Just saw the most UNDERRATED film ever, HEAT

A good movie, but not underrated because I remember the critics were mostly positive about it. Maybe people feels it to be underrated because it didn't made a zillion dollars at the box office, but it isn't that kind of movie

Great movie! That's a film I need on dvd.

Poeman said:
Just caught this again, and i was hooked and overwhelmed by the films story and actors.. namely of course Al Pacino and Robert Deniro.. It really has one of the best ensemble casts and the best Character development in any film i have ever seen

that rememorable scene in the diner, the freakin shootout (Best shootouts i have ever seen and one of the longest) and the end while Pacino is holding Deniro's hand and Moby's God Moving over the face of waters plays had me teary eyed.. so powerful and now it creeps into my top 10 which is very hard to do

one of the most underrated films of all time as well for i NEVER HEAR anyone talking about this movie ... Micheal MANN is the FREAKIN MAN!
10/10

189559.1020.A.jpg

Yeah great movie I love it, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro in the same movie, Micheal Mann is good director I seen this twice on DVD I recommend it.

First of all, Michael Mann IMO does not get the repect he deserves at times.

Second of all, hate to burst your bubbles but this famous Pacion/Deniro scene never actually happened both actors filmed the scene at different times and then were put together during editing.

Darthphere said:
Second of all, hate to burst your bubbles but this famous Pacion/Deniro scene never actually happened both actors filmed the scene at different times and then were put together during editing.
HAha. Maybe that's a factor in it's hyped up suckitude.

p.s. I hate it when people say "HATE" to burst your bubble. You know you love doing it. :rolleyes::D

The bubble hasn't been burst. They filmed certain parts together which can be seen in the widescreen version, however some of the scene was not filmed together.

Im talking about that one scene everyone keeps talking about. Do they even have more scenes together? Been a long time since i saw Heat.

The scene in the diner with them talking. At points its them on there own (visually on screen), then the camera pulls back and you can see they are both sitting at the table.

They were never there together man. Seriously, ill find the article on it if you dont believe me.

Ill get on it, while im searching, I remember my dad getting this on VHS and it was like 2 tapes, how long is this movie exactly?

171 mins.

And I found this at ImDb:

Many viewers claim that Deniro and Pacino never (or hardly ever) actually share screen time during the film, despite the hype surrounding the films release as showcasing their first screen appearance. In most Pan and Scan versions of the film, and TV broadcasts, it does appear that during the "diner scene" the two never actually share the screen, but viewing the film in correct letterbox format, as the director intended, clearly shows the two actors sitting at the table, though only in wide shots.

Hmmm that pretty much argues both our points. Still why only wide-shots?

There is commentary by Mann about the scene, he purprosely did that.. and the thing is they both were there at the scene and the restuarant which it was filmed at says they saw it for their own eyes, for they were the only extras at the part working from the place

Movies205 said:
What the hell is it with people now using the words "under-rated" and "over-rated", go get a dictionary and look up what these words actually mean :o

The film is underrated in the sense as people dont bring it up as one of their top favorite movies

Poeman said:
and the thing is they both were there at the scene and the restuarant which it was filmed at says they saw it for their own eyes, for they were the only extras at the part working from the place
This is one of the more puzzling-ass sentences I've seen on the Hype.
Thanks for the chuckle. :)

the red part = sounds almost Shakespearean! :up:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
This is one of the more puzzling-ass sentences I've seen on the Hype.
Thanks for the chuckle. :)

the red part = sounds almost Shakespearean! :up:

haha

that made me laugh as well now

Val Kilmer in a good film? Suprising...

some say this was Val kilmers best role

Mann wanted him to play Det. Fanning in Collateral, but couldnt because of conflicts with his schedule cause he was too busy filming that trash called Alexander

Collateral>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alexander.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"