Sequels Kitty Pryde movie in the works

Is Disney even trying to reign in all these X-Men spin-offs? I guess we should be happy as they wont exist to this magnitude when Disney get ahold of them.

You do realize Miller has a good relationship with Marvel right?

They can't do anything until the deal is approved, but that will be a benefit in terms of controlling the genre from being flooded with too much material.

Kitty is a top 5 X-Men for me, so this is intriguing. The great news is Tim Miller and his connection to Fox (soon-to-be Disney's Fox). I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way into the MCU at some point.

This is just in development, who knows what comes of it.

Another project that Feige will promptly kill once the Disney/Fox deal gets finalized.

Another project that Feige will promptly kill once the Disney/Fox deal gets finalized.

LOL...I wonder which character Fox will scramble to announce next

Sunfire? Bishop? Jubilee?

Emma would be my guess.

Shocked a Storm film has never been rumored.

Anybody else feel like this is desperation from the Fox-Men producers at this point?

Was wondering whether you or psy would post something akin to that.

Emma would be my guess.

Shocked a Storm film has never been rumored.

Halle Berry was in the role and after the disaster that was Catwoman, I can see why Fox wouldnt be willing to risk her headlining that film

Anybody else feel like this is desperation from the Fox-Men producers at this point?

It's business as usual until the deal is closed, but it does feel like these guys are just pissing in the wind.

Who knows if this will get made, as the story points out Miller is already directing the next Terminator film for a summer 2019 release so they won't even be thinking of starting filming for at bare minimum the next 18 months. But Miller does have a relationship with Marvel so who knows what will happen. If the Terminator does well I would think that Miller would be someone that they would be interested in giving something in the MCU to.

It's business as usual until the deal is closed, but it does feel like these guys are just pissing in the wind.
Yeah, but why are all of these spinoffs nobody asked for, being greenlit? Is it a coincidence that Multiple Man was announced the day that the Trades reported that Disney and Fox were very close to a deal? Or when Gambit's production start was suddenly moved up by like 5 months? And now this Kitty movie? Somebody in the MM thread made a valid point that these producers are desperate and know that Feige will soon have complete control. So they're trying to squeeze out as many spinoffs as possible to show the Fox-Men franchise has value

Was wondering whether you or psy would post something akin to that.

It's a valid observation though.

watching the collider video it came across that tim miller came to fox with kitty pryde pitch not the other way around

tim miller is a big comic book fan after all

I was mainly interested in the FF coming over to the MCU, so I am not all that concerned that the producers at FOX appear to be salting the earth before turning the X-Men franchise over to Feige. Are they hoping that A Very Madrox Movie and/or Shadowcat: Her First Adventure! will survive the transition? That their efforts will impress Feige and he will put them into cushy jobs over on the Disney lot? Is FOX just looking to fill out the schedule after losing the DreamWorks distribution deal?

I think mostly about folks desperate to unearth another Deadpool-type franchise success that will keep them employed after the Mouse takeover.

when Tim Miller is a biggest x-men fan than Kinberg.....
sadly, this arrives very late, imo. and probably wont happen at Fox.

Feige may look at it differently, and no doubt he could make Kitty Pryde a real star worldwide, unlike Fox and Kinberg

No. When you have things like Logan and Deadpool being more profitable than the main X-men movies, it makes sense to look at lower budget solo movies. Frankly, most of these seem like a creator who Fox likes pitches them, and Fox bites.

As long as they bring back Ellen Paige, I am interested.

just the thought of a Kitty Pryde movie directed by Tim Miller and with Ellen Page....
this should have happened years ago
I'll go to cry in my room

Five years ago that I'd be very excited to hear that. Especially with Tim Miller involved. Now it's just annoying.

I had to watch all my favorite characters being ruined, destroyed, wasted, killed off, treated like garbage for 18 years. Now they come up with that? Too little, too late.

I was mainly interested in the FF coming over to the MCU, so I am not all that concerned that the producers at FOX appear to be salting the earth before turning the X-Men franchise over to Feige. Are they hoping that A Very Madrox Movie and/or Shadowcat: Her First Adventure! will survive the transition? That their efforts will impress Feige and he will put them into cushy jobs over on the Disney lot? Is FOX just looking to fill out the schedule after losing the DreamWorks distribution deal?

I think mostly about folks desperate to unearth another Deadpool-type franchise success that will keep them employed after the Mouse takeover.

I don't know exactly how things work with them, but honestly, given what we know about Marvel movies, Disney will probably do their own thing with their own producers/directors/writers.

So maybe the FOX producers know they'll lose that gold mine soon so they're trying to greenlit all the possible movies they can... while they still can. Because probably the X-Men franchise will have different producers when Disney take over.

Does Kitty even have an archenemy?

I like letting creatives do what they want because sometimes it's the surprising movies that turn out the best and I definitely want more women led superhero flicks but why kitty and not say, Storm?

Yeah, but why are all of these spinoffs nobody asked for, being greenlit? Is it a coincidence that Multiple Man was announced the day that the Trades reported that Disney and Fox were very close to a deal? Or when Gambit's production start was suddenly moved up by like 5 months? And now this Kitty movie? Somebody in the MM thread made a valid point that these producers are desperate and know that Feige will soon have complete control. So they're trying to squeeze out as many spinoffs as possible to show the Fox-Men franchise has value.

Also I suspect they're probably trying to keep as many jobs at Fox as possible.

In addition, they may be trying to make a reboot seem less likely by pushing all these various characters into the mind of the public - but the problem is it's becoming very messy regarding continuity and where these films fit in the timeline.

I'm not sure Kitty Pryde has enough backstory or dimension for a solo movie, though i'd be interested to hear what Miller proposed and thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"