Iron Fist Keep Iron Fist Solo Or Team Up Show with Luke?

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
Just wanted to know what the consensus was. Do you want the IF show to establish Danny for a season and then roll into a show with him and Luke as co-leads or should they remain separate always, simply making occasional guest appearances on the other's show? Discuss.

I guess I would rather keep them solo with maybe some guest starring episodes, sort of like Arrow and The Flash.

I think it will mainly depend on how much chemistry Colter has with Jones. If they play off each other really well, I might really be on board with wanting to get them together in a duel show. We'll see.

Same. I'd prefer they keep it solo for a while at least, each character has plenty of potential and interesting directions for multiple seasons. Maybe once the series start to feel stale and they want to make room for new series roll them together or cancel their series and have the character pop up from time to time in other shows as the Heroes for Hire.

Though I have a feeling Luke Cage will start "Heroes for Hire" by the end of his first season and Iron Fist just won't be an active part of it.

Solo, Iron Fist has enough material.

Luke and Danny should have their own solo shows with them popping in each other's shows.

Each character has more than enough material to stand on their own. Popping in each other's shows would build on their friendship.

Luke and Danny should have their own solo shows with them popping in each other's shows.

Each character has more than enough material to stand on their own. Popping in each other's shows would build on their friendship.

Agreed.

They merged in the comics because neither solo title was doing well.

They don't necessarily need to merge the TV shows if they are both individually doing well and telling great separate stories.

We will see them team up in Defenders as well so it isn't like we lose anything if they have separate ongoing shows.

Nothing to stop these characters from guest appearing in each others shows. Jessica Jones showed they can successfully have Luke Cage make guest appearances throughout a season.

Solo. Danny has more than enough material for a ton of his own seasons.

If anything, I'd suggest merging Luke Cage with Jessica Jones ( *ahem* ), since both characters deal with social justice themes. Different ones, granted, but both feel easily at home in an urban noir milieu.

Solo. Danny has more than enough material for a ton of his own seasons.

If anything, I'd suggest merging Luke Cage with Jessica Jones ( *ahem* ), since both characters deal with social justice themes. Different ones, granted, but both feel easily at home in an urban noir milieu.

Luke Cage has more than enough material for multiple seasons on his own as well. He has a lot of supporting characters, a lot of villians that can easily be tweaked, and he's more relevant now with all the urban politics in the news. Keep him with his own solo series as well.

I'd say have it similar to Jessica Jones where he's a recurring character, but the overall show still feels like an Iron Fist show.

I'd rather keep the Netflix shows separate and just bump them up to 3 a year.

Luke Cage still has Atlas, Nightshade and Chemistro to fight. Iron Fist still has the Orson Randall and Seven Capital Cities Tournament arcs.

Defenders is already Heroes For Hire. Let further cross-overs just be guest stars.

I'd rather keep the Netflix shows separate and just bump them up to 3 a year.

Luke Cage still has Atlas, Nightshade and Chemistro to fight. Iron Fist still has the Orson Randall and Seven Capital Cities Tournament arcs.

Defenders is already Heroes For Hire. Let further cross-overs just be guest stars.

But can they afford to do three a year? Netflix president said they wanted to keep them at two a year.

But can they afford to do three a year? Netflix president said they wanted to keep them at two a year.
I'm sure they could. It's all a matter of do they want to and how confident on the return they are.

Yeah but if there are enough successful series, it only makes sense to produce more, particularly since there will be too many supporting characters to juggle them all so schedules will open up.

I can easily see three to four for a year with new seasons every other year among 8 series. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Punisher, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Blade + an occasional Defenders team-up being filmed since I don't see Punisher and Ghost Rider being members of the team but everyone else has been an Avenger at some point of another but Defenders should only hit once every three or four years.

For instance, I can see 2017 as being Iron Fist, Defenders and Jessica Jones (which is confirmed). 2018 would be Punisher, Daredevil, Luke Cage and Moon Knight. 2019 would go to Iron Fist, Blade, Ghost Rider and more JJ.

Last edited:
Jessica Jones isn't confirmed for 2017. Just that they are supposed to film it right after Defenders.

Jessica Jones isn't confirmed for 2017. Just that they are supposed to film it right after Defenders.
I've heard their filming concurrently and will start filming in the fall which, going by their previous productions, most likely means a 2017 release.

I suspect that its just a matter of time before Netflix goes three/year with the Marvel stuff. Keep in mind that Netflix has been pretty continually increasing its content output year over year since they started doing original content, and the Marvel stuff is some of their most popular. Plus, I'm pretty sure Netflix has part-ownership over the material, which means they get revenue from any secondary distribution ( broadcast contracts overseas, DVDs ).

I've heard their filming concurrently and will start filming in the fall which, going by their previous productions, most likely means a 2017 release.

Ritter to Digital Spy:

They’ll be back-to-back. I don’t know if they’ll overlap a little bit … It’s about to be a serious undertaking. I’m starting my physical training - lots of weight training and boxing.

That doesn't most likely mean 2017 at all. The still might want to space it further away.

I may have a different opinion to most but I'd love to see them combined in a Heroes for hire show, directly as a result of the Defenders. You'd have at least 4 established characters (Luke, Danny, Colleen and Misty) and could really get some great stories happening.
I also think this should happen as it will start clearing some airing time for newer characters like the Punisher. I'm assuming Daredevil will get a 3rd season, along with Jessica 2nd season, and if we only get 2 seasons per year we don't want to have to wait 2-3 years for a new character.

It's a good point Hardstone. Unless they start doing three shows a year, space is going to become a problem if they keep adding shows for new characters such as Punisher.

Even Daredevil hasn't had a third season announced yet.

I may have a different opinion to most but I'd love to see them combined in a Heroes for hire show, directly as a result of the Defenders. You'd have at least 4 established characters (Luke, Danny, Colleen and Misty) and could really get some great stories happening.
I also think this should happen as it will start clearing some airing time for newer characters like the Punisher. I'm assuming Daredevil will get a 3rd season, along with Jessica 2nd season, and if we only get 2 seasons per year we don't want to have to wait 2-3 years for a new character.

OR they get off their asses and bump it up to twice the output. They are definitely worth it, both to fans, to the studios, and to Netflix. If not, then just this, Hardstone. I would not have an issue at all with a Heroes for Hire series to follow Defenders. At all. Danny, Misty, Luke, Colleen, bring in Jessica as a supporting character with Hellcat (after JJ ssn2), add White Tiger and BAM, my dream line up for a street level Heroes for Hire.

I hear ya Nayt, but even for Netflix it might not be logistically feasible. Quite frankly I wish we could get five of these shows a year :D . It's never enough!

I vote team-up. Would be different than the rest of the Netflix shows and allow us to continue to see these characters.

Just for reference, the Powerman solo comic was eventually retitled into Powerman and Iron Fist, and continued on with that title for a time. It went from about Issue #50 and ended at issue #125 when Iron Fist "died."

So I mean, it's not like there isn't precedence for this. Again, these characters have a long-time history and association with each other. They are best friends. A lot of their best stories involved them teaming up with each other and sharing their own book where they worked together as partners in crime-fighting.

I think it has to be considered as an alternative option. Why? Because we are now running into a problem of too many Marvel Netflix shows and not enough time and money to do maybe more than two a year. So the alternative is waiting 2-3 years to maybe see a new season for each character. This sort of kills two birds with one stone. Essentially you combine Luke Cage and Iron Fist into one new season.

Wouldnt mind it.

And honestly, might be good move in order to make room for shows like Punisher and whatever is down the pipeline. Make one season deal more with a Luke Cage issue/villain, make the next about Iron Fist...

I'm fine either way. As long as the quality is there we win in any case, solo shows or team up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"