Just so everyone know

SuperFerret said:
That's assuming that there's no limit to how mad someone can get.

Also, I have a serious question for all of you rabid Hulk fans who claim that he's able to defeat everybody and anybody: Why do you like the Hulk? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic or condescending or anything, I'd like to know just what about the Hulk draws you in and makes you a fan. I love the character, for many reasons, but I'd like to know your reasons.

It's always been a guilty pleasure to watch him smash stuff for one. Nothing is too big, too expensive, etc for him to smash.
The hero/villian dynamic is also very interesting.
He looks cool. Green is good.

I like Spidey and the X-Men for different reasons. The Hulk satisfies the need to see someone who absolutely is the baddest dude around. Seeing the suprised looks on his foe's faces is priceless when they realize they are going to lose. Up until that moment, they thought they were the "strongest one there is".

JeetKuneDo said:
It's always been a guilty pleasure to watch him smash stuff for one. Nothing is too big, too expensive, etc for him to smash.
The hero/villian dynamic is also very interesting.
He looks cool. Green is good.

I like Spidey and the X-Men for different reasons. The Hulk satisfies the need to see someone who absolutely is the baddest dude around. Seeing the suprised looks on his foe's faces is priceless when they realize they are going to lose. Up until that moment, they thought they were the "strongest one there is".

I admit, I enjoy that aspect of the Hulk too, but what I really love is his psychology. The fact that the Hulk is somewhat like Banner's "inner child" and how his father's influence on him has affected his powers and physical abilities.

torkibe said:
A few points...

To say that the Hulk has no limit is be assumptive and ignorant. They have yet to show his limit, true... But that doesn't mean he has none. He has been soundly defeated by more powerful opponents which would suggest he does have a limit, but that again is assumptive.

That being said, short of total vaporization, I don't think killing Banner would work. In issue #43, Banner is shot with a high powered rifle and still manages to turn into the Hulk, with the bullet in his teeth. He MAY have been in mid transformation, but that is unclear...
.....and a few more points......

It is not assumptive and ignorant if somebody like myself only 'quotes' the comics as to what they say. They are our final answer to everything comic character related.

Plus, I never said Hulk has limitless strength and whatever, I said, based on comic revelations, that Hulk 'may' have limitless powers.

That said, maybe this post I quoted isn't in response to mine, but since you didn't quote anybody, I'm not too sure.

As for Hulk having the bullet in his teeth. There is no comic evidence that Banner was in transformation at the time. It's possible the bullet did enter in Banner's brain (or head somewhere) and was merely pushed out in the transformation afterwards. He healed up. Think Wolverine in the X- Men movie. Plus, Banner went down from the shot if I remember correctly, so the bullet must have entered into the head.

As for Hulk being beat by some opponents, this doesn't prove Hulk does have limits. Hulk's anger may just have not been that high. He has often lost to people only to beat them after.

SuperFerret said:

Also, I have a serious question for all of you rabid Hulk fans who claim that he's able to defeat everybody and anybody: Why do you like the Hulk? Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic or condescending or anything, I'd like to know just what about the Hulk draws you in and makes you a fan. I love the character, for many reasons, but I'd like to know your reasons.
Who are these 'rabid fans' you speak about? If you're gonna refer me to that title, then show me Hype evidence. I've been claimed to that level on many occasions yet soon afterward, people withdraw it and say it's for others (I'm a huge Hulk fan, he's my fav, but I understand his limits too and understand his foes as well {which could be villains or hero's}).

rodhulk said:
.....and a few more points......

It is not assumptive and ignorant if somebody like myself only 'quotes' the comics as to what they say. They are our final answer to everything comic character related.

Plus, I never said Hulk has limitless strength and whatever, I said, based on comic revelations, that Hulk 'may' have limitless powers.

That said, maybe this post isn't in response to mine, but since you didn't quote anybody, I'm not too sure.

As for Hulk having the bullet in his teeth. There is no comic evidence that Banner was in transformation at the time. It's possible the bullet did enter in Banner's brain (or head somewhere) and was merely pushed out in the transformation afterwards. He healed up. Think Wolverine in the X- Men movie.

No Rod, I wasn't refering to you directly... I was just making a general statement. Also, I was actually leaning toward Banner being actually Banner whewn the bullet hit him. I was just adding the "MAY have been in mid transformation" as a disclaimer.

torkibe said:
No Rod, I wasn't refering to you directly... I was just making a general statement. Also, I was actually leaning toward Banner being actually Banner whewn the bullet hit him. I was just adding the "MAY have been in mid transformation" as a disclaimer.
:up: OK!

I hope you understand thast sometimes I go on the defensive a little too quickly due to debates I've gone through here.

And you should check out the MARVEL COMICS CHARACTER TOURNAMENT in the MARVEL COMICS section. Some great battles there.

rodhulk said:
Who are these 'rabid fans' you speak about? If you're gonna refer me to that title, then show me Hype evidence. I've been claimed to that level on many occasions yet soon afterward, people withdraw it and say it's for others (I'm a huge Hulk fan, he's my fav, but I understand his limits too and understand his foes as well {which could be villains or hero's}).

Whoa, hang on there... I meant "rabid fan" as someone who is (or sees themselves as) such a fan of a character, in this case Dr. Banner, that they will seek out every discussion on their fave and defend them to a near religious level. I wasn't using the term as an attack in any way. (BTW I'd say that according to the above definition, you, rodhulk, are a rabid fan. Once again, no offense intended.)

Also, would you mind answering my original question? Thank you. :up:

SuperFerret said:
Whoa, hang on there... I meant "rabid fan" as someone who is (or sees themselves as) such a fan of a character, in this case Dr. Banner, that they will seek out every discussion on their fave and defend them to a near religious level. I wasn't using the term as an attack in any way. (BTW I'd say that according to the above definition, you, rodhulk, are a rabid fan. Once again, no offense intended.)

Also, would you mind answering my original question? Thank you. :up:
Bwahahahahahaha!

So, I use comics as my final answer and that makes me a 'rabid fan.' :down If I said something like "I believe Banner...." then you'd have a case. But if I 'just' show comic book proof as I did above, then there is a problem with what you said. And you actually still expect me to answer your question? :confused: Answer mine first, show me Hype evidence of me being a rabid fan.......

Or you can do us all a favor and troll somewhere else. :up:

rodhulk said:
Bwahahahahahaha!

So, I use comics as my final answer and that makes me a 'rabid fan.' :down If I said something like "I believe Banner...." then you'd have a case. But if I 'just' show comic book proof as I did above, then there is a problem with what you said. And you actually still expect me to answer your question? :confused: Answer mine first, show me Hype evidence of me being a rabid fan.......

Or you can do us all a favor and troll somewhere else. :up:

Okay, fine. Fine. I'm removing the word "rabid" from my post, because apparently, it seems to offend people.

All I wanted to know, rod, was why you liked the Hulk. But I guess that's not an appropriate question. So, I'll go do you a "favor" and "troll" somewhere else.

torkibe said:
A few points...

To say that the Hulk has no limit is be assumptive and ignorant. They have yet to show his limit, true... But that doesn't mean he has none. He has been soundly defeated by more powerful opponents which would suggest he does have a limit, but that again is assumptive.

That being said, short of total vaporization, I don't think killing Banner would work. In issue #43, Banner is shot with a high powered rifle and still manages to turn into the Hulk, with the bullet in his teeth. He MAY have been in mid transformation, but that is unclear...

Wow...I have a lot of work to do on this thread.

ok..first of all..saying that the Hulk has no limit may be assumptive but is by no means ignorant....Forget the fact that that Marvel is quoted for stating as much the pure fact that Hulk's stength increases with his anger suggest to ME by default that he has NO LIMMIT...I do not believe that something as abstract and intangible as an emotion, in this case ANGER can be said to have a limmit.

Just remember that anger is indeed an emotion, like hate or love. We can move this discussion to how in love, or how much one can love another but I can tell you from personal experience I have yet to find my limmit in that regard.

rodhulk said:
I would say that we have to wait until the Hulk displays mystical powers and the like before concluding he can attain these powers.

And it is still unknown if Hulk does indeed have limitless strength among other powers.

But don't be mistaken. Not having mystical powers doesn't mean a person who does can automatically beat the Hulk. The opposite has been true on many occasions. And remember, Hulk went against certain physical laws with his strength and punched through a time storm.

As I edited in my post above, when Hulk's powers are combined and risen to high levels, we can say he is up there with some of the toughest.

Alas you are right. I did not create the Hulk, do not write the Hulk and am not an authority on the Hulk's abilities past or present. But I do not believe those facts dissmiss my point.

If the Hulk strength coincides with his anger then his anger is his only limmit...not physics.

so I atleast feel its worth discussion.

SuperFerret said:

Yes I do assume that there is no limmit to how angry someone can get. duly noted.

as far as why I am a fan....I am fan simply because I identify with anger. I've been angry and wanted to smash things. I've been so angry that I wanted to smash or do things that I am not physically or otherwise capable of doing.

The Hulk does not have these limmitations and so I am a fan of the character.

I will say this though. It is easy to turn this into a "fan boy" discussion but I'd much rather we stick to the facts.

If the Hulk is limmited only be his anger how can we assume that anyone is more powerful?

to me saying that the phoenix will beat the Hulk is just as assumptive as saying the Hulk has limmitless powers.

SuperFerret said:
Okay, fine. Fine. I'm removing the word "rabid" from my post, because apparently, it seems to offend people.

All I wanted to know, rod, was why you liked the Hulk. But I guess that's not an appropriate question. So, I'll go do you a "favor" and "troll" somewhere else.
That's not how you put it though, Ferret. You said it was like a religious thing, like we'll stoop to any level to defend our characters. I just asked you to show me where I spoke like that because I give ample chances on people like the Flash, Superman, Thor, etc... on beating the Hulk. I only 'favor' the Hulk within the normal, non-cosmic hero's/villains, (including a couple of cosmic beings like the Surfer).

Ask people who like me (and there are quite a few) and you'll see I'm not a bad guy.

I enjoy debates, but I like to keep it to friendly debates, not using offensive words like 'rabid' or as some others use, 'fanboy.'

Now, really, you probably didn't mean to offend anybody judging by your quoted post I used, so let's start over, fresh, unless you feel otherwise.

As to your question: I like the Hulk because as a little kid in the 70's, I liked the power he displayed and I liked the fact that he could keep getting stronger with his anger. There was no set limit (and still today) so the Hulk was a mystery. I liked that. I just didn't get quite as much fun and mystery out of other strong hero's like Superman and Thor (though I like them too). Every issue was a mystery as to how strong the Hulk would get and what incredible things he would do. It's still like that today and he's still my fav. It's not because he's the most powerful in the whole MU, that title in comics (Marvel) belongs to the LT and TOAA.

And that's why I like the Hulk.

The Burier said:
Alas you are right. I did not create the Hulk, do not write the Hulk and am not an authority on the Hulk's abilities past or present. But I do not believe those facts dissmiss my point.

If the Hulk strength coincides with his anger then his anger is his only limmit...not physics.

so I atleast feel its worth discussion.
And remember, Hulk may also have that limitless strength if we take the comics as to what they say. We don't know meaning it's possible.

Hulk would NOT beat Phoenix.

Phoenix is a powerful cosmic being, that can rip Hulk apart in a moment on the atomic level. Hulk become green and red splotch as he's ripped into atoms. There, done, gone.

Whoever said he'd beat Phoenix, is a ****ing tard.

Hell, even with telepathy, a Phoenixed out Jean Grey, could make his brain explode in his god damn head!

Langoth said:

Phoenix is a powerful cosmic being, that can rip Hulk apart in a moment on the atomic level. Hulk become green and red splotch as he's ripped into atoms. There, done, gone.

Hell, even with telepathy, a Phoenixed out Jean Grey, could make his brain explode in his god damn head!

hulk would rape the Phoenix any day of the week because he is the strongest monster of any comic kingdom

:up: :) ehi Rod,i just came back

Strength doesn't matter if you're atomized by being ripped apart.

DevilHulk said:
hulk would rape the Phoenix any day of the week because he is the strongest monster of any comic kingdom

:up: :) ehi Rod,i just came back
Great! :)

Sorry I missed your link about the Hulk vs Superman match. I totally forgot about it and din't post it. I pm'd you a week or so ago, did you get it.

Great that you're back. Hulk still rules!!!! :up:

Langoth said:
Strength doesn't matter if you're atomized by being ripped apart.
Phoenix has never done this to the Hulk so you can't say it can happen.

rodhulk said:
Great! :)

Sorry I missed your link about the Hulk vs Superman match. I totally forgot about it and din't post it. I pm'd you a week or so ago, did you get it.

Great that you're back. Hulk still rules!!!! :up:

Don't worry gamma friend,i don't care about that opinion poll.It's the only way Superman can beat the hulk,a contest of fans-votes
Superman 's fanbase > anyone else (maybe aside Spiderman or Batman)
Yes,i got your PM.Don't worry.

The Burier said:
Spiderman, batman, daredevil or any hero that closely resmembles these characers CAN NOT DEFEAT THE HULK!

It's beyond annoying reading debates about it...There is absolutely no way in hell Spiderman can do anything to Hulk beyond running away from him.

And while I'm at it.

If Batman stepped to the Hulk he would likely be killed immediately and I don't care what has happened in any bogus encounters they've had in the past.

The Thing absolutely Cannot defeat the Hulk and the Hulk killed thing with one blow.

NONE of the X-men past or present can defeat the Hulk period...So let it go.

If you guys want to have a interesting convo, talk about The Hulk Vs Juggs or other characters that have power that are anywhere near the Hulk's

The reputation of this board is damanged everytime someone says something ridiculous like "if Hulk was fighting Storm she would just blow him away by creating tornado"

very good post,tons of truth inside:up:

Langoth said:

Ladies an gentz...we have a moron.

rodhulk said:
Phoenix has never done this to the Hulk so you can't say it can happen.

Rod... Please... You and I have had our differences in the past but recently we seem to have found some middle ground. Please don't ruin it by saying the Hulk could defeat the full power of the Phoenix one on one. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"