Kinect and it's effects on the WORLD.

However, there are some people that may give it a chance. But the first time it fails to recognize them (the user), they won't use it again.

Natal != Milo.

Natal is the "controller" which opens up a new genres of video gaming, attracts casuals, as well as dramatically enhances gaming with the traditional controller. Using both sophisticated voice, motion and spatial sensing.

Milo is just a cool project that teams the innovative "controller" with cutting edge AI. It's not even finished. Natal is.

Natal != Milo.

Natal is the "controller" which opens up a new genres of video gaming, attracts casuals, as well as dramatically enhances gaming with the traditional controller. Using both sophisticated voice, motion and spatial sensing.

Milo is just a cool project that teams the innovative "controller" with cutting edge AI. It's not even finished. Natal is.

^This post scares me, since it reads like gamer and PR hype had sex and this is their child

what is the use of this technology in practical terms? I don't play games to be half-ass immersed. If I want full immersion, bring on virtual reality. But as of now this is simply a step towards that. I would rather sit my ass and kill some *****es by pressing buttons than half to stand up and act as if i were doing so. I agree that i already feel enough immersion from that.

It reminds me of someone schooling you on the difference between the two.

It reminds me of someone schooling you on the difference between the two.

And the "schooling" is meaningless, since I won't ever use either Natal or Milo. Besides, I wasn't even talking about Milo, just Natal

Isildur´s Heir;17015416 said:
I just found this out...

Remember Johnny Lee?
The guy that made some crazzy s**t with the Wii?
He is working with Microsoft on Project Natal...:eek:
I remember that guy. He is f****** genius.

But Milo was scripted in my opinion.

When this is released then MS will know what it's like to be flooded with Game Pary 8 and Carnival Games 17 and every other mini game compilation out there. :p

Watch this turn out to be crap, I hate that they are clowning the people that they are ripping off in the first place, like they just magically decided to use motion controlling by themselves with no inspiration

Peter Molyneux, nuff said.

Exactly, no matter if this Milo thing ends up being good as a game or not because he's going to hype it to the point that nothing will ever live up. He's already on his way to doing so with all his nonsense about 'no science fiction writer has ever even dreamed of this!'

Exactly, no matter if this Milo thing ends up being good as a game or not because he's going to hype it to the point that nothing will ever live up. He's already on his way to doing so with all his nonsense about 'no science fiction writer has ever even dreamed of this!'

That made me laugh as Isaac Asimov and Gene Roddenberry says hello. :p

When this is released then MS will know what it's like to be flooded with Game Pary 8 and Carnival Games 17 and every other mini game compilation out there. :p

Agreed. Natal and Sony's deal will simply usher in more shovelware.

^This post scares me, since it reads like gamer and PR hype had sex and this is their child

Don't talk about my momma like that.

People who say Natal is useless because Milo isn't fun make me want to rip my hair out. It's so utterly illogical, it makes me wonder how people survive.

I understand some people have a fierce prejudice against casual gaming, but to swear off voice recognition technology on principle seems a bit high-handed, don't you think?

what is the use of this technology in practical terms? I don't play games to be half-ass immersed. If I want full immersion, bring on virtual reality. But as of now this is simply a step towards that. I would rather sit my ass and kill some *****es by pressing buttons than half to stand up and act as if i were doing so. I agree that i already feel enough immersion from that.

It's not about immersion, it's about new forms of control. There are a number of features in any game that have little to do with the controller, but are mapped to shoulder buttons and menus because there's simply no other way for a controller to handle it.

For most games, theoretically, anything other than moving your character and using your weapon can now be done mid-combat with a voice or motion (not hand motion) command. That means non-stop action. Sounds fun to me.

The tech doesn't need you standing up. That's the milo game's design. There's nothing keeping the camera from reading you nodding on your couch as your signal to call in an airstrike.

Agreed. Natal and Sony's deal will simply usher in more shovelware.

Now THAT is a logical complaint. Yeah, if Natal is as easy to develop for as the Wii motion sensors, then yeah, we're going to get some ubercrap, no doubt. We're also going to get some gems, and potentially, improvements to our faves.

You're kidding me, right?

You're kidding yourself if you think it's not going to happen. Companies will now see that they can make a quick buck for all three companies instead of Nintendo, and they'll start releasing their mini game shovelware for all three systems.

You're kidding yourself if you think it's not going to happen. Companies will now see that they can make a quick buck for all three companies instead of Nintendo, and they'll start releasing their mini game shovelware for all three systems.

EDIT: Beat to it

The amount of resources/time/money that it takes to fully create a 360 game or PS3 game triumphs over the amount it takes for a Wii game. Developers know this, and that's why even the BIG developers made just about nothing but shovelware on the Wii. That's all that the system was good for pre-WiiMotionPlus.

Will it create some? Of course. There's always shovelware. But it's not going to change to a sudden influx of nothing but shovelware. Games will continue to come out like normal, and like normal there will be a huge gap in shovelware to regular games. But to imply that it's going to usher some new wave of gaming where theres nothing but casual shovelware Character Party 32 games, then there's something wrong with you.

The Shovelware on Wii sells so well is the 250$ price tag and 39.99-49.99$ games, whereas for a ps3 you're looking at an easy 700$ + 50-60$ a game, or the 360 at around 400-500, depending on how much the Natal or PS3M systems are going to cost. That right there should be justification enough against them hashing it out by the loads.

Yup because we all know that developers dump huge sums of money into extra peripherals that are not integral to the main system...oh wait...they don't, I forgot.

When it happens I'll search for and repost this conversation, and you'll look sadly at the shelf for Natal and PS3M since all you see is Carnival games 5, Game Party 7, and Raving Rabbids 55.

Exactly, not to mention I'm sure it'll be easy to port over Wii shovelware titles with little problems, especially to Sony's..whatever-they-want-to-call-it

Yup because we all know that developers dump huge sums of money into extra peripherals that are not integral to the main system...oh wait...they don't, I forgot.

When it happens I'll search for and repost this conversation, and you'll look sadly at the shelf for Natal and PS3M since all you see is Carnival games 5, Game Party 7, and Raving Rabbids 55.

I never said they did. I never said they had to. With Natal, which is what we're talking about here, I doubt the development will change much. Keep the games how they are, throw in a few new features that are basically just remapping the key strokes to the visual movements and boom you got your Natal games.

Does that mean when Natal is released there isn't going to be a batch of Shovelware games to go with it? **** no. Of course there is. That's probably ALL there will be when it's first released, but in the days, weeks, months following it's release theres going to be more and more games that have added Natal support for enhancing your gameplay experience.

And when I look at the shelves and see Carnival games 5, Game Party 78 and Raving Rabbits 55, I'm going to pick up Generic Space Shooter 16 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT or Generic Action Beater 12 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT. The way they've been trying to market and show Natal has come off in two ways: One, make it the complete, home family experience. Wherein games are completely controller less, and everything is done at ease with your hand movements. Two, add voice, movement, and other little controls to games that are out or games that are coming out to further immerse yourself into the game.

So yeah, they'll have games for both sides. The Natal will have some shovelware, and the PS3M will as well. But it will never get to the point where it's looking like Wii's library, where with the exception of non-exclusives and a handful of games, everything on it is just shovelware.

And when I look at the shelves and see Carnival games 5, Game Party 78 and Raving Rabbits 55, I'm going to pick up Generic Space Shooter 16 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT or Generic Action Beater 12 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT. The way they've been trying to market and show Natal has come off in two ways: One, make it the complete, home family experience. Wherein games are completely controller less, and everything is done at ease with your hand movements. Two, add voice, movement, and other little controls to games that are out or games that are coming out to further immerse yourself into the game.

So, it'll be filled with shovelware and titles that use it for mostly superficial and mostly pointless features?

Yeah, that sounds about right

Last edited:
SouLess, don't get me wrong, I actually hope they use it for good purposes, and find uses for it other than Pedo Simulators.

Even though (And I swear I'm not talking about you, but over the interwebs in general) how many people who throw flak at the Wii and their hate of motion controls are now praising these other two like crazy like they have always wanted to flail around the living room without the constraints of button presses...it just makes me laugh.

Truthfully though, I hope Natal ends up being more than the sum of it's parts...even though as with most peripherals, I don't think it'll be supported much beyond the simplest of tacked on additions. Same goes withe the PS3M.

SouLess said:
I'm going to pick up Generic Space Shooter 16 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT or Generic Action Beater 12 NOW WITH NATAL SUPPORT.

The way you put this made me guffaw really loud, in the middle of the Credit Union I work at, and people gave me nervous glances because of it.

Just the way you put this was very funny. :D

/Even though (And I swear I'm not talking about you, but over the interwebs in general) how many people who throw flak at the Wii and their hate of motion controls are now praising these other two like crazy like they have always wanted to flail around the living room without the constraints of button presses...it just makes me laugh.

To be fair, when the Wii was first announced it promised 1:1 and actual MOTION as opposed to just a waggle sensor with limited capabilities, so when Microsoft and Sony revealed THEIR motion programs and that they actually were 1:1 or controller-less it was kinda a big thing. I mean sure, the WiiMotionPlus is a huge step up from the Wiimote, but I think with the Wii a lot of gamers (myself included) felt like we were ripped off pretty bad with the Wii and it's capabilities.

Actually Nintendo never promised 1:1, people just assumed it would be. Nintendo has made great use of the controller, very responsive and fun in most cases. It's third party that couldn't seem to get a handle on how to use the controller, even though for the past year several of them have been getting it right more than naught.

Wiimotion+ will make it better.

Actually Nintendo never promised 1:1, people just assumed it would be. Nintendo has made great use of the controller, very responsive and fun in most cases. It's third party that couldn't seem to get a handle on how to use the controller, even though for the past year several of them have been getting it right more than naught.

Wiimotion+ will make it better.

While I agree that Wiimotion+ will be a step up from the old Wiimote, I think its price ($20 each) is way too steep. For a periperal attachment, I think it should've been alot cheaper. Even buying 2 is quite expensive, and I have 4 Wiimotes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"