Just saw Slither....

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Horrorfan, May 4, 2006.

1. thealiasman2000 Registered

1-Horrorfan, have you ever heard of a little Italian horror director known as Dario Argento?

2-Yes, I also hated the happy ending of "Land of the Dead".

"If we leave the zombies alone, they won't attack us! Can't we all just be friends?"

It was so stupid and un-Romerolike

3-Funny that you think that leaving to a far-off island would work, Horrorfan.

The people in the Dawn remake did exactly that...and they all got killed.

How can you outrun something if it has invaded the entire world, no matter how slow it is?

2. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

This crap where a stranger tells another person that he doesn't REALLY love something has got to go.:down

PERFECTED is a verb. "perfectioned" is not a word. Please now.

3. Horrorfan Registered

All Italian horror movies (argento included) have crappy plot, acting, effects and everything else. I know thats kinda why people like it, but don't even pretend it's a good movie.

Scream, don't worry about it...I noticed a long time ago people who make statements like that usually aren't comfortable with their own opinions so they try to attack others. Just gotta learn to ignore it :)

4. Movies205 Corporate Money

It's your opinion the first part but this part, please read it again. Your basicaly saying anyone who disagrees with you is in denial... Ya......

5. Bat Attack Mirth

The movie grossed me out. I can handle like mutilation and blood and stuff, but mutation grosses me out big time. Blech!

6. Horrorfan Registered

Read it again. I said people who say stuff like 'oh if you dont like ( Directors movie) more than (other movie) then you dont love (insert director name here)' are usually insecure about there own opinions. I didn't say they had to agree with me, so you must have confused yourself.

7. Movies205 Corporate Money

I'm reading your post, and there's none of that in there...

8. GoldGoblin Registered

^Dawn of the Dead 04 was awesome,you don't know what you are talking about.

9. Flexo Registered

I certainly do.

Name one good thing about the new Dawn, hotshot.

10. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

Original Dawn is in my top 5 films ever. I've seen it...50, 60 times, sing along with every note by Goblin, did an awesome synth reworking of the Gonk and looped it for hours when I was drunk, when I was a kid there was a stretch there where I'd pretty much come home from school, pop in DOTD, watch it, re-wind it, watch it again, do something else, go to sleep, go to school, come home, pop in DOTD, etc. And I worked in vain on my dream of a DOTD comic mostly using angles from the movie and studied it insanely to get cool compositions and likenesses.

But New Dawn had a lot of awesome stuff. It even had one part that scared me, and one part that creeped me out. That's aMAzing these days when everything sucks.

I can enjoy it because nothing it does can negate the magic of the real Dawn of the Dead, I can just enjoy it for it's superior make-up/gore and stuff, it doesn't have to be either/or.

11. Movies205 Corporate Money

To each his own, my personal opinion DoD Remake... Has no staying power, it was cool the first time around but watch it again, it's boring and simply not that great.

12. Flexo Registered

Really? The slow motion gunfight between the old lady and the black guy? The baby zombie? Which one of those "gems" was that creepy moment?

13. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

I've watched it 5 times since I bought it. I really love how one minute, home in bed cozy with husband then POW, life over, outside to chaos.
    It was cool to see that wicked gas station explosion from an aerial view, something George could never've afforded to do (and much more stylish than anything he did in Land).

I hate fast zombies of COURSE, but I was stilled creeped out by the way the husband in a split second sensed that he had a better chance of catching the person outside a car and just veered off instantly away from the car with a robotic blood-lust.

I liked the sad dynamic of making friends with the guy in the gun shop who was just across the way but might as well've been on the moon, and though it was seriously flawed, I liked at least the ambition behind the extras part with him, where it's just his video diary as he's losing it, and getting to see how it was inside since they were just hearing it on the radio.

I thought at least that Polley chick was a good "real-life" woman, not a 50's screamer bur also not a compensating, mega-tough S.Weaver wannabe. I thought her acting was amazing.

None of these things killed me while seeing them, I was entertained. At the very least you have to give 'em that it wasn't any House of the Dead or Van Helsing or American Werewolf in Paris, right?

14. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

Uh, neither. Those both sucked. Like I said, I can enjoy the good parts, laugh at the crap. It's just a f***ing MOOvie, dude, not a new religion. :confused:

15. Flexo Registered

Never said it was.

I just have an incredibly hard time believing people enjoyed the movie. There were such horrible bits and it all just seems like a lame knock off used to make a quick buck off the original's fame.

On top of that, I'm still pissed I spent money on it.

16. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

well, if you still think it was a financially motivated knock-off, you're so wrong. All the people in charge are Romero-Heads and knew that it would probably be deemed blasphemous, but it was their dream to make an updated, slicker-looking modern re-working.
    Mis-guided or not, it was definitely a labor of love...however that makes it all the more puzzling that they would have Speedy Gonzalezombies. :confused:

17. Flexo Registered

That made cheetah noises. :confused:

18. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

When there's no more room in Cheetah Hell, the cheetah spirits will inhabit the bodies of those who walk the Earth. It makes all the sense in the world. :confused:

19. GoldGoblin Registered

^The zombies are scarier and more of a threat.

20. Flexo Registered

Not really. After watching the remake one of the biggest disapointments I had with the film was the lack of scares. Heck, Shaun of the Dead made me jump more, plus that had slow zombies.

Running zombies are just a feeble attempt to make the zombie horror genre more edgy.

21. GoldGoblin Registered

^Why would the zombies be slow,there not decomposed bodies from the graveyard,there fresh bodies from people that lived in the city that just died?

22. Horrorfan Registered

For your benefit, cut and paste:

"Scream, don't worry about it...I noticed a long time ago people who make statements like that usually aren't comfortable with their own opinions so they try to attack others. Just gotta learn to ignore it " (in reply to talismans comment that if you dont like dawn original more, you dont love romero). Get it now?

Original dawn is not scary. People in blue paint moaning and staggering?

Yeah ok :up:

People who complain about zombies running are kinda pathetic. Why does there only have to be one type of zombie? Thats not a valid complaint at all......and besides, zombies started off as creatures of voodo, so you could argue romero's 'zombies' aren't zombies at all, if you wanna get anal about it.

Besides how many times have you met a real undead person to say what they can and cant do?

23. GoldGoblin Registered

^:up: :up:

24. thealiasman2000 Registered

1-Slow zombies are macing and imposing, asper the fact that their rotten legs wouldn't allow them to run.

As Danny Boyle pointed out, zombies who run aren't even zombies.

2-George A. Romero is A MASTER OF HORROR.

Is Zack Snyder a Master of Horror? I don't think so?

3-How can a crappy remake made to make aq quick back be better than the trilogy that invented the zombie genre?

What's next? Peter Jackson's "King Kong" being better than the 1933 original?

4-Sarah Polley is a lesbian-wannabe ****y beeyatch, and I hate those.

25. Horrorfan Registered

First- stop doing that whole number-point thing. It's ******ed.

Snyder is not a master of horror....he can actually do movies outside the genre (see 300). And unlike Romero, no disrespect to the man, Snyder has something he doesn't.....REGULAR WORK.

Oh, SNAP.

Slow moving zombies = can be out run. Running zombies = cant.

You say slow moving zombies are dangerous in groups?

Running zombies are dangerous on their own and even more so in groups.

Oh, SNAP.

The new King Kong WAS better than the remake. Again, notice the difference between a film being better, and a film being influencial.

I'm not even sure what the hell you are talking about with Sarah Polley, that made no sense at all...