Justice League 2013 Film = Smallville Movie?

no please. the show is finally done and good ridance. no more smallville for god's sake. it was bad enough to have it, no more.
had to wait this long for it to go away don't make me wait for a movie to go away too.

Is your life really that sad and unfulfilled that the fact there are television programs and movies out there that you don't personally like, bothers you to the point of hoping they end? :huh:

Last edited:
The CW didnt even exist when SR was in production/theaters. It didnt even launch until the Fall of 2006 (Smallville's 6th season). So I'm, not sure where you're getting that?

Smallville had the highest ratings on it's Network, was one of the top DVR'd shows every year of it's run, and was usually in the Top 10 of iTunes downloads and DVD/Blu-Ray sales. It's also aired in about 50 different countries and syndicated all over the place. There are more factors at play these days then the overnight ratings. Otherwise, it never wouldve made it past Season 4. The series stayed on the air because it's been a cash cow for Warner Brothers. It's popularity is obvious from it's longevity.

Honestly...When are people going to get it through their skulls that popularity means jack all? DA MONEYS are what matters. SV stayed alive, because it made major cash. CW (thanks to it low ratings) rarely made much off SV...WB however couldn't back up the truck fast enough to keep unloading the money it was making off the show. Which is why they started putting in more and more of SV's per ep budget year after year - to make sure it stayed alive.

no please. the show is finally done and good ridance. no more smallville for god's sake. it was bad enough to have it, no more.
had to wait this long for it to go away don't make me wait for a movie to go away too.
Just to confirm. You held on to hating something for 10 yrs of your life?
Wow, that must have been tough. Especially when so many of us were off in a corner high five-ing, having BBQ parties, and generally in love of the show :)
LOL

Honestly...When are people going to get it through their skulls that popularity means jack all? DA MONEYS are what matters. SV stayed alive, because it made major cash. CW (thanks to it low ratings) rarely made much off SV...WB however couldn't back up the truck fast enough to keep unloading the money it was making off the show. Which is why they started putting in more and more of SV's per ep budget year after year - to make sure it stayed alive.

Also keep in mind from an advertising perspective (I'm sure you know this, doing what you do, but others here obviously do not), the demo's are always more important than the overalls. SV regularly was in the Top 3 of all the "money" demos, 18-49 males, 18-35 adults, etc. Hence the reason most of the advertising was geared towards adult males with disposable income (cars, movies, high end electronics, etc.) This happened on all 4 of the different nights the show appeared on.

Ya plus they show survived on two different networks, 4 different days of the week, and two different time slots. Its been a long ride.

Last edited:
i hope we do get s JLA movie or some type of spinoff. if the fans want it, we should push for it. were the reason smallville stayed on the air for as long as it did. besides im almost banking on most of the cast not being very successful after this show. look what already happened to poor laura. :csad:

i do not believe this is entirely the last we will see of something related to smallville. although the wait is really going to suck!

I think Welling is done with Superman. I mean, they said they didn't have any restrictions on the finale, yet he didn't wear the suit. He always says the show was about Clark's journey to becoming Superman. I remember in an old interview he wasn't interested in a Superman show until he heard it's before he's Superman. I could be wrong, but theirs so many things that point to that he doesn't want to play the iconic Superman we all know. The finale just kinda makes me think that even more.

Now I really do want to see a Justice League movie, with Cavill, Bale & Reynolds in it. Reynolds even said he wants to see it happen and be like the DC Universe Online trailer we saw. I think that'd be amazing to see on the big screen.

As far as a Smallville spin-off, I'd love to see Green Arrow. :D but I just don't see them doing anything Smallville related anymore. Except that comic book they're talking about doing.

I don't get people like this why are u waiting for it to go away if u don't like it just don't watch it. I here so many people saying how there glade it's over finally but all you have to do is not watch it and there it's gone for good. IMO this show was great for what it was a show about Clark becoming superman and Tom Welling will always be the perfect sups for me. I'm quite sad it's over :(

best way to explain it is like this. i didn't like this version of "superman". so in order for me to see a newer version this show would have to go way first. they wouldn't put out 2 superman related series at the same time. hope this explains it better than my ranting.

best way to explain it is like this. i didn't like this version of "superman". so in order for me to see a newer version this show would have to go way first. they wouldn't put out 2 superman related series at the same time. hope this explains it better than my ranting.
Wow...just wow.
I literally put my head into my hand when I read that.
And why do you ask??

- "the grass isn't always greener, on the other side."
- "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"
etc, etc, e freakin tc.

Last edited:
You wont see another live-action Superman TV program for quite some time I'm guessing. Especially if the Snyder/Nolan film is successful. Smallville's effectively the most successful superhero TV show ever at this point, and will be a hard act to follow if the Network's even attempt to do so, which judging by the fact WW wasn't picked up and The Cape and N.O.F. were axed, may not be the case.

ya and same with if the whole legal stuff go down hill come 2013.

Wow...just wow.
I literally put my head into my hand when I read that.
And why do you ask??

- "the grass isn't always greener, on the other side."
- "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"
etc, etc, e freakin tc.

maybe you're still confused? i shall simplify it even more. the "next" show might be what i'm looking for, if not i will wait that one out too. if you don't understand, no big deal, i tried.

Superman is definitely a better fit for the big screen than television. I don't think a TV Show could do Superman justice. So I don't know why anyone would want a Superman TV show? I'm looking forward to Man of Steel.

Superman is definitely a better fit for the big screen than television. I don't think a TV Show could do Superman justice. So I don't know why anyone would want a Superman TV show? I'm looking forward to Man of Steel.

I agree.. that's why Smallville worked.. because it was dealing with Clark before he put on the cape.

Besides budget, I don't see how a Superman TV show couldn't work.

It won't work because of the budget. I remember people complaining about the lack of fights on Heroes. I think a lot of that had to do with the budget. You could only do so much and Superman deserves more than that. He really needs to stick to the films IMO.

From my understanding, Heroes probably would've been fine if they didn't have such a large cast as far as budget and action goes. But, I never watched the show or really followed its production, so I can't say.

With Smallville, the fights (when we had them) could've been at a smaller scale. I never understood why just because some of these characters were strong that punches had to be big enough to send people flying. Clark's fight with Titan and some others, show that super strong people can still stay in once place. Just like regular people, they can take what they dish out without sending each other miles away with each hit.

A shorter season (with the same budget if possible) would probably help as well.

I could work,Why.
1 It would be a JLA movie not Superman
2 It would be in a different universe
3 And we would see Tom as Superman

Well a superman show could work on tv. Its all about budget, tone, and network and all that.

I actually think its possible we could see a new Superman related tv show in the next 5 years.

Ya its probably will counting on what happens with copyrights in next few yrs and how success mos is and if it gets sequels. If it does. A show probably would be held off longer. Unless it was just a new solo animated show.

I actually think its possible we could see a new Superman related tv show in the next 5 years.
My love of the SMan forces me to ask you about this thought of yours so that I could possibly latch on with mountains of unnecessary hope. Do tell :)

I would like to see one more Smallville TV-movie and it would take place between Prophecy and Finale where the Justice League battle the Legion of Doom. That's the only Smallville TV-movie I'd like to see and they should title it Justice and Doom. I doubt there'd be a Smallville TV movie that would take place after the Finale. :super:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"