Lana Lang in this DC UNIVERSE. Who would you cast for following movies?

lang_zpsaed9691f.png

Why do you seem to think female characters should be added just for a relationship hiccup? if you're bringing her in just to make sure Lois gets jealous, why? Lois would've known Clark already for three films MOS, BvsS and JL before we even think about solo Superman film again.

Your OP is confusing do you mean for BvsS ?.

Last edited:
I like Lana. But her place is in a solo Superman movie. Superman 3 did a good job with Lana, they could do something like that if they wanted to use her in a future solo Superman film.

I really think it'd be a waste of time to introduce her here. I do not care to see her here at all...
that's the thing, maybe here but a little role or a smallville flashback but I want her for a solo Supes movie.

Why do you seem to think female characters should be added just for a relationship hiccup? if you're bringing her in just to make sure Lois gets jealous, why? Lois would've known Clark already for three films MOS, BvsS and JL before we even think about solo Superman film again.

Your OP is confusing do you mean for BvsS ?.
That won't be the main focus, she could be used in this movie to fullfill their relationship and also to know that Clark has a great friend (would be great to show a nice scene with both two teenagers and having a nice time on a flashback in Smallville). But the obvious thing is that Lana loves him, Clark loves her as a sister, and Lois is not happy with that. I mean is a normal stuff on people, is just a reaction. Lois could control it and disguise her jelausly but obviously didn't like the way Lana treats Clark, that doesn't mean she's gonna hate her. Just spicy stuff.

That jealous girlfriend thing is cliche.

What Grek Pak and Charles Soule does is better. They're writing Lana, Lois, and Wonder Woman (who's dating Clark) without any of them acting jealous or snippy.

Cover art by Ed Benes
MSG: This is the first time — not just in the New 52, but in many years prior — that we’ve seen classic Silver Age frenemies Lois Lane and Lana Lang interact. What role do you see these two women playing in Clark’s life together, and how do you see them relating to each other?

GP: That’s going to be a ton of fun to explore! I’ve been dying to do that since I first starting writing Action, and we’ll definitely see more of it. It’s a complicated thing right now, because there’s some indication that Lois might not quite be herself at the moment, and may have motivations that are pretty unusual for Lois Lane. So, how she interacts with Lana today may be different than how she interacts with her in a few months.

But that’s all part of the fun, actually. I think these are two women who, you know, love this big lug in their own ways. And they know him in different ways as well. I think those kinds of contrasts are also fantastic. In the sense that Lana grew up with Clark Kent as a kid, she has a different take on him, a different sense of who he is than Lois would. Lois met Clark as an adult, and has had interaction with Superman as an adult. So that provides some interesting contrasts. These two women may bond. They also may have different opinions about things in very interesting ways.

But even when you take Clark Kent and Superman out of the picture, I think these two women are fascinating together. They’re both straight-up heroes who are going to go out into the world and make a difference. They’re crusaders, frankly. At the same time, they’ve both got their own quirks and flaws. I’m dying to see what they do with each other when they’re not talking about Superman. They are fascinating characters, in and of themselves, and have every reason to believe I’ll continue to love writing them.

CS: I think it’s also worth adding that Wonder Woman is in the mix significantly as well. She has her own perspective on Superman and Clark, because she has come at him in her own way too.

One of the things I should say that none of us are interested in is making these women competitive with each other. While they all come at it from different directions, they’re all aligned in their love and support for Superman and hope that everything is going to work out, despite all the terrible things that are going to happen to this poor guy.

That jealous girlfriend thing is cliche.

What Grek Pak and Charles Soule does is better. They're writing Lana, Lois, and Wonder Woman (who's dating Clark) without any of them acting jealous or snippy.
I love how they did Lana. but also love what STAS did for her. So maybe a humble rich girl (maybe a fashion designer, or smth like that) or an engineer would be a nice touch. the jelaus thing is a human reaction, it hasn't to be the main topic. only a feeling. The main thing is the frienship, remeber the past on smallville, doing what both Clark and Lana did with their lives, the other part comes as a little thing in this situation.

I love how they did Lana. but also love what STAS did for her. So maybe a humble rich girl (maybe a fashion designer, or smth like that) or an engineer would be a nice touch. the jelaus thing is a human reaction, it hasn't to be the main topic. only a feeling. The main thing is the frienship, remeber the past on smallville, doing what both Clark and Lana did with their lives, the other part comes as a little thing in this situation.

Maybe she could be a STAR Labs scientist?

I don't see the point in including Lana. If Lois and Superman didn't have an almost instant connection in MOS I could see it but now I don't think it's necessary.

What about this girl for Lana?
Clara Oswald.
tumblr_n6e5tp5mVC1rdvi6fo2_250.gif

I honestly thought Amy looked great for Lana, so bringing in another red head may confused audiences now that they accept her as Lois. Maybe go with a blonde like

560.AliceEve.jc.1212.jpeg

He was stablished in MOS as a black hair girl.

There is a thing in Hollywood called "hair/make up". If they can give Bruce Willis and Woody Harrelson full heads of hair they can dye an actress' hair to fit an established character.

Alice Eve doesn't give me the Lana vibe. She looks gorgeous as a blonde, I don't know as a black hair girl.

He was stablished in MOS as a black hair girl.

As a kid. Women dye there hair as adults. Normal to see a brunette as a blonde or vice versa. I wouldn't think people would care if she is a different hair color than she was as a kid.

oh this is an easy one, Emilia Clarke

emilia-clarke-02.jpg

she looks a bit like an older and more mature version of Lana from MOS

That's a good looking girl.

What about Rebecca Hall? I loved her from the Town. She's beautiful also.
rebecca-hall.jpg

url

If Rebecca Hall shows up in a CBM again, I hope it's in a meatier role than Lana Lang would (probably) be. I'd hate to see someone with her talent wasted on a bit player again, like she was in Iron Man 3.

I quite liked Lana pre-New 52 when she was Supergirl's friend/confidant/surrogate older sister/etc. And New 52 Lana has been really good as well. She can be used in other ways beyond being Clark's love interest. Heck, she could be another friend/ally/confidant for him without their being anything romantic involved. The love triangle is the LEAST interesting aspect in truth.

If Rebecca Hall shows up in a CBM again, I hope it's in a meatier role than Lana Lang would (probably) be.
That depends on how Lana is presented. If she's a big friend of Clark that takes place in a future solo, exploring things from Smallville and their friendship. That role could be good for her. She or the Game of Thrones girl that was posted above would be great choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"