Justice League 2013 Film = Smallville Movie?

What if.....

Since CW canceled "Hellcats," Welling really doesn't have anything to do. In some of the interviews before the Finale, he was talking about gearing up for HC season 2 and perhaps directing an episode or two. Since Welling's production company is on the WB lot, and WB/CW, I'd think, would be indebted to him since he basically carried the network for ten years, I wonder why CW would cancel "Hellcats." The ratings aren't that far off their other fair to middling shows, and with T-Dub as EP, it seems odd that they'd cut ties as SV was wrapping.

Sooooo....

What if WB is freeing up Welling from his exec responsibilities to gear him up for...

the JLA movie in 2013?! :eek:

Yeah I said it. :cool:

Would be nice but its still doubtful if a jl film will happen. And if mos and gl end up being huge successes if a jl actually gets off the ground it would be stupid not to use ryan, henry and all that. If anything, wb will probably give tom a movie deal for some other film be it a comedy/action/romance film. Or give his company first dibs on producing another show.

I can't see anyone else as the Justice League, except the Smallville versions. :super:

I'd really hope they either make a JL DTV or a Smallville DTV. Maybe elaborate on the whole Apokolips thing and have those characters brought back. You know you can't just eliminate Granny Goodness w/ an arrow c'mon. They could get the guy who played Worf on ST:TNG and voiced Kalibak on SM:TAS to play Kalibak. Or delve into something completely different like a STARRO battle. Actually I think that's something that the SV-verse could really pull off.

Like I said, they should do a Smallville TV-Movie that would take place between Prophecy and Finale where Clark and the Justice League battle the Legion of Doom with Starros involved.

Would be nice but with cast/crew moved on to other things and all that. Its doubtful anything sv in live action would happen. Maybe a new comic line possible but anything else who knows not that likely.

You don't wear the suit? we cancel your show. We know there are some super-DC nerds in executive positions at the WB, even if they don't always get there way, they're there. Perhaps declining suit = declining renewal on his pet production project. Now for the compensation deal - Smallville movie, and get to be producer on soemthing else

Like I said a few times has any one tried to contact any producers via twitter/facebook/etc.... to see what type of answer they would give. Would clear things up if we got a real answer.

Its not implausible. Look at where Smallville went, from seasons eight through ten. Look at the cast members. Look at their popularity. With the right story and the right director they could totally pull off a great film.

It's a wild, half-baked, unlikely theory, but it's got to be broached. I'm sure someone else already has. But in the wake of the series finale, it seems that much more possible/potential for some reason.

One or two comments from one or two interviews have seemed to leave some possibility of seeing *these* characters in some capacity again. I even read one analysis/article asking the question of a Smallville movie or tv movies.

Then the whole Justice League 2013 film comes back to my mind. How much they worked on the Justice League in Smallville, much more than you'd ever think they would.

Then the fact that they're (apparently) going to have two concurrent but separate Superman's on film within six months of each other? Which makes little sense, unless you accept that... for a portion of the the current under 30-ish generation, Welling is Superman. And that, having some many people play the role in such a (relatively) short span is just... odd? Welling from 2001-2011, Routh in the middle of it 2006, Cavill in 2012, and then some OTHER guy on top in 2013?

Now Routh was a financial/critical dud... Welling never delivered sky-rocket ratings, but they show did last an entire damned decade... so he does have some proven success/viability/longevity...

What if they're thinking of taking two or three elements from the Smallville justice league and adapting them to film, without really focusing too much on the back-story of it?

I mean, they just throw us into a Justice League film that happens to feature Tom Welling as Superman. Perhaps Justin Hartley as Green Arrow, subbing in as the 'only human without powers' role Batman normally takes -- which would keep Chris Nolan happy enough to stay on as Batman film producer? I'm unsure if they would want someone as "old" as Phil Morris as John Jones/Martian Manhunter, but such does offer the ethnic diversity they would be seeking.

They could, for the purposes of said film, gloss over Lois and so on and so forth, as it's not a straight Superman film. Bring in some other non-Hal Jordan green lantern (although, having green arrow and green lantern together could be... confusing to non-fans)

Since the Wonder Woman pilot didn't get picked up, they could do anything they wish with her inclusion. I'd certainly see them having Hawk Girl or some such in there, for extra female.

I dunno, it's totally crazy, right? Implausible to the Nth degree? Right?

Maybe, just maybe, it's the real reason they didn't give us a full-on look at Welling in the suit... cause they're gonna keep teasing us until the movie!! :oldrazz:

What if.....

Since CW canceled "Hellcats," Welling really doesn't have anything to do. In some of the interviews before the Finale, he was talking about gearing up for HC season 2 and perhaps directing an episode or two. Since Welling's production company is on the WB lot, and WB/CW, I'd think, would be indebted to him since he basically carried the network for ten years, I wonder why CW would cancel "Hellcats." The ratings aren't that far off their other fair to middling shows, and with T-Dub as EP, it seems odd that they'd cut ties as SV was wrapping.

Sooooo....

What if WB is freeing up Welling from his exec responsibilities to gear him up for...

I doubt the CW/WB cancelled Hellcats just so they can free up Welling. That would be evil.

It would be nice. But its not that likely of thing. If and if is the big thing. Wb and dc finally get there hands out of their butts a jla film will more then likely use the film actors. If both gl, and snyder superman do well for studio/company. It would be foolish not to use them if they are hits.

I doubt the CW/WB cancelled Hellcats just so they can free up Welling. That would be evil.

They would if it really werent getting the ratings that they expected.. Plus big corporations like WB do evil things all the time.. LOL.. They are heartless bastards:wow:

What if.....

Sooooo....

That could be but it's unlikely. But one could hope.

it is nice to dream it. But like i think the most likely situation would be using reynolds and cavill green lantern and superman if they are hits and make enough for the studios. Then pulling smallville jl characters. Cause come on marvel is already beating them to the punch with solid films, in a shared universe and if avengers strike it big next year. WB/dc would be fools not to use the actors in the films they are doing now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"