Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis

Sigh... Came here to see what the activity is like these days post release. It's depressing to see, even in the Darcy thread, that the fan speculation was so over the top, yet it still would have made for a better product than what I got in TDW. And man... Did I want to love this film.

Sigh... Came here to see what the activity is like these days post release. It's depressing to see, even in the Darcy thread, that the fan speculation was so over the top, yet it still would have made for a better product than what I got in TDW. And man... Did I want to love this film.

I feel for people who didn't get what they wanted. While the movie wasn't perfect, I was still pleased, but it's a shame that so many fans seem to have been disappointed. On the bright side, though, it gives them room to improve for Thor 3, rather than having an X-Men 2 to 3, or Spider-man 2 to 3, situation.

I feel for people who didn't get what they wanted. While the movie wasn't perfect, I was still pleased, but it's a shame that so many fans seem to have been disappointed. On the bright side, though, it gives them room to improve for Thor 3, rather than having an X-Men 2 to 3, or Spider-man 2 to 3, situation.
Unless they choose to make something similar to TDW.
Which for those of us that didnt like it /or just thought that it was okay,
Isnt such a great prospect .

Unless they choose to make something similar to TDW.
Which for those of us that didnt like it /or just thought that it was okay,
Isnt such a great prospect .

Yeah, that's true. I was just trying to be optimistic! :yay:

wat do you mean? you wanted to see more out of darcy's character?

With fans in general it actually seems to have been received very well. When I looked around at various places (RT, IMDb, etc) it has the third best reception in the MCU, after The Avengers and Iron Man. I'm less sure if I compared against all superhero movies everywhere but on RT the other ones that pass it are actually only the Batman trilogy and First Class, when it comes to crowd reception.

As always it's irrelevant to any individual's opinion but it shows that it's wrong to claim that it wasn't successful in that regard.

wat do you mean? you wanted to see more out of darcy's character?

No, what I meant was that even in this thread for a supporting character, posters were coming up with detailed ideas of how they thought she would fit into the overall plot of TDW, and in the end, for me, all that was for naught. That's all. The speculation for this film was crazy, and also very in depth. That actual film? Well, let's just say I saw THOR in the theatres about 4 times. I love that movie and I think it's as good as IM. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't bother to purchase TDW for home viewing to be a companion to my THOR Blu Ray. If it comes on tv, chances are I'll flip past TDW. Le sigh. Such is life. :csad: :yay:

No, what I meant was that even in this thread for a supporting character, posters were coming up with detailed ideas of how they thought she would fit into the overall plot of TDW, and in the end, for me, all that was for naught. That's all. The speculation for this film was crazy, and also very in depth. That actual film? Well, let's just say I saw THOR in the theatres about 4 times. I love that movie and I think it's as good as IM. I can pretty much guarantee that I won't bother to purchase TDW for home viewing to be a companion to my THOR Blu Ray. If it comes on tv, chances are I'll flip past TDW. Le sigh. Such is life. :csad: :yay:

How many times did you watch T:TDW? It sounds like you could only bear to watch it one time. I would really recommend you give it another shot. Many people (myself included) found it much better the second time around, for whatever reason.

Mjölnir;27759243 said:
With fans in general it actually seems to have been received very well. When I looked around at various places (RT, IMDb, etc) it has the third best reception in the MCU, after The Avengers and Iron Man. I'm less sure if I compared against all superhero movies everywhere but on RT the other ones that pass it are actually only the Batman trilogy and First Class, when it comes to crowd reception.

As always it's irrelevant to any individual's opinion but it shows that it's wrong to claim that it wasn't successful in that regard.

Well that's good to have confirmed. I know I enjoyed it, and that's really good enough for me. :)

I have seen TDW 3 times. Once in the theatre... twice by, um, other means. That 3rd time was to clarify how I really felt about it.

The trailers for the film did not do a good service for the film. I though I was going to get a hard hitting fantasy action/drama. I did not feel that is what I got, and it makes me nervous for TWS, because the trailer for that looks off the chain and now I am worried that IM3 and TDW were the prelude to near total phase 2 disappointment. I hope I am mistaken though.

I have seen TDW 3 times. Once in the theatre... twice by, um, other means. That 3rd time was to clarify how I really felt about it.

Fair enough.

The trailers for the film did not do a good service for the film. I though I was going to get a hard hitting fantasy action/drama. I did not feel that is what I got, and it makes me nervous for TWS, because the trailer for that looks off the chain and now I am worried that IM3 and TDW were the prelude to near total phase 2 disappointment. I hope I am mistaken though.

I do agree that the trailers for both Phase 2 films have been AWESOME and, unfortunately, set a lot of people up with false expectations. That's a shame. I hope that TWS lives up to the expectations set by the trailer, too. It looks awesome!

I would have been fine with Darcy getting more screentime if other characters like Sif and the Warriors 3 had also gotten more to do. Instead, they got LESS, which is inexcusable for a movie that spends so much more time on Asgard. Also, I don't know if it was Kat Denning's or the writing, but Darcy wasn't nearly as funny this time around as she was in the first film.

I love Kat Dennings, but there is really no reason for her character to receive more screen-time. The same goes for Natalie/Jane. That screen-time needs to go towards IMPORTANT characters (like Sif, Heimdall & the other Asgardians).

I love Kat Dennings, but there is really no reason for her character to receive more screen-time. The same goes for Natalie/Jane. That screen-time needs to go towards IMPORTANT characters (like Sif, Heimdall & the other Asgardians).

I think her character played a good role in the new film. I'd like to see her continue to tag along

Most of you will not agree with what I am about to say. But I've been holding his in for a while now. She was way too covered up in this movie. Thank Thor I got that out.

I think that just about sums up everything I felt.

I couldn't help but think that Age of Ultron SPOILERS:
#
suffered from some of the same flaws

Kat Dennings IPad Wallpaper.

Last edited:
I haven't heard that she or Portman are going to return

That's a shame she's not in the third movie.

Side note she's the hottest marvel actress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"