two and liberated a few concentraition camps, my cousins are catholic, my dad was a soldier and I know people who died in the twin towers. So, this video made me more angry than I have been in a while. For the first time in my life, I understand what it means for there not to be words to fit a certain thing. If I met her, I couldn't think of words strong enough to fit my feelings.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Her smile!

She reminds me of that old preacher in Poltergeist 2. Terrifying to share a planet with a psycho like that. Whoo

Thing is though, without excusing her childish display of cruelty, her beliefs are completely accurate Biblically. The God of the Bible is very clear about the torments he'll send to the wicked in the last days, and that includes Jesus and New Testament writings.
Uh...negative. God may have layed down some serious wrath...but the New Testament freed man from the law. Not to metion we are called to live our lives modeled after Christ...pretty sure he never ran around doing this kind of stuff or any similar kind of hate mongering.

I don't think there are enough words to properly describe how blatantly obscene this church's point of view is... sorry, but if God exists I'm sure He'd want this family to enjoy all of the beauty He created. I can understand interpreting scripture a certain way and thinking you are doing God's work by spreading your interpretation around, but don't these people realize they are doing more harm than good? What can possibly be helpful about desecrating the memorial of a loved one?

I'm not going to say that they were protesting against an "innocent" soldier, because there IS a small chance he was one of the soldiers who tortured and executed civilians over in Iraq, or committed other sins during his lifetime. But assuming for the moment that he was a young, fresh-faced farmboy who signed up for the Army instead of shovelling mud for a living, who are these people to say his death was the wrath of God? If they are saying that soldiers are being killed because God is punishing innocents for the crimes of a few, what purpose is there to spreading this message at a military funeral? If anything's going to damn us all, it will be the hate-inspired messages of religious fundamentalists, be they Islamic extremists or Baptist church-goers from the Midwest.

I hope I'm not coming off as religious, because in actuality I don't have a defined faith, like most of you, I would assume. I don't believe you need to go to church or read scripture or pray every night to live a "sin"-free life. We all know the essence of living well and pure, right? Be honest, spread good-will, help those in need, etc. etc. Nobody's perfect. Big deal. I'm not going to go to Hell just because I have premarital sex, or that I take the Lord's name in vain. Why? Because I'm not a bad person. GOD HATES YOU. Yeah. Why don't you keep telling me what God thinks, since you two seem to be so close, you crazy b_tch.

Like I said before, I'm sure God would rather you be enjoying the life He gave you instead of sitting on your knees begging Him for more. These are people who live their lives based on a series of words that have been around for 2 thousand years. Don't you think, maybe, since the world's changed a wee bit, that the IMPORTANT messages might've been lost? So 2000 years ago, sodomy was a sin. When you ask someone why, they'll say "cause it's in the Bible!" Well, why was it in the Bible? "Because God said so!" Right. The closest thing we have as a society to the word of God is the 10 Commandments, and I don't even place a lot of faith in the whole "Moses went up on a hill and talked to God and was told to write down 10 pretty obvious sins". Give me a break. "Thou shalt not kill." No sh_t, sherlock. It's a good thing you got a voice from on-high to tell you that one.

I do think it's interesting that she didn't answer the final question posed to her: what ARE her sins, do you think? Besides hubris, inflicting pain on others, and quite probably spreading a wrong interpretation of God's message. "GOD HATES ****"... so why would He give them life? Oh, right, I forgot. Homosexuality's a choice. Stupid me.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents about religion... please, let me know your thoughts.

But yeah: wow... just... just wow.

Halcohol said:
I don't think there are enough words to properly describe how blatantly obscene this church's point of view is... sorry, but if God exists I'm sure He'd want this family to enjoy all of the beauty He created. I can understand interpreting scripture a certain way and thinking you are doing God's work by spreading your interpretation around, but don't these people realize they are doing more harm than good? What can possibly be helpful about desecrating the memorial of a loved one?

I'm not going to say that they were protesting against an "innocent" soldier, because there IS a small chance he was one of the soldiers who tortured and executed civilians over in Iraq, or committed other sins during his lifetime. But assuming for the moment that he was a young, fresh-faced farmboy who signed up for the Army instead of shovelling mud for a living, who are these people to say his death was the wrath of God? If they are saying that soldiers are being killed because God is punishing innocents for the crimes of a few, what purpose is there to spreading this message at a military funeral? If anything's going to damn us all, it will be the hate-inspired messages of religious fundamentalists, be they Islamic extremists or Baptist church-goers from the Midwest.

I hope I'm not coming off as religious, because in actuality I don't have a defined faith, like most of you, I would assume. I don't believe you need to go to church or read scripture or pray every night to live a "sin"-free life. We all know the essence of living well and pure, right? Be honest, spread good-will, help those in need, etc. etc. Nobody's perfect. Big deal. I'm not going to go to Hell just because I have premarital sex, or that I take the Lord's name in vain. Why? Because I'm not a bad person. GOD HATES YOU. Yeah. Why don't you keep telling me what God thinks, since you two seem to be so close, you crazy b_tch.

Like I said before, I'm sure God would rather you be enjoying the life He gave you instead of sitting on your knees begging Him for more. These are people who live their lives based on a series of words that have been around for 2 thousand years. Don't you think, maybe, since the world's changed a wee bit, that the IMPORTANT messages might've been lost? So 2000 years ago, sodomy was a sin. When you ask someone why, they'll say "cause it's in the Bible!" Well, why was it in the Bible? "Because God said so!" Right. The closest thing we have as a society to the word of God is the 10 Commandments, and I don't even place a lot of faith in the whole "Moses went up on a hill and talked to God and was told to write down 10 pretty obvious sins". Give me a break. "Thou shalt not kill." No sh_t, sherlock. It's a good thing you got a voice from on-high to tell you that one.

I do think it's interesting that she didn't answer the final question posed to her: what ARE her sins, do you think? Besides hubris, inflicting pain on others, and quite probably spreading a wrong interpretation of God's message. "GOD HATES ****"... so why would He give them life? Oh, right, I forgot. Homosexuality's a choice. Stupid me.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents about religion... please, let me know your thoughts.

But yeah: wow... just... just wow.

standing_ovation.jpg

Post of the Mother-Flipping Year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"