Kid Icarus

The only thing I didn't like about Kid Icarus was the game wouldn't scroll down.

If he makes a comeback, prepare for a Kid Icarus movie. He's actually more marketable to little kids than Zelda if he gains momentum. A teen with wings AND a bow and arrow? Helloooo, merchandising.

terry78 said:
A teen with wings AND a bow and arrow? Helloooo, merchandising.
So people can dress like Cupid, I mean Kid Icarus :oldrazz:

Cupid is a baby :o

Lord Blackbolt said:
why has it been so overlooked though?

He was overlooked because of Metroid. Both Kid Icarus games came out the same time as Metroid I and II and most likely sold more units while Kid Icarus just got a cult following. Then Super Metroid really helped that franchise while Kid Icarus was left in the dust. With Metroid they didn't make an N64 game for it b/c the creator died around that time.

The first thing I am doing with the Wii is downloading Icarus :cmad:

That is pretty true, at least within mythological stance. Well minus the nakedness.

Nintendo would be near insane not to dig up some of their old franchises for the Wii, like Kid Icarus, Punch-Out, a new DuckHunt.

Luckily, them pulling out ExciteTruck, a 'cousin' to ExciteBike, makes it kinda hopeful we'll see them dig up their old franchises. Although ExciteBike was on the N64, so who knows.:ninja:

Anybody have those fake screens of the next-gen Kid Icarus game?

I could have sworn they were on IGN. It was called Icarus and Pit was a mixture of Kratos and an angel. It was all kinds of awesome. Anyways, who wants to bet that Wii Boxing was a testing ground for Punch Out? If we get one, I'm betting its just like that, but with more variety. And we're getting something like Duck Hunt in Wii Play.

I hope Nintendo uses this opportunity to make a FPS franchise. Geist has a lot of possiblities here. Even as a wiimake.

8143828848437927.JPG

jaydawg said:
I could have sworn they were on IGN. It was called Icarus and Pit was a mixture of Kratos and an angel. It was all kinds of awesome. Anyways, who wants to bet that Wii Boxing was a testing ground for Punch Out? If we get one, I'm betting its just like that, but with more variety. And we're getting something like Duck Hunt in Wii Play.

I hope Nintendo uses this opportunity to make a FPS franchise. Geist has a lot of possiblities here. Even as a wiimake.
Kinda like Metroid? :confused:

Good point. I meant in more of a realistic and strickly FP sense. Metriod is great in the prime series, but it will always be stuck with the third person adventure genre.

Well, now that they put out the models for SSBB, they'll probably make a game with that model.. I'm SO looking forward to it though. Greek mythology is so ****ing interesting.

Word. Too bad they've already raped it with two Icarus games. I know alot of people disagree with me, but I think Pit should be a more mature version of zelda. The Brawl version of Pit is fine, but his enemies should be demented and creepy.

jaydawg said:
Word. Too bad they've already raped it with two Icarus games. I know alot of people disagree with me, but I think Pit should be a more mature version of zelda. The Brawl version of Pit is fine, but his enemies should be demented and creepy.
Definitely agreed.

thats not coll. thats a really bad rendering of characters thats already designed. thats just a real ****ty look to begin with.

the thing i dont like about icarus in brawl is that he's a bit out of proportion and that throws me off.

GoldenAgeHero said:
thats not coll. thats a really bad rendering of characters thats already designed. thats just a real ****ty look to begin with.

the thing i dont like about icarus in brawl is that he's a bit out of proportion and that throws me off.

Actually, it is cool. People can have different opinions. It's an interesting re-design on an old character.

How is he disproportionate?

whatever man, it looks like **** to me and that my opinion.

it just urks me when i see a ****ty desgn of a classic character. although its fanmade you can obviously tell he has no real visual taste.

well if you look at his arms,legs and feet, thier a bit unproportional. his arms almost looks like popeye's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"