Keaton in a Dark Knight Returns

I think its obvious to anyone that knows much about Keaton, that even if he was offered to play Batman ever again no matter what they offered him as far as money he wouldnt do it.

Regardless of what you would think, hes very picky in deciding his roles and always has been, and I just dont feel that he would feel the need to tread Gothams grounds ever again.

He had to be pushed to be in BR by Burton, and left pre-production on BF, even knowing he would have a fat paycheck regardless of how good the film was. He decided not to do it, for more than a few reasons.

I don't think he was pushed into Batman Returns. I've seen him in several interviews stating he was never interested in doing a sequel to begin with. And it seemed mainly for the fact that he didn't think the story would be good... or that Tim Burton would direct it... etc. I think he wanted to do Batman Returns once Burton was back on and the characters were set. I don't think they had to twist his arm on that one. Who knows?

It would be interesting to hear what Keaton thinks now... whether he would ever take the role back, in any capacity (including a voice over)...

Keaton and Burton returning to Batman sounds like such an absurd notion. It'll never happen. The closest I think we would EVER get to revisiting the Burton world would be if there was a tie in comic that maybe closes up Burton's story or what have you. And even that is very unlikely. Burton and Keaton have moved on, so has WB and Batman. The role belongs to Bale atm.

Well, we know he'd rather do Beetlejuice again than Batman if he could.

I'd love to see or hear Keaton as Bats again. But won't be disappointed if I never see the day.

I'd love to see Keaton return to Beetlejuice as well... but it would have to be a Tim Burton story and directed by him as well

Yeah, much more likely chance of him returning as Beetlejuice since that's a role he originated. But still unlikely methinks, there's an unsaid 20 year expiration date on sequels lol. Talks of a BJ2 have been around for a long time though. Burton directing would be a necessity, but not creating the story. Burton didn't write or create the story for the original, the now deceased horror novelist Michael McDowell did. There's a Beetlejuice in Hawaii script out there that Burton looked at but never made. It's Burton who is reluctant to make it...remember Burton hates the idea of sequels with Returns being the only one he's ever made. Now some of Burton's work may be too Hollywood these days and not as good as it use to be but I give him huge props for sticking to his guns by saying he won't make sequels following BR. Even huge franchise films like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Planet of the Apes, and Alice he has refused to even consider a sequel.

Well, this is a chance to fantasize about this. I mean, some people have suggested that Clint Eastwood should do an old Batman and we all know he'd never say yes to that.

LOL, I'm sorry...didn't mean to logically think it out. I like to think about the what-if too.

Can't tell ya how many times I think Harrison Ford should have been Magneto lol

Or Tim Curry as the Joker

I don't think he was pushed into Batman Returns. I've seen him in several interviews stating he was never interested in doing a sequel to begin with. And it seemed mainly for the fact that he didn't think the story would be good... or that Tim Burton would direct it... etc. I think he wanted to do Batman Returns once Burton was back on and the characters were set. I don't think they had to twist his arm on that one. Who knows?

It would be interesting to hear what Keaton thinks now... whether he would ever take the role back, in any capacity (including a voice over)...

I know what you mean I'm positive that if Burton never came on board for BR then Keaton wouldn't have.

Burton wasn't originally into the idea of making the "sequel" in the first place which is why they offered for him to make it a "Tim Burton Film" and not have to deal with any outsiders on his back.

Which is ultimately why BR is a Burton film with Batman characters in it, it's been glady admitted plenty of time.

I'd love to see Keaton as an aging Bruce Wayne if a Batman Beyond film is ever considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"