Superman Returns Kevin Spacey = Gene Hackman

Hackman looks like a hero next to Spaceys villain from what I've seen so far.

it's a different Luthor altogether. Spacey's Luthor is definitely the craziest Luthor I've ever seen, but I love how he played it. he is a threat because, being bats#!t f***in loco, he's just unpredictable.

Lightning54SC said:
ok its 2006 right? that must have meant that i signed up a year ago right?

im basically saying you all sound like an oldlays knitting group... serious the CGI sucked, this suck, thats sucks BLAH BLAH BLAH.. its a movie get over it.... im just standing up for the movie and will then make an opinion AFTER i see it... let the *****ing end till June 30th @ around hmmm 3:00 am when who ever sees the first shopwing comes home and give there opinions

Give me a moment and I'll knit you a splendid sweater. What colours would you like?

Metropolis_Man said:
Hackman looks like a hero next to Spaceys villain from what I've seen so far.

Yo MM, like me new avatar :up: Kudos to Hunter Rider, he really is good.

I don't want some pre-crisis laughing clownish Super-villain.

I want a truely evil Lex with a icy stare that can crush by the sheer power behind his name. I want the machinating villain and industrialist that is in control of all his human faculties and ultimately hateful of Superman usurping his place as the reciever of glory.

I don't want the Hackman Lex but Singer has delivered just that Ugg.

he's more cynical imo. and has this holier than thou attitude.

explode7 said:
^ How was MI3?

Alot better than I thought it would be. Its the best of teh series and only falls over a few times in the middle of the film.

8.5/10 from me :up:

Oldguy said:
It works both ways you know? If you want to see psychotic, that's what you will see.

As I already said, thats not what I wanted to see in him with the trailer.

Mentok said:
Alot better than I thought it would be. Its the best of teh series and only falls over a few times in the middle of the film.

8.5/10 from me :up:

I loved it. I give it an 8.9. But I rate the first one about 9.2. I just love it.

Gene Hackman while being a good Lex, played him as a very sane villian. Hackman Lex knew exactly what he was doing at all times, and he just didn't care how many people got hurt. He could really care less, and the people dieing really didn't matter to him. All that mattered was if his plan was going to work or not. He didn't care if the people lived or died. It didn't effect him one way or the other.

Kevin Spacey Lex is completely sadistic! The prospect of billions of people dieing actually excites him! His demenor and expressions clearly tell you that this is a man that has gone off the deep end. All the years in prison have just made the man more oblivious to the harm he inflicts. It has gotten to the point that he loves hurting people!

For the first time in any medium, this Lex Luthor actually seems dangerous to me. He actually scares me. He is a psychopathic genius. I love this Lex Luthor!

get37zx.gif

While I"m not a fan of Hackman's portrayal of Luthor, I'm looking foward to Spacey's take on the character.

I wasn't 'threatened' by Hackman's Lex at all. I hope that Spacey will rule all.

Spacey kinda reminded me of Rosenbaums portrayal of Lex in the episdoe, "Shattered" when he was going nutso...specifically the scene when he confronts Lionel in Luthorcorp with a gun.

Oh and another thing...they're still pronouncing it LuthER in Superman Returns?

ITG said:
I've said it once and I shall say it again-

Spacey (Luthor) is the new Mcdiarmid (Palpatine). Twisted and evil :up:

Go easy on me. I'm new. :O

Ha I like that.

Cuz Palpatine was calm and collected sometimes, but sometimes he would go fricking crazy in Star Wars 3....just like Luthor, sometimes calm but sometimes crazy.

Good comparison :up: :up:

comparing singer's work to geroge's prequel movies? I heart that not.
The emperor lost every ounce of calm and collected evilness he built up once he started all that cartoonish baffoonery during the yoda fight. He became a clown, a power ranger villian. MAKE MY DEATH STAR GRooooooooooOW! oh god don't let that happen to lex.

Fatboy Roberts said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114594/

Seriously. I know I'm harping on this, but you guys--rent the movie. Watch. You'll get a REALLY good idea what you're in for.

Kevin Spacey is playing Buddy Ackerman playing Lex Luthor.

Hey Fatboy, want to know a sure fire way to get a thread deleted? Ask BT if he is on the SR payroll.

Poof, deleted faster than a speeding bullet.

That's--interesting knowledge.

Although I was wondering where that thread went.

Fatboy Roberts said:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114594/

Seriously. I know I'm harping on this, but you guys--rent the movie. Watch. You'll get a REALLY good idea what you're in for.

Kevin Spacey is playing Buddy Ackerman playing Lex Luthor.
Really great movie. Watch it for one of the best torture scenes in a movie.

"Shut up, listen, and learn."

Oldguy said:
Hey Fatboy, want to know a sure fire way to get a thread deleted? Ask BT if he is on the SR payroll.

Poof, deleted faster than a speeding bullet.

Indeed it did. Must be Wabbit season at Warner bros? ugh...bad joke bad joke.....I need someone to slap me on that one.

Well, it seems Singer is really going for a pre-crisis homage, makes sense if he's taking the old movies and also the really old costume and the clownish Lex.

Disappointing however. I guess a cute/shy/clumsy Clark Kent and a crazy and over the top expressive villain (See Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey as Two Face and Riddler urrrrrk!!!!) is more appealing to audiences? I HOPE NOT!

EDIT - *Testing* couldn't post before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"